Closed Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    cool, thanks richie! I'll give that a try...

I've actually found it really hard to fit in enough calories a day. Like this morning I had bacon and eggs for breakfast and 5 hours later I still wasn't hungry. I just wish there was some low carb deserts, cuz I got a real bad sweet tooth!

I've found an ECA stack, but not sure how good it is...

anyways, I'll see how I go, thanks again!

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man, im am SO damn hungry all the time. ITS KILLING ME! I dont know how you guys can eat bacon and italian sausage all day and not TOTALLY go over your daily cals. My daily cals on the keto diet are 1650 AND THAT AINT MUCH!! I can eat that in one meal EASILY. And on the keto diet that is only like 19g's of fat per meal at 5 meals a day. That is not much fat, just over a tbs of olive oil and i KONW italian sausage and bacon have way more then that. Heck one serving of walnuts (1/4 cup) has 20g's of fat.

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    well I usually can't stop myself from eating but three days into keto I can't even manage to get my full calories. I'm at about 2200 calories which is bout 120 grams of fat a day. I'm really struggling to make it up!

I must admit I don't really like having to eat only protein and fat, but what can you do??

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    i'm not really sticking to any ratio's or calorie target at the moment. whenever i'm hungry i just eat some protein & fat. i found the more fat i eat the less hungry i get and the more fat i lose. it's funny to stuff yourself with hamburger meat,full-fat cheese,eggs & a couple of spoons of flaxseed oil (my breakfast this morning) and not walk away from the table feeling bloated and full. for 2 days now i've also added 200mg of ALA before each meal (even if it doesn't contain carbs) and 500mg of ginger root extract for protein digestion and i must say my digestion has definately improved.Richie

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dang richie, thats great, what is your bf at now? Im at about 8% on a 9pt test and about 6.5% on a 3 pt test. Im trying to get to 5% on a 9pt for the summer....and I AM STARVING, mabey im not getting enough fat. I would love to be able to eat more fat and lose more fat. It is no problem for me to get 1600 cals a day. I could honestly eat 3 times that...of clean food...with no problem.

BTW: be carefull with flax, i believe there is a daily limit on that stuff. I heard that to much can have some crazy genetic side effect or somthing like that. and im not kidding. When i started using it, i would just grind the seeds up in a coffee grinder and add it to a shake or cerel, then a doctor told me that i should not eat any more then like 3 tbs of flax seed a day because of that side effect.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 06-13-2002 at 08:18 AM.

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry dtdionne, i don't have any idea what my bodyfat is,although i really should start doing this. i just go by the mirror,always have and probably always will. the bathroom mirrors at my girlfriends ARE NOT very flattering at all so when i look good in them i'll be happy.if your REAL hungry then i'd suggest (though i'm NO expert and still experimenting myself) maybe increasing your fats as this is where your body is getting it's energy from so you have to have an abundance of it especially if your active outside the Gym as well. also (and thanks for the warning,i'll check into it further) i have 3 or 4 spoons of either flaxseed oil or olive oil spread out during the day usually after a meal like steak (smothered in mayo) & broccoli for example and just before bed with maybe some cheese,eggs and peanut butter. i said before that i tried keto twice before and got it right the third time so stick with it. i love it now and rarely crave carbs like i used to. good luck.Richie

9 years and counting... MuscleTex's Avatar
    MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MuscleTex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    didnt get time to read all the posts so sorry if these questions are repetitive.

How many calories a day can you have?Is there an upper limit?

Do you carb reload on the weekends(both days)? How many on these days?

How long do you reccomend staying on keto?

Should I change my training routine at all?

Should i use glutamine?

Do you have to follow the ratios(fat to protein)?

I'm 224 lbs. should i take in around 50-100 grams of carbs? (someone wrote 50g PLUS 30g postworkout - total of 80g)

What about an ECA stack?

hey thanks, this is my first try at keto.

Angry still can't get there!!!

OK, day four and still no ketones!!!! I've been having some broccoli and my fat is at about 50-60% and I haven't been taking in more than 30g of carbs a day!

Whats up??? I think maybe once or twice or could smell that ammonia in my urine, but that's it.

Plus now I'm worried about eating all this fat if I'm not in ketosis, does that mean it's all getting stored away!?

HELP...

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Test strips are not the only way to tell if you are in ketosis. Bad breath, strong urine are a few others. Use the test strips first thing in the morning, right after waking up. Just the slightest shade is all you need.

Stay the course. The metabolism has shifted and results will follow soon.
    Psalm 121

Thumbs up

cool, will do! Just kinda eager! It just feels wierd cuz I have so much energy, I feel like I must be doing something wrong. But I'll hang in, thanks man!!!

