Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Soccerdad5's Journey to PRO Card -- 1st show in 2014 Dallas Europa

I WANT THIS JOURNAL TO BE USEFUL, INSPIRATIONAL AND HELPFUL TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO TRANSFORM THEIR BODY AND HEALTH. THIS IS MY "PURPOSE" IN LIFE TO HELP OTHERS

Goal

I want to get my IFBB pro card in 2014 in the masters class. I will be competing on May 9th and 10th at Dallas Europa. This will be a 6 week journal starting on March 24th (6 weeks out from competition). This is a big show and will help me work out some of the kinks for NPC Masters Championships in Pittsburgh in July.

Background

I am a 43 year old marketing director for a health care company that got out of shape, got depressed and had a low energy level. I have 5 kids so I am a very busy man. I workout early in the mornings and prepare all my food before the week begins. I have challenges like all of us but don't make excuses. I came from an athletic background (played division 1 soccer ) but did not make fitness/health my priority when I took an 8-6 job. My excuse is I traveled a lot and I worked too many hours to put fitness/health as a priority. After my father's health started to deteriorate, I analyzed my own life. I thought if I continue to do what I am doing, I would not be living a good quality of life in my future years enjoyed my kids and someday grand kids. I decided last year to enter the 2012 Dymatize Elite Ambition 12 week challenge as a motivation to get back into shape. I actually won the contest which shocked me. I actually thought there were a lot of better transformations than me but it was a very humbling proud moment and really helped me get where I am today (read the detailed story and my plan here:

Chad Jackson Wins $10,000 2012 BODYBUILDING.COM Elite Ambition Challenge! http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chad...challenge.html

12 WEEK TRANSFORMATION IN THIS PHOTO

Just decided to keep going and since I was getting in good shape I decided to do a photo shoot just so I could go after something. Somebody told me about the Branch Warren Classic and 6 weeks ago I decided to enter it. I entered the Men's Masters Physique class. If you would have told me 2 months before the contest I was going to enter a men's physique contest, I would have thought you were crazy. I did it and ended up 2nd in my class. The crazy thing is after I got second place, some trainer told me backstage that I qualified for nationals and can try to win my pro card within 1 year. It has been a crazy journey but fun.

JOURNAL-DIET & WORKOUT TO FIRST SHOW-- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154807573

The best part about it is knowing I did this "drug free" (no anabolics, pro-hormones, etc). I am on "Team Labrada" here at Bodybuilding.com and have been taking Labrada supplements since November. They have great products.

I competed in the NPC Texas State Championships in October where I finished 3rd in the open class against guys half my age. I was pretty pleased with the performance but knew I needed to put on some added muscle in the off season to compete in a National show.

At the NPC Texas State Championship in October

JOURNAL THREAD 2nd Show - Diet and Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155828683

I have coached myself since October and have added some muscle mass. I am currently 198 lbs and will get down to about 190 in 6 weeks. I will be journaling my diet, workouts and preparation the next 6 weeks for this show.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-19-2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

Reach for your ankles Mundungus's Avatar
    Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mundungus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll see you there! Looks like you know what you're doing! Good luck!
    *SCC*
    *Texas Crew*
    *Ginger Crew*
    *Dad Crew*

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    2rd

Good luck!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In on this for sure! Chad is an inspiration and a true leader! Rooting for you brother!
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in....
    Team General Mills

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking good dude, nice work. Way to turn your life around!

Ever consider doing a natural show since your natural?
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have but my schedule has always conflicted. I might be doing one in Austin at the end of the year. Also I am considering doing Team Universe (I believe this is a natural show). I know the cards will be stacked against me in some of these NPC shows where guys will be using especially guys in the masters class but that is okay, I like to overcome odds
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Looking good dude, nice work. Way to turn your life around!

Ever consider doing a natural show since your natural?

offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) offroadatv200 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    In for fellow mens physique competitor!

Everyone, I will be posting my journal later today. I am asking if you can vote for me in the Who You Mirin? Tournament that Bodybuilding.com is running. I am against a guy who is 18 years younger than me. Help me out with your votes if you can! You have to have a ******** account to vote. Here is the link: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/who-...4&rrid=1334432

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Vote for chad!

You got my vote brother!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

3/24/14—45 Days Out from Contest & Who You Mirin? Contest going on (Vote for me!)

I am actually glad to be posting this journal again. I hope you learn a lot about my preparation for contests with my diet and workouts. I am trying to be ready 1 week ahead of schedule so I am telling myself I have less than 6 weeks to go.

