KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Which is more important?

Should I be more worried about cutting or bulking after I have my daughter? I want to start my research now, so when I have my baby in 3 months I will already know what I need to start doing.

My BMI is atrocious. But I don't want to break down any more muscle (I don't have enough to spare).

Is there a happy medium or is it black and white?

KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) KiloDeltaGolf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by KiloDeltaGolf View Post
    Should I be more worried about cutting or bulking after I have my daughter? I want to start my research now, so when I have my baby in 3 months I will already know what I need to start doing.

My BMI is atrocious. But I don't want to break down any more muscle (I don't have enough to spare).

Is there a happy medium or is it black and white?
    Any insight would be appreciated.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's kinda hard to say where you'll be at 3 months from now. Have you gained a lot of weight with your pregnancy? Is this your first child? Being a first time mom you have NO idea what you're about to be in for as far as exhaustion goes, I don't know how much energy you'll have to worry about bulking or cutting.
    Are you planning on breast feeding? If so that burns a ton of calories per day, if you were to eat at a SLIGHT (be careful not to diminish milk supply) deficit the fat will come off.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Post-partum, just try and eat healthy. You'll be a zombie (not sure if this is your first or not), rest and nutrition is important. Cutting and bulking is unnecessary pressure in the first while (depending on the baby, longer for bad sleepers or breastfeeders). You'll get there. I personally make no aspirations of cutting or bulking until they sleep through reasonably well which for me is 18-24 months.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's most important is to take care of yourself and your baby.

Let your body do it's thing the first 12 weeks or so. Much of the pregnancy weight just falls off, especially if you're nursing and younger.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't have pregnancy experience but you will still be over 200# postpartum if your weight is up to date, and you will be in a cutting place more than a bulking. You might be surprised at the muscles you have hiding under there if you lose weight the right way (slow while lifting instead of fast with too much cardio).
    Instagram: @doctorv17

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What everyone said. Take care of yourself. I cared a lot about losing the baby weight with my first. The second not do much. Weight fell off at the same rate lol

One thing though that I think is good advice, you will be so exhausted and focused on baby that you may forget to eat or eat whatever.

Right now, try to cook and freeze individual portions of healthy meals for yourself. For both babies, I had about 3 months worth of prepped meals (90 servings) in my freezer. it was really helpful.
    Congrats
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post
    It's kinda hard to say where you'll be at 3 months from now. Have you gained a lot of weight with your pregnancy? Is this your first child? Being a first time mom you have NO idea what you're about to be in for as far as exhaustion goes, I don't know how much energy you'll have to worry about bulking or cutting.
    Are you planning on breast feeding? If so that burns a ton of calories per day, if you were to eat at a SLIGHT (be careful not to diminish milk supply) deficit the fat will come off.
    I am 26w3d and I have gained 6 pounds. I do plan on breastfeeding.

Originally Posted by Cara0915 View Post

And this is my first child.

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I notice you posted in another forum that you are in a wheelchair. Perhaps this is be relevant here too. Sadly I suspect a troll.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post
    I notice you posted in another forum that you are in a wheelchair. Perhaps this is be relevant here too. Sadly I suspect a troll.

Why the crap would I lie about being in a wheelchair?!?

I have Charcot-Marie-Tooth, a progressive and chronic neuromuscular disease. I was diagnosed at 12. I'm pretty sure I'm going through enough as it is and I don't need someone being ignorant on my post.

Yeah, I'm wheelchair bound from severe muscular atrophy in my lower extremities. I came to this website to get knowledge on building my muscles back so I won't be relying on a wheelchair my whole life.

So sorry that my non-perfect life automatically makes me a troll. Actually I WISH I was trolling. I WISH I wasn't 20 and in a wheelchair. That I COULD have been married longer that one year before my spouse became my caregiver.

I'm here for encouragement. Not to be torn down. Should I have just kept my wheelchair use to myself to appease you, Oh Great One?

God I'm tired of being called a troll.
    Last edited by KiloDeltaGolf; 03-12-2014 at 06:55 PM.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Conditions requiring a wheelchair do not mean a woman can have a pregnancy/birth. My mother has always had one for hip defects and she even had us naturally without a section.

