Page 96 of 271 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,880 of 8110
    Registered User ProfVanhellsing's Avatar
    ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey inked brahs. I'm looking for recommendations for a tatto artist that specializes in Asian tats. I have a chinese character on my right shoulder that's about 2x3 inches that I might want to either cover up or work around.

I live in San Francisco but I'm pretty picky in terms of what I want. Artistry is pretty important to me. I'd love to get something from Tristen Zhang from Chronic Ink however his shop is over in Toronto Canada and I'm assuming the wait time for an appointment is 1 year+ His work is here: http://instagram.com/tristen_ss . I think his style is neo-traditional asian art

So, I'm looking for any recommendations for any similar artists in Norcal or Socal. I'd be willing to travel to L.A. to get some ink done. Thanks
    Last edited by ProfVanhellsing; 10-03-2014 at 01:42 AM.

xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ProfVanhellsing View Post
    Hey inked brahs. I'm looking for recommendations for a tatto artist that specializes in Asian tats. I have a chinese character on my right shoulder that's about 2x3 inches that I might want to either cover up or work around.

I live in San Francisco but I'm pretty picky in terms of what I want. Artistry is pretty important to me. I'd love to get something from Tristen Zhang from Chronic Ink however his shop is over in Toronto Canada and I'm assuming the wait time for an appointment is 1 year+ His work is here: http://instagram.com/tristen_ss . I think his style is neo-traditional asian art

So, I'm looking for any recommendations for any similar artists in Norcal or Socal. I'd be willing to travel to L.A. to get some ink done. Thanks
    Check out inkfiendart.com and their yelp, very well known in LA.
    MasterMike is da gawd of Asian tattoos but wait time is 1 1/2~2years. I got mines done by his apprentice at the same shop.

Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epithet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Off the top of my head, Jeff Gogue, Chris O'Donnell and Mike Rubendal are 3 of the best Japanese style artists that are in the states. No idea where exactly theyre located though

myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Jeff is Oregon.

Chris and Mike are New York.

For neo or styled Japanese I would go with Grime....hands down. Personally, I would pick Horimono for pure traditional. That's traditional Japanese is so bold it will never look dated. Always look like a solid tattoo. Both arists are in the Bay area.

If you willing to travel, Mike Ropper is the guy to get tattooed by. He is where tattooers go to get their tattoos. The gray ghost of Japanese tattooing.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) reelop19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thought I'd post my post-tattoo care because I've had good results after several sessions:

4 Days of A&D Ointment
    1.) Immediately after coming home unwrap tattoo and clean it in shower.
    2.) Apply A&D Ointment
    3.) Wrap tattoo for 4 straight nights after applying A&D ointment
    4.) Apply A&D ointment throughout day as needed (don't let the tattoo get dry if you can help it)

For the following week use unscented lotion as much as you can. With this process I've had very minimal scabbing if any and only slight peeling.

BigRafa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been following this thread from its creation. Actually drew me in to the forum. Certainly many talented artists and who one chooses is largely subjective. I'm very particular and am finding that's a problem as the artist I'm interested in is booked for three years and isn't taking appointments.

DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50) DIEMIRIN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    yesterday

ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProfVanhellsing will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how long does a half sleeve take? I got correspondence back from a tattoo shop and they said it would take around 8-12 hours so around 2-3 sessions. And you have to wait 3 weeks in between sessions to have your skin heal?! What if you were visiting from out of town

myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50) myjohnson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BigRafa View Post
    I've been following this thread from its creation. Actually drew me in to the forum. Certainly many talented artists and who one chooses is largely subjective. I'm very particular and am finding that's a problem as the artist I'm interested in is booked for three years and isn't taking appointments.
    100% agree. Most "popular" guys wait time are getting real high.

Sometimes I think collectors get caught up on internet or TV hype and demand for a tattooer shoots up. A lot of solid tattooers just worry about making good tattoos and not how many followers they have on istagram. Additionally, I think collectors want to tie a name to their tattoos so they are waiting a long time for an artist. I put more value on interpersonal relationship with an artist. I don't need a big name to do my tattoos. Rather have a cool arse person i know tattooing me. It's not like we buying and selling art where demand for a "name" is higher.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

how long does a half sleeve take? I got correspondence back from a tattoo shop and they said it would take around 8-12 hours so around 2-3 sessions. And you have to wait 3 weeks in between sessions to have your skin heal?! What if you were visiting from out of town
    Really depends on the tattoo and the artist. They are right about the 2-3 week wait for healing unless you work different areas of the skin.

I half sleeve and chest plate took 20 hours and 7 sessions. But my tattoo has a lot of detail and color.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

Originally Posted by myjohnson View Post
    Really depends on the tattoo and the artist. They are right about the 2-3 week wait for healing unless you work different areas of the skin.

I half sleeve and chest plate took 20 hours and 7 sessions. But my tattoo has a lot of detail and color.
    do we have to wait for the skin to heal because it can't be worked on or due to the pain?

pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pep_meister has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you can do an 12 hr session. would be brutal... but 8 is very feasible. also the full sleve i'm working on currently i'm at 11 hours and about 1/4 way done. my half sleeve took 18 hours.
    -BALTIMORE RAVENS-ORIOLES-TCUFOOTBALL-SPURS-
    *MISC COLOGNE CREW*
    "Ever love someone so much you'd do anything for them? Well.. Make that someone your self and do whatever the hell you want." Harvey S.

The skin needs to heal.

Over working the skin can cause scabs and the ink to blow out.