I am currently at 196 and will probably lose about 6-7 more lbs. I am at a great pace and should be able to keep a lot of muscle I put on in the off season. I am doing my own coaching this off season because I want to really become in tune with my body and also want to help others do the same.
    Me from last week (I will take the shirt off this week):

I was on the road all last week so I had to cook and make all of my food for the road. 11 meals and meal replacement packets. I also had client dinners I had to go on. Other than getting sick of eating cold food, I did really well.

I also had to workout in the hotel gym so had to adapt exercises and rep ranges. You can get very creative on a workout with limited amount of equipment and weights.

Workout for Monday:
    Chest/Back, Abs
    Incline DB Bench Press – 4 sets 8-15 reps
    Lat Pulldown – 4 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    Standing Cable Flys – 3 sets 10-15 reps
    T-bar Row – 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    DB Bench Press– 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Close Grip Cable Row – 3 sets 10-15 reps

Superset:
    Decline Hammer Press – 3 sets failure
    Close Grip Pulldown – 3 sets to failure

Abs 3 sets
    Hanging Knee Raises
    Rope Crunch
    Broomstick Twist
    Swiss Ball Crunch

This workout started out good but I didn’t have anything in the tank at the end. I got 5 hours of sleep because I picked up my son at the airport late last night. I will be going to sleep early tonight. I was glad to be working out with my partner today.

I did about 15 minutes of posing in the aerobics room at 24 Hour Fitness. I like to be alone when I am in there but there are usually a few people in there doing stretches or some other exercises. I feel ridiculous posing in the mirror when they are in there. Hopefully I will get over it.

Here is my current supplements I am taking (Labrada HICA Max is not currently pictured). I am also taking a BB.com creatine that I had a ton of. This has lasted forever so I will continue to take it :

DIET
    Before workout
    2 Labrada HICA MAX Tablets
    1 quart of water
    2 scoops of Labrada Super Charge
    1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
    6 Labrada Sorenzyme pills on empty stomach (I have been taking another brand for a year but switched once I found out Labrada had these. Labrada is way ahead on stuff. .The only thing I have changed is this so I really believe it is working.)

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    1 Cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
    Supplements after meal 1
    2,000 mg Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D 4,000 IU (am going to increase this), Glucosamine Chondroiton, Zinc, and 2,000 mg Omega 3 Fish Oil

Only thing not pictured is Labrada HICA Max

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    1.5 tbsp of almond butter
    Meal 3
    5oz Ground turkey in taco seasoning
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

[b]Meal 5[b]
    5 oz chicken breast
    2 cups of mixed vegetables
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    ½ tsp of coconut oil

Meal 5
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1.5 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 3,058
    Carbs: 308 g
    Protein: 311 g
    Fats: 64 g

I was doing a 45%C/45%P/10%F diet for 4 weeks then this week went back 40%C/40%P/20%F and the fat is melting off. It has been a good transition and will have to remember this 6 weeks out of next show.

I am truly blessed to be doing what I am doing. I love to help inspire and encourage people to make transformations (whether it be spiritual, physical or mental). BodySpace and BB.com is a great place to get this kind of encouragement and find out what people are doing to be successful.

I want to share my knowledge to show it can be done and it can be done “drug free.” My goal is to get my pro card this year but my ultimate goal is to help as many people on the journey as I can.

ONE TIP TODAY: One of the keys to my success is to make sure I cook all my meals before the week begins. Yes, it takes 2-3 hours to do it (I can do it in 2 hours now) but it will keep you on track and help you meet your physique and health goals.

Remember to vote for me in the Who You Mirin Contest TODAY! -
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/who-...4&rrid=1334432

You can follow me at:

Instagram: @chadjacksonfit
    www.chadjackson.com/chadjacksonfitness.com
    *****://twitter.com/chadjacksonfit
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.

jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyboy44 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looking forward to following your comp prep, not something I will ever do. Most interested in your diet, Loosing weight on 3000 cals,? Do you do cardio to, and will this change you get closer to comp.
    My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148017503&welcome=true
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jonthetrain

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    In - very cool to read as I find great inspiration from others who have also found a way to balance it all . I'll swing by FB today to vote also.

Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    ONE TIP TODAY: One of the keys to my success is to make sure I cook all my meals before the week begins. Yes, it takes 2-3 hours to do it (I can do it in 2 hours now) but it will keep you on track and help you meet your physique and health goals.
    Agree 100% with this ^^^ I get a zillion questions about how to 'keep healthy' and 'eat well' (amazing how contest prep brings so many out of the woodwork?) but your tip above is really the only tip I share with those who are interested enough to ask.

