SCUBAMARA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thyroid Disease and trying to compete

I am a 45 year old female with thyroid disease. I am doing my first bodybuilding competition (bikini division for now until I get bigger for figure) and I have an IFBB Pro (male) trainer that I train with 5 days a week have been for over a year. I was struggling with losing weight so my trainer took most carbs out about 5 weeks ago and added CapTri oil. We are also up to 2.5 hrs of cardio a day and I am still struggling. Competition is in about 4 & 1/2 weeks and I'm freaking out. I have lost some muscle mass and my bottom half is looking soft. Anyone out there with similar issues or any recommendations?

Thank you so much.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not enough info to give any solid feedback. What are your stats, how long have you been dieting, how many calories are you consuming, how much have you lost so far and are you on medication for your thyroid problem?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

SCUBAMARA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes I'm on synthroid. I am 5'4, 139. I started competition diet in Dec 2013 (16 weeks out) and weighed 145 at that time. My weight keeps fluctuating, meaning I lose 2 lbs, but gain 1, but then lose 2 and gain 3.... It's ridiculous. I'm eating what my trainer tells me to. I start with creatine after workout, then whey, then I have 8 egg whites with 6 oz of spinach and 1 tbsp of cap Tri oil. Then lunch and dinner in usually the same... 6-8 oz of green beans and either 6-7 oz of ground turkey or tilapia with 1 tbsp cap Tri oil again. My trainer believes in feeding into the show and he and his wife have a great record. All of their competitors usually come in top 3 at the shows. I am also on heart mess for A-Fib which I know is also keeping weight and water weight on. It's getting frustrating because I spend so much time in the gym and I'm not seeing results and week after week all the other girls on team are getting smaller and smaller and doing half of what I am doing. Ugh!!!

ohsnapchelsea has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Scubamara- I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and also estrogen dominance. I'm nowhere near competition shape at the moment but am hoping to get there once I get my meds and hormones leveled out. I did want to say that I recently made the switch from synthroid to erfa and am feeling much better and the weight is coming off again like it should be considering my diet and I'm retaining a lot less water.

tribic143 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hypo

What is Efra?? I'm on Synthroid and Cytomel. I was in great shape and I wanted to compete eventually and my thyroid went out of wack again and I put on 30lbs that wont come off now! I was even perscribed weight loss meds and those haven't worked either and now I'm really freaking out! Any advice?

Originally Posted by ohsnapchelsea View Post
    Hi Scubamara- I was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism and also estrogen dominance. I'm nowhere near competition shape at the moment but am hoping to get there once I get my meds and hormones leveled out. I did want to say that I recently made the switch from synthroid to erfa and am feeling much better and the weight is coming off again like it should be considering my diet and I'm retaining a lot less water.

Shoot4theStarz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I have it too and joined Pauline Nordins summer shred challenge And lost 20 lbs from the diet itself after not being able to lose any weight for 2 years . I'm on the Low plan from her book 'Women's Guide'
    "The difference between 'Try' and 'Do' is DEATH" -JM