ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Should I still be trying to get 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight while on keto?

because its kinda hard to get the proper protein/fat ratio while maintaining my target limit of 2208 daily cals.

I carbed up just yesterday and I'm quickly trying to get into a state of ketosis by eating a diet comprised of 65% fat/ 35% protein and only trace carbs.

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    IMO, i wouldnt have more than 55% of your calorie intake come from fat. Trust me, if you do Keto right, you should have no problems maintaining the 1 g per pound of bodyweight requirement. In fact, I probably was getting close to 300g of protein a day. If getting the required amount of protein is a problem for you, avoid nuts and eat more meats like steak, hotdogs, dark meat chicken. Also cheese is a great source of both fat and protein.

Dont worry too much about caloric intake. Read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution, that book explains why you dont really need to obsess about calorie intake.

ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToxicCorpse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No dude, its actually the opposite. I am getting plenty of ptotein but when I go and add the fat ingrediants to get the proper ratio, the calories of the meal superceed my 368 cal per meal limit.

Your opinion seems to contradict most others as theyve suggested taking an upwards of 80% fat during the first couple of days on CKD to ensure that a state of ketosis is reached.

VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VitaminX has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Ive always done, about 50% fat 40% protein, but all because it worked for me doesn't mean it works for everyone.

I think 80% fat is abnormally high, but then again, thats the great thing about forums. Everyone has their own opinion. What does everyone else think?

dilly has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Fat percentages should fall anywhere between 55-70%.
    55% is low IMO.
    70% is high IMO.

I think 60-65% is the best option.
    " Never eat more then you can lift" - Miss piggy
    " If at first you don't succed, find out if the loser gets anything" - Bill Lyon

GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not on CKD now and haven't been for about a year. But when I was doing CKD I tried to stay around a 65% fat, 30% pro & 5% carb ratio and it worked very well. I had some days, maybe once a week, where my fat intake was around 75% and I didn't have any problems. But I could really notice a difference (drop) in my energy levels if I dropped my fat intake below 60% for a day. So the 65/30/5 ratio worked good for me. But everyone is different.
    "Campers have tents nerves"