Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    If it is the only gym in the area, that is one thing. Just because it is 10.0 a month is no excuse to frequent the place.
    But but but, they have pizza 4 times a month as well as unlimited Tootsie Rolls, those are reason enough to join as I can easily eat way more than $10 in pizza.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    But but but, they have pizza 4 times a month as well as unlimited Tootsie Rolls, those are reason enough to join as I can easily eat way more than $10 in pizza.

Well hell, forget what I said. Where do I sign up.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dencio View Post
    your avi looks like a serious fitness minded person...keep up the good work may it be in PF///Golds///in your basement or in the public park...
    Thanks. And actually, the pic that you see in my AVI...well it was a pic from 2012 and that body was built thru weight lifting at a PF. Granted, last March I did join another gym since PF is too crowded except late at night, but I still go there at least 1-2 times a week. And there are other people that go there that do take their lifting very seriously. Maybe I'm spoiled cause the late night hours I go have more of the "serious" lifters because the other gyms in the area are closed at that time.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

noahb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up amen!

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    I love Planet Fitness and actually appreciate what they bring to the table..

They keep a lot of the dopes out of my gym...thank you Planet Fitness!
    Couldn't agree more, just wished there was one near my place when the resolutioners show up in Jan!

Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Artemis00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Never had their pizza. Personally I doubt it has enough cheese on it for my liking. But they have a grape flavored type of tootsie roll that I absolutely love although only partake of occasionally.

I did go there last night and chatted with a few of the people that work there. Turns out there has already been a bit of fall out within their own organization due to the article. The one girl stated that she saw a notice that they were no longer allowed to enforce the dress code policy due to this story coming out. She even took advantage of it the other day by wearing a sports bra while working out. Besides, she mentioned the fact that if they are going to have a dress code, they should focus more on the bootie shorts that some women wear there rather than the sports bras. Cause there seems to be more fabric with a small sports bra than some of the shorts girls will wear there.
    Workout Log / Chat thread...Embrace the Dragon: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169711903

"If you truly seek understanding, then first, empty your cup!" – Unknown

*** Squat Quitter Crew ***
    *** Dragon Flags Crew ***

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dpguy View Post
    I've never been to a Planet Fitness, but my impression is that that none of them have ever had squat racks- not ever.

I thought it was just treadmills, weight machines, smith machines, and maybe ellipticals.

Oh and dumbells that go up to 70 lbs lol.
    That's how I remember the one where I live. I signed up before I knew what it was... what could $10/mo hurt, right? I worked out there once and never went back. There was no way I was ever going to get stronger there.

GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GKC45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I want to join just for the tanning.
    Just show up. Move some iron. Put in the time. Eat enough food.

All about some GAINZ! IIISpartacusIII's Avatar
    IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IIISpartacusIII is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by highiso View Post
    Started there when i was fat, leaned out, looked like i worked out, got the stink eye for squatting in the squat rack.
    I'm having a tough time believing that a Planet Fitness had a squat rack, however... clearly the squat rack is a great place for some crunches which should be done while under the professional eye of a certified trainer so as to avoid injury.
    "I was laying in bed one night and I thought ‘I’ll just quit — to hell with it.’ And another little voice inside me said ‘Don’t quit — save that tiny little ember of spark.’ And never give them that spark because as long as you have that spark, you can start the greatest fire again.”

- Charles Bukowski (1920-1994)

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    In post #44 kimm4 said it happened to her.

Look, I put off joining a gym for years because I was intimidated and didn't think it was a place for an out of shape person like me. Once I actually started doing it I quickly realized how ridiculous I had been. I'm so thankful that I had a trainer that pushed me past my comfort level, not set off an alarm if I acted like a "lunk". If PF works for your fitness requirements more power to you. However, you can't honestly be expect that many on a bodybuilding website are going to be thrilled about a gym chain that operates in this manner.

Fun fact: they hand out a million tootsie rolls a month!
    rep'd... What PF is doing is really ingenious. Where else can you charge $10/mo for a service that most of your patrons are never going to come to, except for on pizza night? Touche PF.... touche...

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    In post #44 kimm4 said it happened to her.