Depending on the design, a full sleeve is doable over 2-3 days back to back to back.
    Reppin DMF & JG crew

tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tigersfan89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just extended my half sleeve onto my chest. First ever severed head my artist has done, couldn't be more stoked.

Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000) Pavels is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GreyBrah View Post
    Loving your work mate, super clean. Are they all done by the same artist? I'm really fancying some traditional work.
    yeah man, check out tonybluearms on instragram

JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by pep_meister View Post
    you can do an 12 hr session. would be brutal... but 8 is very feasible. also the full sleve i'm working on currently i'm at 11 hours and about 1/4 way done. my half sleeve took 18 hours.
    this..

brutal but possible

Private Equity Degen VBogdanovic's Avatar
    VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VBogdanovic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Damn brahs i just realized how much more i need to be expecting to pay when i get my piece by Rember. Im hoping i can get my 3/4 sleeve finished in 18 hours or less but i dont know how realistic that could be. That $250/Hr rate adds up pretty quick hahahaha. We'll see though. Either way im going to be fronting some major change. It'll be worth it though.. can't wait!

Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gbinkster is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm at 20 +hrs and still need another 15 I'd say for my 3/4 sleeve. Heck a face and veil , Virgin Mary , took 5 hrs and I'm going back for about 5 more to get more detail and dimension. Rember is very detailed and there's no way to make the ink look smooth without layering which takes time. It will be a couple grand but we'll worth it brah. I'm guessing 5k. I'm at 3500, but happy as hell.

HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000) HJB12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i have my session booked with Russell at H&H Orlando next week

http://www.hartandhuntingtonorlando.com/artists/russell

portfolio on FB
    http://www.********.com/media/set/?s...7770529&type=3

like the watercolor style he does. will be on my leg between knee and ankle and lots of color. sent him pictures of the plane my grandpa flew in the Navy in the 60s. right now i have 3 but all are shoulders, inner bicep and black

Namaste ... Phaggot ShortStacks's Avatar
    ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That feel when the tattoo is about a week old and ITCHES TO THE POINT OF CONTEMPLATING AMPUTATION.

God damn brahs, my last session healed up nicely but it is seriously itching worse than I've ever had...

The only trick I know of is to 'slap' the itchy area, but do you guys do anything else (i.e. have any tricks i haven't heard of before)?

JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JJ2131 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ShortStacks View Post
    That feel when the tattoo is about a week old and ITCHES TO THE POINT OF CONTEMPLATING AMPUTATION.

God damn brahs, my last session healed up nicely but it is seriously itching worse than I've ever had...

The only trick I know of is to 'slap' the itchy area, but do you guys do anything else (i.e. have any tricks i haven't heard of before)?
    do they have bepathen where you are? works a treat for me, although a little bit of itchiness comes with the territory

Originally Posted by Gbinkster View Post
    I'm at 20 +hrs and still need another 15 I'd say for my 3/4 sleeve. Heck a face and veil , Virgin Mary , took 5 hrs and I'm going back for about 5 more to get more detail and dimension. Rember is very detailed and there's no way to make the ink look smooth without layering which takes time. It will be a couple grand but we'll worth it brah. I'm guessing 5k. I'm at 3500, but happy as hell.
    pics?

brynebv,

been meaning to ask you, do you tip Jun?

Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Andybird has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JJ2131 View Post
    do they have bepathen where you are? works a treat for me, although a little bit of itchiness comes with the territory
    This, that, these, those.
    Bepanthen is the GOAT.
    * ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *
    IPF 105kg

ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000) ShortStacks is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Andybird View Post
    This, that, these, those.
    Bepanthen is the GOAT.

BRB GOOGLE/AMAZON ...

Itching is better today (less of it), but I'll want this chit for my right sleeve if it works like you sick kunts say it does!

xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xslick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What to do about itching? I'm resisting the urge to scratch so I've been slapping and rubbing the tat. Sometimes I'll catch myself scratching at it in my sleep.

byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) byrnebv has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    brynebv,

been meaning to ask you, do you tip Jun?
    I do. $200 each session.
    Men's Physique IFBB Pro

Originally Posted by xslick View Post
    What to do about itching? I'm resisting the urge to scratch so I've been slapping and rubbing the tat. Sometimes I'll catch myself scratching at it in my sleep.
    LOL dude ... I just posted this question (which was answered) directly above this post.

Anyway, what I do is SLAP the spot that itches quickly and it seems to helps immediately. By doing this you are also avoiding scratching and peeling of the tattoo (causing damage).

Otherwise, couple other dudes in the thread recommended this stuff called "Bepanthen" which I will be looking for in my pharmacy.

I've also heard that some people wrap their tattoos in cling wrap at night which I personally think is not a good idea.

Originally Posted by byrnebv View Post
    I do. $200 each session.
    thanks for the reply.

will tip next time, coming from OZ its just so foreign to me but hey when in rome..

Originally Posted by ShortStacks View Post
    LOL dude ... I just posted this question (which was answered) directly above this post.

Anyway, what I do is SLAP the spot that itches quickly and it seems to helps immediately. By doing this you are also avoiding scratching and peeling of the tattoo (causing damage).

Otherwise, couple other dudes in the thread recommended this stuff called "Bepanthen" which I will be looking for in my pharmacy.

I've also heard that some people wrap their tattoos in cling wrap at night which I personally think is not a good idea.
    shortstacks,

bepanthen is used primarily for nappy rash, tattooists just picked up quickly that its fantastic for healing tattoos. Im sure if you cant find it, find a nappy rash cream which should work the same..

Cheers

Josh