What would the effect of not doing the carb loading be? I was thinking about skipping it for a couple of weeks

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have done that before, after a few weeks of real bad eating. Overall I have to say I dont recommend it. Keep in mind we are bodybuilders. The load is critical.
    Psalm 121

Yeah, well i just kicks in my hunger soooo bad, thats all. I hate that, it kills me. Im already hungry enough!

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ketogenic polygon
    Attached Images

Talking OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

Out freakin standing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice!!!

Thank you!!!
    Psalm 121

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    chris, inform us when you reach the promised land.

Talking finally!!!

well this is my six day on keto and I just woke up and finally had a trace of ketones in my urine!

Fitnessman, I know you don't like the ketostix but it's pretty exciting to actually have some feedback that something has changed in my body!

daniel2166, finally dude, finally!

I still don't have any of the other signs, which I guess is a good thing! Anyways thanks for the support and help guys, I'll keep posting to let you know my progress! So far I've lost 2lbs, which I know is water weight, but still its nice to see something happening!!!

thanks...

videogameguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is a keto diet an ok diet if im not excersizing or doing anything do to a horrible back injury if it isnt then i ust wasted 100 bucks on lwo carb fatty food

also is keto safe for teenagers?

one more thing
    would this be a good keto diet for a a day
    meal 1 centrum performance can/grape juice/ peperoni
    meal 2 peperoni and peanut butter
    meal 3 tuna in water or sunflower seed oil
    meal 4 burger no bun
    meal 5 skinless grilled chicken breast
    meal 6 weider proteindrink in water

and improvements on this would be nice

princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50) princessbigman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    drop the grape juice

post your stats

weight
    height
    and count the calories up and protein and fat inthat food

like this

Meal# 1can tuna 175 cals 3 fat 0carb 37.5pro

than at the end give the totals for the day it will help us help you

5' 10"
    150 lbs.
    sounds liek i dont have much fat to lose but i dont have much muscle or anything so a lot is fat im not shure what my bf%

fat/carb/pro/cals
    peperoni 13/0/5/160 x2
    chicken 1/0/25/110
    peanutbutter 15/6/9/200
    tuna in sunfloweroil(in water) 6(1)/0/12/100
    burger 17/0/22/250
    protein drink 2/1/17\150

so that's 67/7/80/1130
    plus maybe a few from some condiments

these don't seem to be very good numbers maybe i should add a second chicken atleast i dont have to worry about nutriets since i got my multivitamin
    please help me out with improvements to this

i think doubling the chicken and maybe adding some vegetables with it might be good

i'd throw in some fibrous veges (to keep you regular) with your meat,chicken & fish meals.you could also add a couple of spoons of flaxseed oil. i find the flax really slows down the absorbtion of food and keeps the hunger pains at bay. if i get stuck for time i just get some beef patties,a jar of full fat mayo and some salad mix from the supermarket. you can also get cheese,nuts,cold meat cuts.i find i have more choice now than on a carb based diet where you have to cook most things like pasta,rice,oats etc.it's really not as complicated as you might think.Richie

i just went out to a bruch for fathers day and i tried to stick to the keto but it's hard and i ended up eating icecream with some chocolate and strawberrysauce would this screw me up even if i didnt eat carbs at all the rest of the day and week

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    no its ok youre most likely still in ketosis cause during carb loads you eat lots of carbs and still be in ketosis, so if you had some icecream its ok
    1......2......3...... LIFT

i got anohter question

i hurt my back really bad likea month ago and it keeps getting worse starting today im going to take off several weeks just to sit around and do nothin is it alright to start a keto diet if im not going to exercize any?

Cool carb load???

OK guys. I didn't do a carb load this weekend as it was my first week on keto. I want to do one next weekend though and I need to know how long, when to start and when to stop (in respect to when you train)? Can anyone else.

I see fitness man say 60/30/10, for C/P/F, but I also need to know the amount of calories and for how long you do this.

Thanks...

PS. Ketostix show me out of ketosis this morning, but in all of yesterday...

HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250) HeavyLifta has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    gameguy you can do a keto diet but the fat loss process will be alot slower without lifting and cardio

chrisg, carbloads last ferom 24-36 hrs, calorie intake is the same as a regular keto day, just with different proportions, 60/30/10
    1......2......3...... LIFT

damn i just started doing this keto thing the other day and ive gained several pounds and gotten flabbier

i dont know why all you seem to lose weight with this accept for a lil ice cream ive had no carbs at all