Have a great day,
    CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chrismac365 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great before and after pics.
    CEO at BPI Sports
    InstaGram @chrismac_365

Awesome. Diet is so important. My first competition I was in the 2000 cal range. The second one I was in the 2700 cal range. I don't do a lot of cardio. In 6 weeks my diet should be in the 2,700 range.
    Originally Posted by jonnyboy44 View Post
    looking forward to following your comp prep, not something I will ever do. Most interested in your diet, Loosing weight on 3000 cals,? Do you do cardio to, and will this change you get closer to comp.
    Thanks for following. Balance is tough but so sleep is the first thing that goes I can sleep when I am dead.
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    In - very cool to read as I find great inspiration from others who have also found a way to balance it all . I'll swing by FB today to vote also.

Agree 100% with this ^^^ I get a zillion questions about how to 'keep healthy' and 'eat well' (amazing how contest prep brings so many out of the woodwork?) but your tip above is really the only tip I share with those who are interested enough to ask.

Have a great day,
    CC
    Thanks. I looked at your story and you have a great one. A natural in your 40's. I can learn a lot from you.

Originally Posted by chrismac365 View Post
    great before and after pics.

brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Voted for you today... Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out at Europa. I live in the area so I am going to head over there.

Deano59 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am in

I will be there to support and encourage you, take care Dean

3/25/14—44 Days Out from Contest & Who you Mirin Contest Over for Cinderella Story

I went up a bit in weight from yesterday (weighed in at 199 – 3 lb gain) but ate 3 cups of Cherrios I was not supposed to eat. I am usually very good about these things but I was at work late and didn’t have my dinner with me. Oh well, I will weigh in tomorrow and see if it comes off. I had a great intense workout this morning so definitely had some glycogen in the muscles.
    I am not going to the next round in the Who You Mirin? Tournament. I got beaten by a 25 year old guy tommydelauer who has an amazing physique. He is in between a bodybuilding and physique competitor. Ripped to shreds. I hope he does well the rest of the way.
    Kudos to my “friends” on BodySpace. They supported me amazingly! I even had one of my “friends” reactivate her ******** account (when you had to vote using ******** early in the contest) just to vote for me. I want to help as many people as possible on their journey of transformation. I have had a lot of people say I have inspired them but TODAY they have inspired me.

I am still on course with my diet. I usually cook on Sundays and cook all my meals. It takes me about 2 hours to cook everything now. I have it down pretty well after 2 years of cooking. Here is what I typically eat during the day and I will mix the meats from turkey and chicken.

I had a great very fast intense workout this morning so definitely had some glycogen in the muscles. Great pump in my arms and shoulders after doing a shoulder and arm workout.

Workout today:

Delts/Traps/Arms
    Arnold DB Military Press – 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Cable Raise – 3 Set 8-12 reps
    Bent over DB Lateral– 5 sets 10-15
    Front Raise – 3 sets 10-15
    Upright Row (wide grip) – 3 sets 10-12
    Superset:
    Skull Crushers – 3 sets 8-14
    Barbell Curl – 3 sets 8-12
    Superset:
    Weighted Dips – 3 sets to failure
    Incline DB Curl – 3 sets 8-12
    Superset:
    Rope Extension – 3 sets 12-15
    Concentrated Curl – 10-15
    3 sets 3 ab exercises in 12-25 rep range

DIET

Before workout
    1 quart of water
    6 Labrada Sorenzyme pills on empty stomach (I have been taking another brand for a year but switched once I found out Labrada had these. Labrada is way ahead on stuff. .The only thing I have changed is this so I really believe it is working.)

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine
    Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1
    2,000 mg Vitamin C, Multi-Vitamins, Vitamin D 4,000 IU (am going to increase this), Glucosamine Chondroiton, Zinc, and 2,000 mg Omega 3 Fish Oil

Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 3
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz lean roast
    2 cups of mixed vegetables

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1.5 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 cup of oatmeal

I started to tan tonight to get bit of a base tan before doing the spray tan before contest. I came in way too dark my last show and will tone it down a lot. I will have to start shaving every week so my skin gets used to it. My wife hates it when I shave. She hates the look.

TIP OF THE DAY: If you have only 30 -45 min to workout, you can get an amazing workout in this time frame if you don’t rest. Great pump as well as great cardio workout. Just because you are pressed for time, doesn’t mean you can’t get in a workout somewhere at some time.
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 03-26-2014 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Typo

klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) klhowell2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    *waves* Hey Chad!!! Happy to see you on here!! Keep up the good work!!!

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in for sure!!!!

you are actually the first person to truly inspire me to get this done! especially on the food prep! If I can make HALF the progress you did in 18 months, i will be one happy camper. Not comparing myself to you, nor competing with you hahaha (i'd lose) , just motivated by you.

I have a long way to go, but definitely getting there with consistency!!!!

thanks a ton for your help so far.

