Closed Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    that what im thinking too sietchring
    1......2......3...... LIFT

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    fitnessman have you gained muscle while on a reduced calorie during keto on your plan

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ive been eating alot of honey turkey on my keto diet since its got alot of protein but for each serving there is 2gm of carbs and 1 gm of sugar, is that sugar bad during keto?

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i wouldnt eat them because ive read that sodium nitrates cause cancer also i think the glaze on it is bad for keto

also is it feasible to take carbs before a workout?

theres no need to, plus i was in keto and had the signs of strong odored urine and have been following it exactly the same is there and the smell of my urine is normal is there any way i can still be in keto? cause im eating 50 carbs a day and everything , i dont know what happened, and i just found out the honey turkey that ive been eating had less than 2% of dextrose in it and i ve been eating it for like 2 weeks is that bad?????

sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think you're going a little overboard worrying about all of this HeavyLifta. it seems you shouldn't have to stress so much as long as you're overall limit is around 50. i'm eating turkey sausage like 3 times a day. it has 2 carbs, 1 from sugar. But it didn't stop me from reaching ketosis so i don't see why it would throw me off, so i'm not even stressed about it. You should get some ketostix and see what's up.

Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buckyo7 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    how exactly can you tell if your body is in Ketosis?
    Two Wheel Drive Cant Survive!

callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bump on buckyo

i find that my muscles are constantly twitching, i feel "weird" overall, and i noticed that about an hour after i eat my protein at lunch (1 can of tuna and some peanuts), my breath tasted pretty different (not in a food type way), and i felt pretty hot all over. my breath also tastes weird (sort of hot?) after i go a while without drinking any water... i figured these were all signs that i was in a keto state, especially by the breath because i read that ketones are excreted through the lungs and the glycogen stores are depleted after about 2-3 days.. so is this right? are they all signs?

also... (to fitnessman or anyone else) would some diabetic drugs such as gluco****e be beneficial on this diet? and if so, how would you use them?
    the only good things to come out of england were elizabeth hurley and the muffins

i was thinking bout eating steak today, you know how when you buy steak theres no nutritional facts to know how much protein, calories, fat etc how can you find out or does anybody know?

callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50) callmejakob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    heavy lifta - i cant remember what thread it was in, but someone posted a link to the USDA nutritional facts for meat... you may wanna look around through the threads for it, or do a search on the net.
    the only good things to come out of england were elizabeth hurley and the muffins

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    brussel sprouts - MMMMMMMMMMM.

Where's mine. LOL

Richie,
    You should really try them. I like mine with a little olive oil and fresh lemon squezed on them.

Heavy lifter,
    I'd drop the honey turkey and opt for the regular browned turkey breast instead.

Hey guys, just a liitle tip. Books that contain all the facts on almost every food you can think of and thensome are available on the web. Try amazon or barnes and noble.

I have one of these books at my desk at work and you'd be supprised how ofter I use it as I add new and exciting foods to my diet. Keto or not, I like to know what I am eating now, unlike when I didn't care about my nutrition.

PEACE

bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Keto questions

I'm thinking of starting a keto diet sometime in the near future, but had a couple of questions. First, for the post-workout meal of 30g protein/30g dextrose, is a protein shake with 16 oz. of skim milk appropriate? The powder has 17.5g whey protein per serving and 2 g carbs, so with the 16 oz of milk and one scoop it would be 33.5 g protein and 26g carbs (does milk have dextrose)? If not, where should i get the dextrose from? Also, is this a good day's diet?

Meal 1 (Post workout): protein shake (from above)
    Meal 2: a few slices of turkey and some lettuce
    Meal 3: cashews or almonds and a protein shake with water
    Meal 4: 2 grilled chicken breasts with a salad
    Meal 5: peanut butter
    Meal 6: protein shake with water

I don't eat beef (I'm Hindu), and eggs take too long to make for me and my college student schedule. Would what I described be good enough for a day?

Thanks a lot everybody, this topic helped me learn a lot.

cause i bought alot of honet turkey but i can finish it in about a week, is it that bad if i eat them? next week ill make sure to get regular turkey?

stroudpr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bandar8338,

you definitely don't want milk post workout, it digests much too slowly. Use dextrose if possible, if not just use juice mixed with your whey.

jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50) jeffharding will become famous soon enough. (+50)

keto

I have 3 days until my contest. I carbed up on sunday and have been lifting high reps mon and tues with 50g carbs. I feel real tired. Should I carb up again before the contest? or should I try to get as far in to ketosis as possible. I have heard both. I will reduce my sodium, water and training on thurs and fri. My main concern is the carbs, I dont feel tight or full like I should. And I am not familiar with how carbing up affects me. Someone help please!!

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've just started looking into keto diets today. I'm assuming that this diet (from a body building perspective) would only be used for cutting up and never for maintaining or gaining weight. Is this correct?

Also I'm guessing you wouldn't want to do it for too long as you're basically putting your body into starvation mode?

