dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Elite Fitness "Learn To Train" Seminar

Has anyone here ever been to one of the Elite Fitness Learn To Train Seminars?

If so, what was your experience? Is it something you would recommend?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never done the EliteFTS LTT seminars, but I've done other powerlifting seminars (have personally worked with Dave Hoff several times, Donnie Thompson, Scot Mendelson, and a few locally known lifters) and I ALWAYS come away feeling like my time and money was well spent. You'll learn a lot, especially seeing things hands-on and having the opportunity to pick the presenters' brain and ask questions in real-time.
    Not to mention having a qualified, accomplished lifter work with you on form and technique is an invaluable opportunity, one that many lifters underestimate.

The only reason I haven't done the EFS LTTS is because of cost, quite frankly. I was considering going last year but in the end, I'm too broke to justify that kind of expense, but your situation may be different. I'm fortunate to work with a world-class lifting coach 3-4x a week. If for some reason I wasn't working with a coach, I'd be looking to attend every single seminar I could that had reputable lifters/coaches presenting and was reasonably priced/convenient.
    Last edited by mstngvic; 03-13-2014 at 12:17 PM.
    BlueCollarBarbell.com - Long Island Powerlifting - CAN'T FAKE STRENGTH!

"The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, struggling to catch their breath, well past the point of exhaustion... when no one else is watching."

"Don't have $100 shoes and a 10¢ squat" - Louie Simmons

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mstngvic View Post
    I've never done the EliteFTS LTT seminars, but I've done other powerlifting seminars (have personally worked with Dave Hoff several times, Donnie Thompson, Scot Mendelson, and a few locally known lifters) and I ALWAYS come away feeling like my time and money was well spent. You'll learn a lot, especially seeing things hands-on and having the opportunity to pick the presenters' brain and ask questions in real-time.
    Not to mention having a qualified, accomplished lifter work with you on form and technique is an invaluable opportunity, one that many lifters underestimate.

The only reason I haven't done the EFS LTTS is because of cost, quite frankly. I was considering going last year but in the end, I'm too broke to justify that kind of expense, but your situation may be different. I'm fortunate to work with a world-class lifting coach 3-4x a week. If for some reason I wasn't working with a coach, I'd be looking to attend every single seminar I could that had reputable lifters/coaches presenting and was reasonably priced/convenient.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm on the verge of signing up.

It is currently at $450 plus gas and hotel for a few nights.

186lbs in Avatar

mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mstngvic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just wanted to add, when I say cost, I mean the cost of my traveling/accommodations... I actually think ~$550 is somewhat reasonable for a 2-day seminar with so many great lifters/coaches and so much going on. Especially when it's charity-related.

Then again, just to play devils' advocate... my powerlifting team is sponsoring a seminar with Dave Hoff and Donnie Thompson (specifically about bench press and rehab/mobility) and we're charging $75 for 4 hours, including hands-on practice if there's time.
    So by checking with local powerlifting teams, you may find another seminar that's cheaper and may be of more interest to you. Just food for thought.

"The vision of a champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, struggling to catch their breath, well past the point of exhaustion... when no one else is watching."

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would so love to go to one but even though it is a good price and it's going to a great cause it is still a price that I can't justify at the moment. If you sign up update this thread with lots of pics and write up a review. It would be fun if someday a bunch of us from the crews (Equipment, York, Ivanko) could arrange to meet at one.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Anyone interested in meeting up at this Seminar?

186lbs in Avatar

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just read that it's going to be the last one they do. Guess I won't ever make it.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    Just read that it's going to be the last one they do. Guess I won't ever make it.
    Just for this reason, I think I'd consider going & meeting decent people from the interwebs. It'd be a good story, if anything.

On topic & off topic, who else gives good seminars?
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

I think the current price is good through the weekend and if I read it correctly you get discounts with groups of 3 or more.

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    On topic & off topic, who else gives good seminars?
    Check with local powerlifting gyms and powerlifters in your area. That's how I heard about the ones I attended, anyway.

Most serious powerlifting teams/gyms will sponsor seminars when they have the opportunity to. Sometimes CrossFit boxes will as well... but then you might catch AIDs.

Well, Dave Tate sends out an e-mail that says:

"With this being the last one, we have decided to make a few last minute changes that you want to take advantage of.

1. We will push back on increasing the seminar rate until Monday. This gives you three more days to register before the price increases $100.00."

That was the 14th, when the price was $449. They have already increased the price to $649.
    Last edited by dumb.bell; 03-16-2014 at 02:09 PM.

186lbs in Avatar

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I bought the Joe Defranco/Zach Even Esh "Lost Secrets of Strength" seminar dvd set, and I gotta tell you, if I woulda gone to that seminar, I woulda been pissed! I learned nothing from it! Im sure of course I would learn some things from an EFS seminar, but Im also sure Ill learn most of those things in time anyway. I personally would spend my money on more equipment.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    I bought the Joe Defranco/Zach Even Esh "Lost Secrets of Strength" seminar dvd set, and I gotta tell you, if I woulda gone to that seminar, I woulda been pissed! I learned nothing from it! Im sure of course I would learn some things from an EFS seminar, but Im also sure Ill learn most of those things in time anyway. I personally would spend my money on more equipment.
    Care to explain?

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sure, which part?
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Did you sign up for it?

Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    Sure, which part?
    You said you learned nothing.

Curious what it covered. Seems like, you'd think, there's be something interesting in there, lol.

Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Did you sign up for it?
    I assume you are asking me?

I had not made a definite decision, but was leaning heavily towards it (about 80%). Thought I'd have today to make the decision, but first I checked it had already went up $100. I was hoping it was some sort of automatic change that they would fix in light of the e-mail, but it went up again shortly after that. So no, I didn't sign up.

186lbs in Avatar

For one, I ordered "The Lost Secrets Of Strength-The Business Files", but got this one by mistake or whatever. I emailed Defrancos site and was told there are no refunds or returns. Got passed the anger and just decided to watch what I got, figuring a seminar at Defrancos Gym could be pretty cool to watch and I was considering buying this one as well. And still, that wasnt the one I got! I didnt even know that there was a second seminar on DVD. The one I thought I got by mistake was filmed at De Francos gym, and who knows what they covered at that one. The one I got was filmed at Zachs gym and was pretty much led by him, with Defranco just chiming in on the topics brought up by Zach. Video and sound was horrible quality too. There was a warm up, then they pushed a Prowler and flipped tires for about 20 minutes, all while the sound of wind annoying the hell out of you. Then there was a Q and A, which nobody really asked anything and Zach is pretty much begging for questions. The whole thing was just poor, the seminar and DVD production. Honestly, I would never take a word Even Esh says seriously again after watching that. I think think he's a fLlckin joke actually. It came with a "bonus" 30 minute audio CD, and all it was , was a recorded telephone conversation between those two. And again, nothing was really covered. Thats what I remember at least. Its been a while since I watched it.
    Last edited by a7stringkilla; 03-17-2014 at 06:24 AM.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72