Look, I put off joining a gym for years because I was intimidated and didn't think it was a place for an out of shape person like me. Once I actually started doing it I quickly realized how ridiculous I had been. I'm so thankful that I had a trainer that pushed me past my comfort level, not set off an alarm if I acted like a "lunk". If PF works for your fitness requirements more power to you. However, you can't honestly be expect that many on a bodybuilding website are going to be thrilled about a gym chain that operates in this manner.

Fun fact: they hand out a million tootsie rolls a month!
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    The funny thing is that this is a HUGE misconception of 'real gyms'. People who never went or are starting to go think that everyone is judging them and whatever...that reality is that no one in the gym, aside from the trainer you might have hired, no one give 2 chits about what you are doing or how you are training.

What most noobs fail to grasp is that them huge dudes squatting and deadlifting lots of weight...got that way over years of hard work and consistent training and were once small and scrawny/fat like you might be. And the majority of them, if asked, would be more than willing to help out a new member.
    ^^^This. I'm always trying to help people out and I even ask questions to guys that are doing things that I want to learn how to do. Everyone is always accepting and looking to help. I never had a problem, even when I wasn't as fit as I am now. I think a lot of it boils down to confidence. There are a lot of people lacking in that area and PF fits them perfectly. I've always held my chin high and I've never been the biggest guy in the gym (some nights I am - lol), but I know if I'm working hard everyone is going to respect that.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Into epic thread!!

Personally, I won't join one because they don't offer the type of training I do, Olympic weightlifting. Also, I have a fundamental disagreement with their campaign of not being judgmental, and then turning around and judging lifters by classifying them into specific genres. Just my thoughts, but it's fun to read all the crap they spout!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000)
    The way I see it, people need to get over their fear of being intimidated in the gym and grow a pair....I was 395lbs when I joined my gym in the summer of 2008, and it is one that has been mostly bodybuilding, powerlifting, and more recently since new ownership, Crossfit. If anyone should have worried about setting foot in that gym, it should have been me. Nearly six years later and I am deadlifting stuff heavier than me, jumping on things (yes, after being nearly 500 lbs at one time, I love to jump, haha!), tire flipping, and all kinds of stuff I could not have imagined, and am glad still to see someone fresh from the beginning come in to do something. I think I should be proud that I would not be welcome at PF, haha. If lifting heavy and doing Crossfit type exercises (don't hate....I am not a Crossfitter....I just do some of the same stuff....snatch, box jumps, tire flips, kbs, etc....I don't do them for time) makes me a lunk, so be it.

deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deaconcombs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just joined because it is close to my house. The 1st thing I was told was that I cant carry my gallon of water around? There are no benches or squat racks just smith machines so when I tried to squat over 250 pounds I was told I shouldnt use that much weight, back day since there are no free bars I tried to do rack pulls on the smith NOPE ,then I carry a belt to add plates to when I do pullups NOPE, Its a joke when I see people that are in great shape it motivates me its a shame our country is this way ur forced to walk on egg shells its a joke. Most are like sheep just follow. Ive got a few friends coming in town next week that compete so I figure we will all go in there and train and see how they like seeing all of us over 250pounds each really hitting the iron

Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Never had their pizza. Personally I doubt it has enough cheese on it for my liking. But they have a grape flavored type of tootsie roll that I absolutely love although only partake of occasionally.

I did go there last night and chatted with a few of the people that work there. Turns out there has already been a bit of fall out within their own organization due to the article. The one girl stated that she saw a notice that they were no longer allowed to enforce the dress code policy due to this story coming out. She even took advantage of it the other day by wearing a sports bra while working out. Besides, she mentioned the fact that if they are going to have a dress code, they should focus more on the bootie shorts that some women wear there rather than the sports bras. Cause there seems to be more fabric with a small sports bra than some of the shorts girls will wear there.
    Too much Bootie shorts wearin'? They can kick all the bootie shorts wearers out... all the way to my gym.
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    -Twain

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Artemis00 View Post
    Thanks. And actually, the pic that you see in my AVI...well it was a pic from 2012 and that body was built thru weight lifting at a PF. Granted, last March I did join another gym since PF is too crowded except late at night, but I still go there at least 1-2 times a week. And there are other people that go there that do take their lifting very seriously. Maybe I'm spoiled cause the late night hours I go have more of the "serious" lifters because the other gyms in the area are closed at that time.
    Obviously some PFs are more welcoming to those who are serious about getting into shape than are others. I shouldn't bee too critical of PF since one of my friends here goes to PF and has done a damn good of it. But he and you seem to be the exceptions.

