Stronglifter94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Krav Maga and StrongLifts 5x5

Hi everyone. I'm going to start training in Krav Maga so I can learn self defense. I also want to do the StrongLifts 5x5 Workout so I can gain strength.

StrongLifts Workout A
    Squat (5x5)
    Bench Press (5x5)
    Barbell Row (5x5)
    Dips (3xFailure)

StrongLifts Workout B
    Squat (5x5)
    Overhead Press (5x5)
    Deadlift (1x5)
    Pull-Ups/Chin-Ups (3xFailure)

Should I do StrongLifts 3 times a week and do Krav Maga 2 times a week? How do I combine the two without overtraining? Should I do it like this?

Monday - StrongLifts
    Tuesday - Krav Maga (1 hour)
    Wednesday - StrongLifts
    Thursday - Krav Maga (1 hour)
    Friday - StrongLifts
    Saturday & Sunday - REST

Diet:
    Eat every 3 hours. Protein, fruits, veggies, carbs, and healthy fats with every meal. 2 cups of water with every meal and drink lots of water during Krav Maga class and StrongLifts workouts.

Which routine do you think I should do? Please and thanks.
    Last edited by Stronglifter94; 03-21-2014 at 10:51 PM.

HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can try it. You'll need to eat loads though to get enough calories in. If you start fading out, start eating more.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you'll be absolutely fine. Just dont lift legs before Krav class.

Originally Posted by HarryFlashman View Post
    You can try it. You'll need to eat loads though to get enough calories in. If you start fading out, start eating more.
    Thanks bro. The StrongLifts diet says I should be eating at least 3,000 calories a day. I'm going to be burning off a lot of calories in Krav Maga for sure so I'm definitely going to have to eat more. The reason why I'm only going to do Krav 2 times a week anyway is because I'm more dedicated to strength training weight lifting more than anything because it's my most favorite hobby.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    you'll be absolutely fine. Just dont lift legs before Krav class.
    Yeah that's why I'm going to do Krav class just twice a week. I enjoy lifting weights more than any other physical activity.