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Conditions requiring a wheelchair do not mean a woman can have a pregnancy/birth. My mother has always had one for hip defects and she even had us naturally without a section.

Exactly. My pregnancy has been normal and uncomplicated, thank god.

ZJmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have two kids ages 2 and 4. If you are breastfeeding, cutting definitely isn't a good idea. You need to eat enough calories to nourish yourself and baby, or you will have problems with milk supply. I started an exercise program after my 6 week pp check and started off slow and easy. Your ligaments will still be loose, so you should start off only doing body weight exercises until you build strength and fully recover from child birth. Focus on eating healthy foods and start off slow with exercise! Congrats on your first pregnancy!

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ZJmama View Post
    . You need to eat enough calories to nourish yourself and baby, or you will have problems with milk supply. !
    Actually, the energy required to make milk is easily pulled from fat stores gained during pregnancy.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

ZJmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can't post links yet, but cutting too many calories during breastfeeding will definitely affect supply. I successfully breast fed both of my babies for a year each.

This is is especially true during the first 2 months while establishing your supply.

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually it is the fact that here you didn't mention your condition, and there you didn't mention your pregnancy. Both important factors which would hugely influence advice.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

Originally Posted by MadCatLady View Post
    Actually it is the fact that here you didn't mention your condition, and there you didn't mention your pregnancy. Both important factors which would hugely influence advice.

Why would it matter?

1) my life. I can choose WHEN and WHOM I clue in on my condition/pregnancy.

2) I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't work out while pregnant. It isn't healthy to start an exercise routine mid pregnancy, which brings us to three

3) my pregnancy is NOW my routine will start after I have my baby. SO it REALLY doesn't MATTER. The advice the men gave me will work fine. I can ask for advice WHENEVER I WANT and put it to use WHENEVER I WANT.

4) read the whole thread. In one of my comments I DO tell about my pregnancy.

Edit:
    My condition has absolutely nothing to do with if cutting or bulking is more important.

Why would I repeat my other post (about my condition) when OBVIOUSLY it is easliy accessible?

Can you read my other posts and honestly say that it COMPLETELY rids this post of my needing it?

I had a question, that I found my condition to be irrelevant, so I posted it here.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!! My condition doesn't define me, so I'm not going to say "hey, my name is Kelsey-the-wheelchair-girl"... You don't introduce yourself with "hello, I'm dyslexic and Christian" or whatever.
    Last edited by KiloDeltaGolf; 03-13-2014 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Didn't address everything.

And FYI, this pertains to my condition. The muscle atrophy causes me to not "nave enough to spare"

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why would it matter?

1) my life. I can choose WHEN and WHOM I clue in on my condition/pregnancy.

2) I'm not an idiot, I wouldn't work out while pregnant. It isn't healthy to start an exercise routine mid pregnancy, which brings us to three

3) my pregnancy is NOW my routine will start after I have my baby. SO it REALLY doesn't MATTER. The advice the men gave me will work fine. I can ask for advice WHENEVER I WANT and put it to use WHENEVER I WANT.

4) read the whole thread. In one of my comments I DO tell about my pregnancy.

Edit:
    My condition has absolutely nothing to do with if cutting or bulking is more important.

Why would I repeat my other post (about my condition) when OBVIOUSLY it is easliy accessible?

Can you read my other posts and honestly say that it COMPLETELY rids this post of my needing it?

I had a question, that I found my condition to be irrelevant, so I posted it here.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST!! My condition doesn't define me, so I'm not going to say "hey, my name is Kelsey-the-wheelchair-girl"... You don't introduce yourself with "hello, I'm dyslexic and Christian" or whatever.

But your condition will greatly influence the advice we can give you. You also didn't mention that you're extremely overweight. Which also will determine advice. Your reference to dyslexic or Christian has nothing to do with physical capabilities, so no, we wouldn't need to know that.

If you want advice it's important to list all medical conditions that would affect working out/dieting