I'd Rather be Lifting... STL_Lift's Avatar
    STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Protein Shake without PB

So my typical evening protein shakes used to consist of 2 scoops casein, 1 banana, 1 1/2 - two servers of Peanut butter, ice and water and blend.

I'm back to cutting and counting macros now. I've been eating way too much fat and most of it is coming from the PB.

id tried to make a shake the other night without, but it didnt not blend for **** and tasting like frothy crap.

Any suggestions on something else I could use other than PB that would help bind everything?
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 198lbs

HST FTW

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why not keep the PB and account for the calories elsewhere?

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just protein and milk?
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50) STL_Lift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    Why not keep the PB and account for the calories elsewhere?
    That may be my best bet... though my fat intake has been too high, I need to eat more overall to get the ratios where they need to be, but then carbs fall short.... so eat more carbs and i'm to close to maintenece. LOL.

#lifterprobs

HST FTW

Originally Posted by VmissileX View Post
    Just protein and milk?
    tried that, but not really a milk drinker. My wife pays for it when I drink milk...

HST FTW

MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrBillson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by STL_Lift View Post
    That may be my best bet... though my fat intake has been too high, I need to eat more overall to get the ratios where they need to be, but then carbs fall short.... so eat more carbs and i'm to close to maintenece. LOL.

#lifterprobs
    You're only eating too much fat if it's putting you over your calories.

I do hope you're not basing your macro nutrient intake on a ratio of calorie consumption?

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tried that, but not really a milk drinker. My wife pays for it when I drink milk...
    Haha thats funny.

What kind of protein are you using, some are good with water and das it.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

Originally Posted by MrBillson View Post
    You're only eating too much fat if it's putting you over your calories.

I do hope you're not basing your macro nutrient intake on a ratio of calorie consumption?
    Not 100% sure what you mean. my adjusted bmr is 2600-2700, so i have been shooting for 2100 total cals, but I look at the ratio's before total cals. The past month or so ive been close to 3000 with around 40f/25c/35p... to many nuts and PB.

really trying to adjust to a 20/40/40 or 20/30/50 (fat/carb/pro)

HST FTW

CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianNoob will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you blending it or using a shaker cup? I use to use a magic bullet and would get the same problem you had, it would be frothy and taste like something a cat puked up.

Try using a shaker cup with the mesh in it so it blends well. That's what I use now and it mixes well.
    Current Lifts
    Weak as F

Current Goals
    Lift more

[]Cutting
    [X]Bulking

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    if you're lactose intolerant like i am use either lactase-treated milk or almond milk
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Not 100% sure what you mean. my adjusted bmr is 2600-2700, so i have been shooting for 2100 total cals, but I look at the ratio's before total cals. The past month or so ive been close to 3000 with around 40f/25c/35p... to many nuts and PB.

really trying to adjust to a 20/40/40 or 20/30/50 (fat/carb/pro)
    Don't use a ratio to determine macro nutrient targets.

Macro needs are determined by body composition and size, not a percentage of total calorie consumption.