caitlynbolda has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bikini or Figure?

Ladies, I need your help!

I am currently preparing to do my first competition in August. I am planning to do a 14 week cutting cycle starting on May 10th. I am currently trying to make a game plan on my diet, training and misc. preparations. The problem is, I don't know which class to enter into. I am 5'6 currently weighing in at 134 pounds with about a month and a half left during my 'bulking' phase, and I am currently about 17% body fat. I have broad shoulders and I am a mesomorph. I currently have a pretty decent amount of muscle everywhere on my body, and particularly muscular arms. I have curves though and I have asked opinions of my friends and my boyfriend and I am getting split answers.

Do you all have any recommendations? Please, any help would be appreciated!!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Progress pics would be helpful. No one can give you any real feedback without knowing what you look like.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    This seems to be a very popular question right now.

Kimm and others have provided some great feedback in threads titled almost identically to yours and those threads may also be worth checking out.

Perhaps one of her responses / a variation thereof could be stickied, forum admins?

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Beauty - thanks, yes, I guess that information is in that great thread. I just noticed so many "Bikini or figures" lately, didn't know if it was worth having a sticky just to outline the basic 'look' for each category (fully appreciating that different federations have a slightly different twist, but a general idea)

Thanks!

CC

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it is important to do the research into it BEFORE someone decides to compete. The look is gonna depend of course on which org and which level you are on. I would say that most people who come asking these questions do not have even a year of training under them, do not post pictures, and do no research other than "i want to compete".
    Im not sure its worth the work of making a sticky to compare, NPC vs WBFF vs FAP vs INBA vs.... and if someone googled it... the info is prob all ready out there.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

More than agreed

KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000) KatySchlake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by caitlynbolda View Post
    Ladies, I need your help!

I am currently preparing to do my first competition in August. I am planning to do a 14 week cutting cycle starting on May 10th. I am currently trying to make a game plan on my diet, training and misc. preparations. The problem is, I don't know which class to enter into. I am 5'6 currently weighing in at 134 pounds with about a month and a half left during my 'bulking' phase, and I am currently about 17% body fat. I have broad shoulders and I am a mesomorph. I currently have a pretty decent amount of muscle everywhere on my body, and particularly muscular arms. I have curves though and I have asked opinions of my friends and my boyfriend and I am getting split answers.

Do you all have any recommendations? Please, any help would be appreciated!!
    If you can hold onto your muscle throughout your cutting phase you should be pretty good to go for figure. However if you lose some then you might be more suited for bikini.
    "You know you're a tomboy when you tell stories about previous injuries and have people wanting to throw up"

Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: KatyFlex

Supps I use:
    Pride Nutrition
    C-Gone - Carb utilization formula
    Control - Helps control appetite
    Dialed-IN - Thermogenic and natural fat burner

Sponsored by:
    Ripple Swimwear

Nationally Qualified Bikini Athlete and Fitness Model
    2013 Midwest Ironman - Bikini Class B - 1st Place

marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marie4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    females often gym for arms and tummy but they forget to gym for thighs which gives negative impact. you should keep in mind that thing.

baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10) baileyfong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by marie4u View Post
    females often gym for arms and tummy but they forget to gym for thighs which gives negative impact. you should keep in mind that thing.
    Whaaaat...

danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danap3681 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by baileyfong View Post
    Whaaaat...
    Think someone may have been sippin' a little bit of al-key-hall!!!
    **DIRTYSOUTHCREW**
    #sizeistheprizeswoleisthegoal

Sorry I have been away from the website for a while.
    I have done my fair share of research on both categories and I feel like I am smack dab in the middle of the two.
    I have attached 2 photos, one back shot and one front. I am currently finishing the last week or so of bulking and start cutting on May 3rd for my show in August. My abs will of course be more visible as a start cutting but I can feel the six pack.

The quality for the back shot is kind of low because I used my front facing camera, which is pretty crappy.

Please give me any feedback you may have

Thank you!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by caitlynbolda; 04-20-2014 at 02:48 PM.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's really hard to tell anything from those photos.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Agree with DD. Try setting a camera with an auto timer on a flat surface at about waist level and in an area with decent lighting.

Your shoulders look like they have a nice roundness to them...but once you cut down you'll need to see where you end up size wise.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Alright I will be sure to do that within the next day or so.

Thank you ladies!

I attached some better pictures. Used contrast so you could better see.

According to hydro-static weighing I am currently at 17.3% body fat and 135 pounds. 5'6

Cut starting May 3rd, I know the muscle will be more visible then because its a little hidden right now
    Any opinions based off of where I am currently at?
    Attached Images

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    looks to me like you may be able to pull off figure.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    looks to me like you may be able to pull off figure.
    Thank you for your input!

msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10) msmonster0906 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice arms and you have a nice waist!

Originally Posted by msmonster0906 View Post
    nice arms and you have a nice waist!
    Thank you!