Originally Posted by IIISpartacusIII View Post
    I'm having a tough time believing that a Planet Fitness had a squat rack, however... clearly the squat rack is a great place for some crunches which should be done while under the professional eye of a certified trainer so as to avoid injury.
    There was a guy two days ago curling in the incline bench, and would sit facing the bar between sets. He was there again today. I would have told him we have squat racks for that, but I was squatting in one and someone else in the other.

Originally Posted by igsm1969 View Post
    The way I see it, people need to get over their fear of being intimidated in the gym and grow a pair....I was 395lbs when I joined my gym in the summer of 2008, and it is one that has been mostly bodybuilding, powerlifting, and more recently since new ownership, Crossfit. If anyone should have worried about setting foot in that gym, it should have been me. Nearly six years later and I am deadlifting stuff heavier than me, jumping on things (yes, after being nearly 500 lbs at one time, I love to jump, haha!), tire flipping, and all kinds of stuff I could not have imagined, and am glad still to see someone fresh from the beginning come in to do something. I think I should be proud that I would not be welcome at PF, haha. If lifting heavy and doing Crossfit type exercises (don't hate....I am not a Crossfitter....I just do some of the same stuff....snatch, box jumps, tire flips, kbs, etc....I don't do them for time) makes me a lunk, so be it.
    I agree, but years of insecurity are hard to overcome. I know how hard it was for me even walk in the front door. But after a day or two I was fine. You have done an amazing job in your fitness journey. But weren't you a bit intimidated on your first time?
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000) rawelite is just really nice. (+1000)
    i train at a PF all the time. i get some of my best deadlift and squat sessions there. My PF even has a mono lift and an awesome deadlifting platform. here's a vid from my last deadlift session. no lunk alarm was set off. We are are very careful to place the bars softly on the ground after every rep as well.

My very own Planet FREAKness. Nothing but Judgement zone
    Stupid should be painful.

Best lifts-

Raw squat-705
    Raw bench-525
    Raw deadlift-710

BW-235

igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks!

I had just a bit of fear of what people would think of me, still quite large, but wanted this so bad that I decided not to worry what people thought. My desire to overcome obesity was greater than my insecurity. I learned very quickly that most people think it is a good thing to make efforts to better ourselves. I did deal with a very arrogant powerlifter turned figure competitor who had Layne Norton as her coach. She was always saying negative things in earshot, especially about my first trainer. Her husband was a pain too. He could be real nice, but act real intimidating when she was around. In the middle of a session with my second trainer, she literally got in my face and yelled, "I AM PRAYING FOR YOU!! YOU CALLED ME AND MY WIFE HYPOCRITES!!" I told him if that were true, I would not say it behind their backs but to their face so as not to leave doubts. This all started to happen when my local paper did the first write-up about me when I had lost 184 lbs (and was still quite large). I had to go to the gym every day hearing her make comments about certain things I was doing or the training my trainers were putting me through (the first one, she was correct....he was old-school bodybuilder who was and still is big on broscience, but the second one took me to a new level of fitness and even more weight loss). I got through that. Most people could tune that out, but she is a loud mouth, haha! They no longer are there, thank God!

Hilarious though when she took it upon herself to put all her awards for figure on the front desk....my 2nd article about my transformation came out just about the time of her show, front page, full-color....headline big and reserved usually for breaking news....the manager of the gym put my article next her her plaques and people would glance a teensy bit at her stuff, then actually stop, take the time to read, and then sign congratulatory notes next to my article. Pissed her off.

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Obviously some PFs are more welcoming to those who are serious about getting into shape than are others. I shouldn't bee too critical of PF since one of my friends here goes to PF and has done a damn good of it. But he and you seem to be the exceptions.

There was a guy two days ago curling in the incline bench, and would sit facing the bar between sets. He was there again today. I would have told him we have squat racks for that, but I was squatting in one and someone else in the other.

