Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Switching from strength to hypertrophy?

I'm a noob. Just got back into lifting after taking a one year break, right now I'm following babylovers routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135564721 to get my lifts back up. Couple questions: first off, is this a good routine? Second, my main goal is to get both bigger and stronger. Will this routine be worse for building muscle as opposed to strength than one based on hypertrophy? If there are better options out there for hypertrophy I think I'll wait until my lifts go way up and I hit a plateau before changing to hypertrophy. Is this a good idea? Thanks for any responses

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For 99% of all lifters strength is size. Meaning the stronger you are they bigger you will be. Lift big, eat big, take sloots to poundtown.
    OG

drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000) drummaboyyyy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    For 99% of all lifters strength is size. Meaning the stronger you are they bigger you will be. Lift big, eat big, take sloots to poundtown.
    Phucking true. wish this could be a slogan at the the top of the forum for ever noob to see!
    ☆☆☆¢v¢☆☆☆

GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GymFreak25 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Strength does equal size, however you can choose to emphasize one or the other by adjusting volume and/or rep ranges, using higher rep ranges and more volume in your workout will allow you more hypertrophy at the expense of slower strength progression, whereas using lower rep ranges and less volume in your workout will allow faster strength progression at the expense of less hypertrophy gains, the two extremes for this scenario would be a full body routine(Higher Frequency/Low Volume) and a bro split (Low Frequency/High Volume), so i think the best way to go if your goals are both strength and hypertrophy is somewhere in the middle of both extremes, either an upper/lower, push/pull, or p/p/l split(Moderate Frequency/Moderate Volume).

Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Stinkertonn has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by GymFreak25 View Post
    Strength does equal size, however you can choose to emphasize one or the other by adjusting volume and/or rep ranges, using higher rep ranges and more volume in your workout will allow you more hypertrophy at the expense of slower strength progression, whereas using lower rep ranges and less volume in your workout will allow faster strength progression at the expense of less hypertrophy gains, the two extremes for this scenario would be a full body routine(Higher Frequency/Low Volume) and a bro split (Low Frequency/High Volume), so i think the best way to go if your goals are both strength and hypertrophy is somewhere in the middle of both extremes, either an upper/lower, push/pull, or p/p/l split(Moderate Frequency/Moderate Volume).
    Thanks a lot and thanks for the replies above as well. I'll probably stick with babylovers until I'm not weak as hell or start to plateau and then switch to something else more focused on hypertrophy.