Thanks! Everyone make sure you vote for Kate in the Who You Mirin Tournament. Voting ends at 1 pm MST http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/who-you-mirin.html
    Originally Posted by klhowell2 View Post
    Thanks for the kinds words. I have learned a lot on BB.com from others and wanted to share my "knowledge" with others. It isn't easy to make total transformation but it is worth it!
    Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post
    in for sure!!!!

you are actually the first person to truly inspire me to get this done! especially on the food prep! If I can make HALF the progress you did in 18 months, i will be one happy camper. Not comparing myself to you, nor competing with you hahaha (i'd lose) , just motivated by you.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking like a beast in that pic! I like how your log is very detailed man, keep it up.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is all your food weighed after cooked?
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166196451

Thanks Kate. Congrats on making it to the final 16 in the Who You Mirin? Tournament. Great accomplishment
    Originally Posted by klhowell2 View Post
    Love to hear it! You can make tremendous progress if you get the diet in check.
    Originally Posted by hmmmm16417 View Post
    in for sure!!!!

Thank you very much from a person who has an amazing physique!
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Looking like a beast in that pic! I like how your log is very detailed man, keep it up.
    All my food is weighed after it is cooked. Don't get too hung up on that piece just make sure it is consistent (you are doing it before or after cooked all the time)
    Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Is all your food weighed after cooked?

I can vouch first hand that SoccerDad5 eats the way he preaches.

Had the pleasure of Chad stopping by the office to have lunch with the Labrada team today.

He's kicking it up a gear. Everyone in the Masters class better WATCH OUT!!!

fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fast00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In for support along your journey brother

Thanks brothers! Chuck, I actually want to take it to the "youngsters" in the open class too. I finished 3rd against guys that were almost half my age in the open class at the Texas State Championships. Age is just a number....remember that

Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    I can vouch first hand that SoccerDad5 eats the way he preaches.

Had the pleasure of Chad stopping by the office to have lunch with the Labrada team today.

He's kicking it up a gear. Everyone in the Masters class better WATCH OUT!!!
    Originally Posted by fast00 View Post
    In for support along your journey brother

3/25/14—43 Days Out from Contest & You can’t Spell Legendary without Leg Day

My wife was sick this morning and I had a very early meeting at the office so had to workout in the afternoon today at my neighborhood gym. Wow, was it ever crowded. I had a really intense workout and was sweating like crazy. One of those leg workouts where you had a tough time walking to the car and going up the stairs an hour later. I will be sore tomorrow. Will be popping some extra Labrada Sorenzymes tonight.

Diet was good today. Looking in the mirror and starting to look tighter. I am pleased with where things are going. People can’t believe I am 6 weeks out and at 3,100 calories. It is crazy but my discipline around my diet has helped me get there. I been increasing my calories over time.

Workout today:
    Wednesday: Quads/Hamstring/Abs
    Stiff Legged Deadlift – 3 sets 8-12
    Back Squat – 3 sets 12-20
    Standing Leg Curl – 3 sets 10-15
    Leg Press (performed slow) 3 sets 10-15
    Lying Leg Curl 5 drops sets each to failure
    Leg Extensions – 5 drop sets each to failure
    Calves too sore so didn’t do them

DIET

Before workout

1 quart of water

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    5 g of creatine
    Meal 1 (after workout)
    Supplements after meal 1
    Meal 2
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 3
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans
    Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    ¾ cup of Basmati Rice
    ½ cup of green beans

Meal 5
    5 oz meatballs
    6 oz of cooked spaghetti
    Meal 6
    5 oz of turkey
    ½ cup of rice
    1 cup of Cherrios

TIP OF THE DAY: If you want to make your chicken quick, moist and tasty get a crock pot. Crock pot takes any where from 4-8 hours but all you do is throw some marinade in there with chicken ( it can be anything, chicken broth, spices, salsa etc) and walk away. I put my chicken in on Saturday night and Sunday morning it is ready. I used to grill or put it in the oven. I don’t do that anymore.

DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DebiLynn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry to hear that your wife is sick. Hope she feels better soon. Wow, 5 kids, I'm sure that keeps the two of you busy. It's amazing that you're able to be as dedicated as you are. You're lucky that your wife supports you in this, does she also workout? Thanks for sharing so much about your life with everyone.

I like the idea of throwing a whole chicken into the crock pot. I never would have thought of it. We always put ours into our rotisserie. We inject it with a marinade for flavor and like the taste but, for something different, I'm willing to try it.
    01/02/2019 Starting weight: 221.5 lbs

11/01/2019 Weight: 161.4 lbs. Lost 60.1 lbs

03/06/2020 Weight: 151.2 lbs. Lost 70.3 lbs

Goal Weight: 136.5 lbs