branchmanager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why are crossfitters so buff

Okay crossfit is something I wanna do after high school. I have been lifting and running because I like and I have gotten plenty of results but I think want a new challenge. I want to do crossfit because it seems like something fun and challenging. But i also want to have a good looking body.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS why are they so big?They have big chest big, big arms etc. the workouts they do (as far as I know) don't concentrate on one specific group and certain exercises are mainly body weight exercises so how are they all big. And the workouts that are weighted seem to primarily work shoulders and legs. For instance the only chest workouts I notice they do are push ups and dips. Surely u can't get a huge defined chest from just doing those two chest workouts. If any one could answer thank you!
    I know this question has probably been answered previously it's just that I just got In to this sight and I don't know how to use everything and I'm really curious as for my question.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by branchmanager View Post
    Okay crossfit is something I wanna do after high school. I have been lifting and running because I like and I have gotten plenty of results but I think want a new challenge. I want to do crossfit because it seems like something fun and challenging. But i also want to have a good looking body.

MY MAIN QUESTION IS why are they so big?They have big chest big, big arms etc. the workouts they do (as far as I know) don't concentrate on one specific group and certain exercises are mainly body weight exercises so how are they all big. And the workouts that are weighted seem to primarily work shoulders and legs. For instance the only chest workouts I notice they do are push ups and dips. Surely u can't get a huge defined chest from just doing those two chest workouts. If any one could answer thank you!
    I know this question has probably been answered previously it's just that I just got In to this sight and I don't know how to use everything and I'm really curious as for my question.
    They are big and buff because they lift weights and eat plenty of food. They dont do crossfit to get big. They got big and also do crosfit.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Watch this video OP. It may help put things into perspective. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...fit%3Dbest+fad
    Experience, not just theory

Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm yet to see a big crossfitter apart from those pro dudes like Rich Froning who is a solid power lifter and also takes steroids imo.
    Last edited by Filthmonger; 03-18-2014 at 05:42 PM.

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    big? crossfitters? you're kidding, right?
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can find examples of big buff crossfitters no doubt - but they are in the minority. Exactly the same can be said of weightlifters - only the minority examples chosen will be much bigger and stronger...

Crossfit has a certain amount of weight training so this easily explains what you see. This is not rocket surgery people.

jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jdoug85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Watch this video OP. It may help put things into perspective. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...fit%3Dbest+fad
    As soon as I clicked the thread title I was hoping for this haha

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The minority of them are, probably becasue they do crossfit combined with strength training and have their nutrition down. Just like with everything else there are elite people that will break the mold.

While crossfit does have a strength element into it, you really won't see a lot of crossfit boxes hammering down strength. However the folks at www.liftbigeatbig.com they do crossfit and strength and they also look like they lift.
    OG

branchmanager has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Makes sense. I won't sY they are big but defined a few if them. Including the girls like Camille Leblanc Bazinet. I'm just curious as to how the get ther physique and there workouts seem to target loosing weight.
    Thanks man

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Depending on your standards, some people can look "big" - or at least defined - just by acquiring newbie gains from the resistance training that is present in crossfit and getting very lean through lots of frantic activity. Very inefficient means to an end but some people enjoy it I guess.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cause they lifted before crossfit haha

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    MY MAIN QUESTION IS why are they so big?
    Two words, opie: Kipping Pullups.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Makes sense. I won't sY they are big but defined a few if them. Including the girls like Camille Leblanc Bazinet. I'm just curious as to how the get ther physique and there workouts seem to target loosing weight.
    Thanks man
    I think you are still mixing up their workout and their training for crossfit competition. It's like any other sport. Football players don't get big by spending all of their time on the field.

Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonk282 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man
    Here's a little bio on Camille for ya...

I did gymnastic since I was 2 and 1/2 and started competing at 5… I ripped my hips at 16 and was looking for a new challenge… did every sport(soccer, volleyball, ski, running, flag-football, rugby…)

So...she's been athletic all her life...but here's the kicker that crossfit will never tell you...

Does your workout consist of a WOD or do you do extra work on top of that?

I don’t even do a lot of wod … it is a lot of strength training and skill work… some aerobic to… I might do typical sod 4 times a week but mostly strength work…
    http://theathleticbuild.com/crossfit...eticbuild-com/

So as you see...it's more strength training than anything else.
    OG

Rickster1522 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So much hate... gimmick or not, their physique is exceptional, their workouts are hard

mmmm my uneducated guess.. they eat alot of clean food, lift heavy weight, and do a load of metabolic conditioning..

jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) jwtiger69 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At least this isn't about some beach body workout!!!! lol.....
    Free Agent...

