aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19 aznjason19

How to schedule split during Ed Coan Deadlift Routine?

I've recently taken a huge interest in powerlifting-style training. Having trained more like a "bro" or a bodybuilder for the past 4 years I'm pretty new to all of this.

I'd really like to bring my bench, squat, deadlift and military press up but my main focus is the deadlift and better back development. I've always hated taking rest days and I enjoy hitting every muscle group a couple times a week but I realize that with the new style of training I've adopted I may not be able to do that.

Advice on how to arrange my split would be greatly appreciated!

Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your programming like right now? How is it working? Best case scenario, we keep the jist of your current model, assuming it works, and fit the deadlift programming within it.

lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lancs_hotpot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had the same problem so i switched from training everything 3x a week to 2. Squats presses and tris monday deadlift back and bis tuesday wed off and repeat. The second back day i did just speed deads for sets of 1-3 raising the weight slowly everyweek like the coan program says for deadlift but never exceeding 60%of my max so as not to interfere with the heavy deadlift day. I only did a 5 week cycle with it and put 10kg on my deadlift, try it its really good. Btw i did the basic ed coan linear template not the high volume one with added speed sets.
    Last edited by lancs_hotpot; 03-19-2014 at 05:35 AM.