CTdesu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need advice for fat loss/muscle gain

Hey guys, I need some opinions for my current workout and diet.

My overall goal is of course to improve my physique by both losing fat and gaining muscle, but at the moment my main priority is fat loss. I've been going to gym since 2012, but during 2012~2013, I never had a proper routine or diet and was really just screwing around most of the time, and made minimal progress but then gained fat again. During December of 2013, after going on holidays, I peaked at 88kg and I'm now trying to get my body into shape.

At the moment I am doing PPL for every single day of the week (I get lazy if I don't go everyday) and so far, I've been going everyday for the past 10 weeks with an exception of 4 days due to events and my gym closing by 9pm. So my first question is, Is it bad that I am going every single day? I've heard that rest days are important, but is what i'm doing okay due to the fact that I am training different muscles each day (so I am basically giving each muscle group a 48 hour rest period). Also, Because I screwed around so much for the past 2 years, does that mean I won't be able to make any noob gains?

Regarding my diet, I'm really focused on losing body fat at the moment but I'm not sure if what I am eating at the moment is the right choice. I am eating around 150g of protein, 30g fat, 30g carbs each day, and although I noticed extreme mood swings and tiredness at the start (maybe due to lack of carbs?), my body is operable with what I'm eating at the moment. Supplement-wise, I'm taking whey protein after workouts, preworkout before working out, as well as taking creatine monohydrate quite consistently. So my second questions is Is there anything I should change for my diet? My resolve is quite good so I can supress most of my urges at the moment. Keep in mind, although I do want muscle gain, I am prioritising fat loss.

TL;DR:

I am 77kg at the moment, probably around 18~19% bodyfat. If I want fat loss, is it a good idea to gym everyday given that I am doing PPL. Also, is 150g protein/30g fat/ 30g carbs appropriate?

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CTdesu View Post

TL;DR:

I am 77kg at the moment, probably around 18~19% bodyfat. If I want fat loss, is it a good idea to gym everyday given that I am doing PPL. Also, is 150g protein/30g fat/ 30g carbs appropriate?
    What the f*ck?

Read the nutrition stickies. Do you know how many calories you are getting? You are getting 990 calories a day. Your maintenance is AT LEAST somewhere around 2300-3000. It's true you can drop about two pounds a week while cutting if your maintenance doesn't drop too low, but that's just a bad idea to barely get 1000. Is your dick even functioning? With fat that low you risk hormone malfunction.

Protein is good. You probaly need around 30 more grams of fat, and hundreds more carbs. How do you even lift without carbs as an energy source?

If you are starting a cut without a bulk, you can probably lose around 1 pound everyday 7-10 days. If your maintenance was higher, (you were previously muscular, like a linebacker who was cutting) you could lose 2 but i don't think anyone would ever drop to 1000 calories thinking about their health.

If you are running a p/p/l daily and seeing results from it, and you like it, good for you. Keep doing what works for you personally, lifting everyday may not be optimal in the long run but if you feel like that's what you need to do then do it.

Noob gains refer to how theoretically simple it is to increase your strength off of the basic lifts. An arbitrary milestones are a 1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift. you should be around 130/200/300/400 for those four lifts. noob gains just means you can use linear progression adding weight every session. On starting strength, for example, you add 5 pounds to your squat everytime you go in there, deload when you cant, and should be capable of getting that lift and all others around those numbers. You may stop seeing gains at a 275 squat, or may be able to go up to 350. Everyone is different. Don't worry about noob gains, you will get bigger and stronger, just eat, lift hard and sleep.

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Use that calculator to find your maintenance, then cut off 10-20% or 500 calories, that is how much you should be eating for a cut.
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176

CTdesu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jaywalking View Post
    What the f*ck?

Read the nutrition stickies. Do you know how many calories you are getting? You are getting 990 calories a day. Your maintenance is AT LEAST somewhere around 2300-3000. It's true you can drop about two pounds a week while cutting if your maintenance doesn't drop too low, but that's just a bad idea to barely get 1000. Is your dick even functioning? With fat that low you risk hormone malfunction.

Protein is good. You probaly need around 30 more grams of fat, and hundreds more carbs. How do you even lift without carbs as an energy source?

If you are starting a cut without a bulk, you can probably lose around 1 pound everyday 7-10 days. If your maintenance was higher, (you were previously muscular, like a linebacker who was cutting) you could lose 2 but i don't think anyone would ever drop to 1000 calories thinking about their health.

If you are running a p/p/l daily and seeing results from it, and you like it, good for you. Keep doing what works for you personally, lifting everyday may not be optimal in the long run but if you feel like that's what you need to do then do it.

Noob gains refer to how theoretically simple it is to increase your strength off of the basic lifts. An arbitrary milestones are a 1 plate OHP, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 4 plate deadlift. you should be around 130/200/300/400 for those four lifts. noob gains just means you can use linear progression adding weight every session. On starting strength, for example, you add 5 pounds to your squat everytime you go in there, deload when you cant, and should be capable of getting that lift and all others around those numbers. You may stop seeing gains at a 275 squat, or may be able to go up to 350. Everyone is different. Don't worry about noob gains, you will get bigger and stronger, just eat, lift hard and sleep.
    hey thanks for the input!

I think I'm probably really off with calculating my macros so I think think I'll keep track better and then update this again. (My body feels fine except for my occasional urges)