I agree, but years of insecurity are hard to overcome. I know how hard it was for me even walk in the front door. But after a day or two I was fine. You have done an amazing job in your fitness journey. But weren't you a bit intimidated on your first time?

Can't do this at Planet Fatness! :D

Just warmin' up! Otherwise, I do 12 reps, breathe, breathe, two more.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hilarious though when she took it upon herself to put all her awards for figure on the front desk....my 2nd article about my transformation came out just about the time of her show, front page, full-color....headline big and reserved usually for breaking news....the manager of the gym put my article next her her plaques and people would glance a teensy bit at her stuff, then actually stop, take the time to read, and then sign congratulatory notes next to my article. Pissed her off.
    The sweetest revenge - and you didn't have to do a thing for it!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

Yes, and the eyerolls people would give when she spoke and bragged about herself were priceless: "50 never tasted sooo good!" When she and I were still just barely speaking, I mentioned that I would need some kind of skin removal surgery and she said, "OH! I knew a girl who had that. Everything went fine....she was fine for awhile and then out of the blue she died!" I had the surgery in 2010 and I am still kickin'. ;D

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    The sweetest revenge - and you didn't have to do a thing for it!

proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proverbswoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just joined PF 1 week ago because of location, price, and if I move I can take it with me. I'm new to lifting weights so for right now it meets my needs. At my home location, it's a melting pot of people; all ages, races, and body shapes. So far, the members and staff are very helpful and courteous, and I hope that doesn't change.

Right now, for all my goals, intents, and purposes it's working out well. I am not very strong yet but determined to improve. No desire to compete but I do have specific goals of how I want to transform my body.

The day I signed up, I did chuckle when I saw the Tootsie Roll bucket and the pizza night flyers. I thought...now why would I want to do all of this work and ruin it, especially at the very place I work out?
    No matter where you are, start somewhere. Be consistent and diligent.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just warmin' up! Otherwise, I do 12 reps, breathe, breathe, two more.

Very nice

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am upset that I have nothing to add to this thread. Never been to a Planet Fitness. Never spoken with anyone about their experiences at one.

The next time I drive by one, it is imperative that I go in.

Thanks! These are my favorite!

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Very nice

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For ten bucks a month i would join one as a back up gym if they had one by me.

Honestly though i dont think they will be around for too long

anonymous
    24 hour's Costco deal works out at about $15 a month for the basic clubs, yes you need to pay in advance, but I don't get why anyone even remotely serious about getting in shape would use a PF. It's gone way beyond beating a dead horse to outright bafflement at why people bother complaining about that chain.

It's like me going into Curves and expecting them to cater to my needs

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    24 hour's Costco deal works out at about $15 a month for the basic clubs, yes you need to pay in advance, but I don't get why anyone even remotely serious about getting in shape would use a PF. It's gone way beyond beating a dead horse to outright bafflement at why people bother complaining about that chain.

It's like me going into Curves and expecting them to cater to my needs

I think the 24 hour places are the wave of the future. I wish the anytime was closer to me

Okay, someone here mentioned something about tank bras being in violation at PF but booty shorts are not....speaking of booty shorts, this woman was wearing some today. My friend who trains and works the counter at the gym and I stopped to watch her add more and more weight to her squats (knee bends, really) and nearly snap her chit up doing "deadlifts" with the regular plates instead of the bumpers (and was slamming each rep....owner would have had a fit!)....she just kept adding more and more weight. Her starting position was good. I mean, it appeared that it was set up for some good form. Her hips were back, chest up, everything looked lined up, until she extended her legs and then did each rep with her back arched. I told my friend, "People of Walmart has come to our gym", haha! I so wanted to offer help, but I cannot be "one of those guys" who does that. Some just don't want help.

Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000) Silentpoet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Basically they are the anti Zuvers or anti westside. Not my cup of tea.

cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cr357 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No complaints here about PF, been there for 4 yrs.. It's 24hrs., I show up at 2am to 5 people to which 2 are employees. Squat, DL, and whatever else I want with no one in my way. It's not the gym but what you do with the tools they have.
    PWO:
    SAN CM2 Nitrate
    ProLab caffeine (200mg)
    Headphones/ Action Bronson