Any input would be appreciated as I've been thinking about trying this diet.

xxlaura229xx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hey

yeah but see i dont get this diet then. Ok ive been on the keto diet to loose weight.. im 5'6" and 138... I wanna be about 128.. but if i loose the weight.. shud i still continue... b/c if I stop I will Just gain the weight back. what should i do? thanks! Laura
    "Dont be afraid to be who you are" ;)

overall its a healthier lifestyle

i cant seem to break this "carb addiction" and i seem to be going off all the time now

im up to 174 now

got to get back in line! i need more dedication im going to do it now tho

Hello

I was wondering if the addition to creatine to my post work out shake would be useful

Dorian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    actually you can stay on a keto diet year round. You up the fats and protein to bulk and then cut again. it is really simple. I sent a few articles in but they are in the wrong format so they should be on this weekend about bulking and all,
    as for creatine, you can use it but it doesn't make sense due to the amonut of creatine in the meats ou will consume. So jsut use it on your carb up days.

cant wait to read them

i was on the internet too much and i found this site informative so i decided to post it

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/howto/pfandbs.html#toc4

replay_boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i need help.....i am planning to go on a keto diet but i dont know where to start..
    i work out 4 days a week, and my workout consists of high rep low weight weight training.
    can some one help me with setting up a keto program??
    thanks alot

Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Original Poster has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by replay_boy
    i need help.....i am planning to go on a keto diet but i dont know where to start..
    i work out 4 days a week, and my workout consists of high rep low weight weight training.
    can some one help me with setting up a keto program??
    thanks alot
    There is alot of info on keto on this site as you may have already seen. If not, use the search button and read. There quite a few keto heads here and if you ask specific questions, you will get specific answers.

a place to start........http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dorian6.htm

PEACE
    Last edited by Chi_town; 05-17-2002 at 04:10 AM.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've been gaining alot of mass lately, very little fat but some. I'd like to get my abs back in check. I'm going to try this diet I will explain in 1 sec. It's a keto diet slightly modified. It's kind of phucked up nutrition wise but but I take plenty of vitamins, liver tabs etc... and I will only be on this for 2 weeks.

I'm close to 220 right now 5'9" probably 10-11%bf. I will be eating a (please don't laugh)... string cheese diet. I've found that a certain kind of string cheese provides the exact amount of nutrients per certain # of sticks that I will ideally take in on a keto. In the past I've wavered a bit in the tightness of my keto diets. with this there is no meal prep. I will be using appetite suppresants to help with that. I will take 6 servings a day each w/ 35g protein, 22g fat, & 7g carbs. This provides a total of ~2200 kcals a day. On top of this I will be using a pre-during-post workout shake which consist of 45g whey (various forms) 5g glutamine, 85g carbs (50/50 dextrose/malto) 5 g creatine all taken w/ 3-600mg ALA (haven't decided yet, probably 600mg though). This is much fuller on the workout carbs than most diets, similar to an animalbolics diet though there won't be a special 2nd post workout meal. I plan to up the cardio a bit too. I will be taking the following supplements also:

multi
    creatine
    tricuts (PPA, yohimbine etc)
    caffeine
    maybe guggul (depends on when my order arrives)
    liver tabs (1 w/ each meal)
    UA (before bed 250mg)
    T2
    zinc gluconate of course

I feel if I follow this diet exactly as planned I should make very quick and signifigant progress without loss of lean mass.

My workouts will stay the same as always, 2 on 1 off, a simple 2 day split (do not criticize my routine, It works for me) and aprox. 3 short bouts of cardio per week.

BTW don't preach to me about limiting my sources of food.

replay_boy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the thing that i dont really get is....when you say eat fat, what do you mean?? what kind of food is ideal for this kind of diet.....

Originally posted by Manteca
    I will be eating a (please don't laugh)... string cheese diet. I've found that a certain kind of string cheese provides the exact amount of nutrients per certain # of sticks that I will ideally take in on a keto. ..............
    .......I will take 6 servings a day each w/ 35g protein, 22g fat, & 7g carbs. This provides a total of ~2200 kcals a day.
    Manteca,

Would you mind sharing the string cheese you've found that has that makeup of nutrients?

I'm always looking for things to make keto even easier when life/work gets busy. Convienence can ge the key for many.

I like your plan and I wish you a great success on it. It looks damn sound to me. I think you covered all your bases nutritionally and as far as supps go.

PEACE

bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bandar8338 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Keto foods

I was looking around www.bodybuilding.com the other day, and they have a whole line of 'keto' products, different foods that are really low in carbs and supposedly taste pretty good. Has anybody tried these? Do they taste any good at all? Are they worth the cost? I'm interested in a keto diet, and was wondering if these might help me cut down my carbs. Thanks alot.

Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Manteca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sargento, it cost me about 6 bucks a day to eat. Very reasonable. In the future I might drive to sams and see if I can get a big pack there. The cheese has per 28g (1 stick) serving 5g fat, 8g protein & 1g carbs. It's a little low on the carbs but not too much. Its hard to ask for better. In the end I decided on taking 4 sticks 6X per day. That mean 20g fat, 32g protein & 4g carbs. I am not worrying about carbs being so low since overall their small presence in each meal is offset by the huge amount of post workout carbs. I am expecting alot from this diet. So far it has been very easy to follow. The fat really is very filling despite its' density. I am not hungry at all.