ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)

proper pullups= straight body?

I do full rom, but, im not in a straight line. There is no swaying or kipping, but, i think my abs flexing brings my feet forward a foot or so. They stay solid in that position through the set. It makes it pretty hard to do reps in those machines that have the assisted bench. I bump into the folded bench and its ****ing annoying.

This normal? Bad rep? Favoring chest? Dead hang really not necessary for it to be a clean rep? Am I turning a pullup into an inverted bodyweight row?

I've tried to compensate by pushing my hips forward and keeping my feet behind me at a 90 degree angle, but, it feels weird and seems awkward.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Bringing your legs forwards/up is a natural reaction. I try to keep them relaxed but as I get towards the end of a set, they move around a bit. You can call this cheating if you like but the target muscle is still being overloaded - so who cares unless you are in some kind of competition with other people.

FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Consider using some other device for pullups, such as a rack/cage or cable cross rack. These usually have pullup handles on them.
    Also consider facing outward at the assisted pullup machine if you want to use that.
    Either approach may help you avoid the folded bench problem.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not in my opinion.

I look straight up, arch my back, push my chest forward and try to keep my feet backwards, and try to touch chest to bar. I find this places much better emphasis on my lats.

jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50) jcpeyton will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think it really matters if you are getting results from them. Arnold used to do like 3 different variations of the pull up in his back workouts so I say move around a bit and experiment and find what works best for you.
    Neogenix Supremacy 2.0 Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161651403

Activate Xtreme Review
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151811943

MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50) MaxPlank will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A little arch is to be expected. The goal is a smooth full rom, in control execution where you feel the lats working.

Where your legs are positioned is to only balance the movement, it isn't a must.
    Professor of everything but master of nothing.

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thx for the input. Ill try and mix it up a bit and try what Idrinkblood said. I typically use the cable cross area when its available and sometimes I do straight bar stuff with the smith rack in the top position and my knees bent. I just wanted to know if this was normal.

I definitely focus on full ROM and lat activation. Touch my sternum on chins and do close grip neutral pulls tight to my chest on a V handle attachment slung over a bar. Straight bar the bar is completely below my neck when im in the top position (knuckles to shoulders). I just cant stay in a nice line for the life of me.

Im doing these as a 5-3-1 assistance exericise. I can knock out 5 sets of 10 full rom. I wonder if I should add weight. My understanding was that the assistance exercises shouldn't be taxing, so, I havent.

Imma just keep at it.

thanks again

Off topic, but, theres maybe 3 people I've seen do an actual full range pullup at my gym.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As long as you arent doing Crossfit pullups, youre fine

TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TJP33 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FltDoc06 View Post
    Consider using some other device for pullups, such as a rack/cage or cable cross rack. These usually have pullup handles on them.
    Also consider facing outward at the assisted pullup machine if you want to use that.
    Either approach may help you avoid the folded bench problem.
    Put the pin in at the lightest amount of weight and put a 45lb plate on the platform, will sit it on the ground so not in way.