Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100)

Keto for 2 1/2 months, no carb ups but been invited out for all day beer! Scared!!

Ok, so ive been on keto for 2 1/2 months no carb ups or cheat meals and progress is good. Ive turned down everything up to date, but a day at the races (cheltenham horse racing) with a designated driver and beer all day seems like the blow out ive been waiting for.

Firstly will this screw me up, make me sick or give me stomach cramps?
    How will I handle the alcohol?
    What should I be worrying about if anything?
    If I go back to keto diet the following day should my body be happy to run on fats or will there be a transitional period again?
    Should I do this at all?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Warning... your tolerance will be that of a childs. The metabolic efficiency that ketosis brings means you'll feel the poison of alcohol that much more.

Water with every drink, activated charcoal throughout the day, extra C and B vitamins can help to mitigate the effects... but I'd try your best to take it easy.

And dont go not eating because you think you're getting plenty of calories from beer, you need to be well-nourished to process all the booze
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

bumstah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    Warning... your tolerance will be that of a childs. The metabolic efficiency that ketosis brings means you'll feel the poison of alcohol that much more.

Water with every drink, activated charcoal throughout the day, extra C and B vitamins can help to mitigate the effects... but I'd try your best to take it easy.

And dont go not eating because you think you're getting plenty of calories from beer, you need to be well-nourished to process all the booze
    I second this. I did keto for about a month with no cheat days, carb-up days, etc. I stopped keto the day before my birthday but it wasn't enough time for my body to adjust. Two beers, two shots of vodka and I was done. The whiskey shot was the nail in the coffin. The next day I woke up still very drunk and spent the whole day recuperating. Take it easy and drink a ton of water

Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100) Darkesy is not very well liked. (-100)
    Its all happening tomorrow, was thinking of maybe starting the carb up process today adding some bread and potatoes and possibly even a couple of trial beers tonight just so my body knows what its got coming!?

Water is certainly a good shout, probably opt for the alternate drinks attack, a beer then a water and so on.

Any further info on getting back into keto after this bump in the road?

Thanks for the replys.

Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Arkwright has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Be careful not to drink to fast.
    In deep keto (dark purple strip)
    A 12 oz glass of red wine affected me like 5 shots of whiskey. drink plenty of water along with it. If you get really drunk a horrid hangover is guaranteed.

As long as you go back on the diet you'll be back in keto in a day or so.
    Log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153915471
    Wanna be powerlifter.
    Current max's 360 Squat 230 bench , 3x405 deadlift.

OK so its all happened and initially went quite smoothly and all plans to go steady went out of the window.

I decided screw it and used the weekend as a giant carb up so ive got some work to do to be in keto but looking forward to getting back on it.

Friday started with a full english bcaon eggs beans toast fried bread eggs etc...
    At the races 9 pints of guiness and pork and stuffing baguette x 2.
    After the races several more pints and an indian curry with naan bread rice and chips.
    Taxi Home.

Saturday
    Bacon and Tomato sandwich x 2 tea with milk and sugar
    Potato Waffles and heinz spaghetti
    DOminos pizza marathon (think I ate my own weight in pizza), twisted chocolate dough balls and a cookie

Sunday
    Mcdonalds pancakes and bacon roll with hash brown and a latte
    Pasta with bolognaise chips and garlic bread and a latte
    Mcdonalds big mac meal

Quite a disgusting amount of S**t i think youll agree

Anyway Ive got to add apart from friday, I had indigestion, heartburn, headaches and bloating all weekend especially sunday.

I cannot wait to get back on keto as I have hated the way I have felt - heavy, lethargic and generally not well which was an anti climax as i thought I wouldve enjoyed eating all that junk but I didnt (apart from the dominos) I couldnt even finish the big mac or the pasta.

Thanks for your comments