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177264401&p=1582345751#post1582345751

startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Filthmonger View Post
    I'm yet to see a big crossfitter apart from those pro dudes like Rich Froning who is a solid power lifter and also takes steroids.

Why are you so sure he takes steroids? I am just as sick of hearing about crossfit as the next guy, but his physique is certainly attainable naturally. I hope you have a basis for your comment and its not just because your upset that he has worked harder than you have to achieve the body you (and I) wish we had.

KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KDG730 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by startstopping View Post
    Why are you so sure he takes steroids? I am just as sick of hearing about crossfit as the next guy, but his physique is certainly attainable naturally. I hope you have a basis for your comment and its not just because your upset that he has worked harder than you have to achieve the body you (and I) wish we had.
    Repped.

Pretty sure Froning doesn't take steriods. Dude just works hard as ****. Mad respect to him

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Froning also played highschool football and baseball and had a baseball scholarship. Chances are he spent a lot of time in the gym lifting heavy weights before he started doing crossfit.

Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50) Filthmonger will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Because they aren't stringently tested and there is huge amounts of cash on the line. Don't be so naive.

jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmariano is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A crossfit WOD, in my opinion, is just a test of fitness skills. Those guys have to work hard, and in a consistent manner to do those workouts. Anything other than crossfit competition, and competition prep, is just clever marketing. It's in no way a good program to follow regularly, especially if you have limited experience and strength. Crossfit is just another fitness wonder product. It's a prepackaged, "one-stop" fitness solution. You pay upwards of hundreds of dollars each month for a gym membership (or a box whatever the hell they call it), a bit of personal training and instruction, nutritional counseling, and of course a bunch of new gym buddies. Instead of seeking these things out on your own, it all comes with one simple, yet inflated, price tag.

startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50) startstopping will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Filthmonger View Post
    Because they aren't stringently tested and there is huge amounts of cash on the line. Don't be so naive.

I am not naive, and i am not even saying that he has never done steroids. He may have for all I know. What i am saying is that

1. Its irresponsible and the douche thing to do to associate someones name to steroids just because they are really good at what they do.

2. Your post is completely misleading. The OP was specifically asking about his physique, which again is completely realistic for someone natural who eats and lifts right over a long period of time. There are probably hundreds of people lurking on here who are out of shape and unhealthy and wondering if its worth it to start lifting/dieting to change their life. What they are hearing from you is that unless your willing to take drugs you can never attain a physique you want. Thats a load of crap.

I am not naive, and i am not even saying that he has never done steroids. He may have for all I know. What i am saying is that

1. Its irresponsible and the douche thing to do to associate someones name to steroids just because they are really good at what they do.

2. Your post is completely misleading. The OP was specifically asking about his physique, which again is completely realistic for someone natural who eats and lifts right over a long period of time. There are probably hundreds of people lurking on here who are out of shape and unhealthy and wondering if its worth it to start lifting/dieting to change their life. What they are hearing from you is that unless your willing to take drugs you can never attain a physique you want. Thats a load of crap.
    Get off your high horse mate. That's my opinion as well as many others. I'll edit my post to say imo, just for you baby.

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jasonk282 View Post
    Here's a little bio on Camille for ya...

I did gymnastic since I was 2 and 1/2 and started competing at 5… I ripped my hips at 16 and was looking for a new challenge… did every sport(soccer, volleyball, ski, running, flag-football, rugby…)

So...she's been athletic all her life...but here's the kicker that crossfit will never tell you...

Does your workout consist of a WOD or do you do extra work on top of that?

I don’t even do a lot of wod … it is a lot of strength training and skill work… some aerobic to… I might do typical sod 4 times a week but mostly strength work…
    http://theathleticbuild.com/crossfit...eticbuild-com/

So as you see...it's more strength training than anything else.
    I wonder if this is the norm for crossfitters that have pretty solid physiques.....adding additional training besides WOD...a more traditional type workout.

I just cant see these people getting solid physiques while doing endurance based lifts.

aftershock1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you want a good looking body then forget right away about crossfit. Its not for you. Fun ? Maybe, but its definitelly not fun when you fail and injur yourself. Trust me
    Weighted Calisthenics, Squats&Deadlifts

Info : bodybuilding2.sendlane.com/view/muscle-building