Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Christians, how do you choose what parts of the Bible to take literally?

I never understood this

Originally Posted by Carter770 View Post

Who said that for one to exist the other cannot? If anything, it validates us Catholics and whoever else that was saying for the last 50-100 years that God "pushed the button" on the Big Bang and have been saying since forever that the Bible isn't supposed to be literally interpreted.
    How do you choose what parts are to be literally interpreted or not? Doesn't the whole thing fall apart when you take a piece of it out?

and I feel like only Christians do this, you never see other religions compromising their faith, they believe in all of it no matter how ridiculous it sounds.
    Jekyll Jekyll Hyde, Jekyll Hyde, Hyde, Jekyll!

KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000) KizzaK is just really nice. (+1000)
    only Christians do this? You need to get out more

ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What do you mean parts?

It's all true(srs). I'm Christian.

blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blckndyllw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KizzaK View Post
    only Christians do this? You need to get out more
    I feel like they do, other religious people just change the subject or attack you

but Christians, some not all, are the one who say its not supposed to be taken literally when they see a part they don't agree with.

NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYCLegend21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Religion is for simple minded people who need some sort of purpose in life. If believe anything the bible says you can believe anything. LOL

aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aesthetique is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    the bible was written in a time where there was virtually no understanding of science or medicine.

It was meant to be taken literally.

/thread
    Rest In Peace Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian

Originally Posted by ProteinEnough View Post
    What do you mean parts?

Read the op, some Christians believe certain parts aren't supposed to be taken literally and usually these are the more ridiculous parts.

Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mateoz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by aesthetique View Post
    the bible was written in a time where there was virtually no understanding of science or medicine.

/thread
    This.

kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kkBRB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

/thread
    This.

Just like religion, science is only valid when you pick and choose the parts that suit you. /sarcasm
    Leather jacket crew
    Pink skateboard crew

**Cryptocurrency crew - disregard dollars, acquire bitcoin**
    16r6AWYiByT6tCCv11st3UQcdmiaFP352g

Former manlet - now 5'11

/thread
    I agree. I don't understand how Christians can say it wasn't, like why do you believe in it then?

IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What do you mean parts?

If you believe in a virgin birth, a talking snake, Jesus (who didn't exist, story stolen from 6 different religions) can walk on water, I got bad news for you man. God is a jealous God who loves all of us yet will burn us in hell for all of eternity for committing sins (which everyone does) yet he loves us all. And lets not forget about the story of the guy who lived in the whale or that the Earth is 5000 years old.

In before I get mass negged for stating facts.
    -Miscs from phone 99% of time.

Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kodiak26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never agreed with the no sex b4 marriage thing..think it was mistranslated/made up. I see this as the one most Christians avoid.

AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500) AussieJuNior is not very helpful. (-500)
    Some of the stories are more or less meant to be taken as metaphors or whatnot. The old testament for example is filled with stories, most of which I believe may have happened BUT are over exaggerated. E.g. Noah's ark - many other cultures described such an event happening, but they all vary on the extent and severity. I am a Christian and have a strong faith in God, but I think as a human being, you must also be open minded and learn to explore the wonders of science and sometimes you have to compromise certain elements of your belief to do so. Either way, I don't think anything that we believe, whether it be religion through texts, or even science is going to be 100% from the beginning and as we develop as humans we must use our own experiences to find what we truly believe to have happened.
    element9876:
    "If you compete in Natural Shows where they urine and blood test you it makes you natty"

bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bnp369 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I believe the Christians who say only some parts of the Bible are to be taken literally are complacent in their faith. Only believing parts of the Bible requires less faith and is easier, but believing that God can do everything he says he can requires much faith.

I personally believe and know that every word in the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and is to be taken literal (within context). For example in Matthew 5:20, Jesus says that if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off. By no means does Jesus want us to mutilate ourselves.. He wants us to abstain from the things in life that cause us to sin.

God speaks metaphorically and literally. You have to know Him personally to know the difference.

Alpha As Fuking Fuk bigdogfarmhand's Avatar
    bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigdogfarmhand has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't want to get in to a bible battle on here. So responses to lure me to will end in vain

But my opinion is the 100% of the bible is the word of god and I believe all of it 100% with all my heart.

If there are Christians out there picking and choosing they are wrong.

Leave it to a human to try to use their will and understanding to define god.

We only understand what god lets us.

That why I will never care what any one says about the bible.

I read it and ask god for understanding.
    Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.

JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000)
    to understand the bible you have to look at it as a whole. not just bits on pieces of what you think you should do.
    if one does this, they would understand that there were different dispensational periods in the bible with different generations of people. and different covenants that were specific for those people.
    for example, the full ten commandments were given to the jews ONLY
    and when you come back to the new testament ,coming down to where Jesus was dealing with the gentiles (basically anyone who is not a jew ) a man asked him how he would be able to see the kingdom of heaven. jesus quoted specific commandments which basically were Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. the man said he had done all these since he was a boy and then jesus told him to sell all he had and join him but the man did not because he was rich... but the whole point of that part was that he also expects charity..

uh...
    cliffs
    try to read and look at the bible as a whole
    certain stuff applies to certain people while other would not.

sorry for not quoting exact scripture here... my kindle is out of arms reach and im feeling lazy

glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) glossin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I take most of it as ambiguous; Christians that take it all literal rustle my jim jams with their overly rigid interpretations of the bible

flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by IRockNikes View Post
    If you believe in a virgin birth, a talking snake, Jesus (who didn't exist, story stolen from 6 different religions) can walk on water, I got bad news for you man. God is a jealous God who loves all of us yet will burn us in hell for all of eternity for committing sins (which everyone does) yet he loves us all. And lets not forget about the story of the guy who lived in the whale or that the Earth is 5000 years old.

Lol at Jesus never existing. Brb denying historical fact.

Full potato
    "If you come at the king, you best not miss"
    -Omar Little

ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ausman! is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by IRockNikes View Post
    Jesus (who didn't exist, story stolen from 6 different religions) can walk on water, I got bad news for you man.
    Not religious here but its widely accepted that jesus did exist.

JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000) JohanXDash is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This^
    i mean, there are even scientists that have allegedly found the cloth he was wrapped in and did a facial imprint scan based and sciency type schit

and with taht, i am excusing myself from this thread because of A$$holes that may come through and start a religion Vs atheism/Scientology/whatever else war.

a dude asked a question and persons answered.
    im glad i could have given my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by AussieJuNior View Post
    Some of the stories are more or less meant to be taken as metaphors or whatnot. The old testament for example is filled with stories, most of which I believe may have happened BUT are over exaggerated. E.g. Noah's ark - many other cultures described such an event happening, but they all vary on the extent and severity. I am a Christian and have a strong faith in God, but I think as a human being, you must also be open minded and learn to explore the wonders of science and sometimes you have to compromise certain elements of your belief to do so. Either way, I don't think anything that we believe, whether it be religion through texts, or even science is going to be 100% from the beginning and as we develop as humans we must use our own experiences to find what we truly believe to have happened.
    Problem is certain parts of Genesis relate to certain parts of the New Testament, so if you don't believe in one part literally the other parts can't be true either.

ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProteinEnough has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ausman! View Post
    Not religious here but its widely accepted that jesus did exist.
    Umm yes He does.

Originally Posted by JohanXDash View Post
    This^
    i mean, there are even scientists that have allegedly found the cloth he was wrapped in and did a facial imprint scan based and sciency type schit
    "scientists" will say anything to get their name published. Usually it's a bunch of bs.

flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) flexnation is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Umm yes He does.

"scientists" will say anything to get their name published. Usually it's a bunch of bs.
    what does this response even mean?
    "If you come at the king, you best not miss"
    -Omar Little

Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mateoz View Post
    Religion is for simple minded people who need some sort of purpose in life. If believe anything the bible says you can believe anything. LOL
    Just lol @ internet atheists. umad ur the minority?

mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mgsx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigdogfarmhand View Post
    But my opinion is the 100% of the bible is the word of god and I believe all of it 100% with all my heart.
    This is fine, when talking about what's going to happen when we die, or future events like the rapture and such.

But the problem is, when you look at the PAST, and what the bible says about our history, it claims things that simply cannot be true. Age of the universe/earth, Noah's Ark and the worldwide flood, etc. So basically, Christians must either A.) admit that those things are simply metaphors / stories, or B.) be completely blind to the scientific advancements we've made in the past several centuries.

P.S. I'm not trying to lure or argue. Many of my family members are devout Christians, and I was raised as one also.
    Misc Cologne Crew
    Misc Wristwatch Crew

FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100) FightingBlood is not very well liked. (-100)
    There are parts of the bible that are called the poetics and most of the time you shouldn't take those literally. In the New Testament (the gospel to be more specific) there are a lot of parables, but it is easy to tell Jesus was telling a parable, not being literall. Hope that's helps a little bro
    ~*~ Jason Genova Crew~*~
    Not in the A.M. bro

Hanging by a thread Changedmalife's Avatar
    Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Changedmalife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by flexnation View Post
    Lol at Jesus never existing. Brb denying historical fact.

Full potato
    qoutes bible verse under username rom 1:18
    You sit went full potatoes
    Thread: **-=OFFICIAL=-** Strange posters thread (SRS)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168018593&p=1409977863#post1409977863
    **Official MISC®© "dedicated car sales man"** spot him post him here (srs)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160043551

Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000) Cfitz717 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1. Even atheists agree Jesus was a real person.

2. Internet atheists are the most hilarious people on the planet. Brb, only identify as atheist to seem cool. brb, essentially the new vegans. Brb, every time a new science discovery is made (see: bicep2), they think it somehow destroys the creationist argument. Meanwhile, they have no idea what was even discovered. Brb, follow science like a religion and Bill Nye as their savior. Brb, bash Christians for having faith while having faith God isn't real. Just lol. umad there are billions of us and millions of you?

edit: dont agree with young earth creationism, but do believe we were created by God.
    Last edited by Cfitz717; 03-18-2014 at 07:59 PM.