BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10) BroKnowsFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What Slam Balls Would You Consider For Your Garage Gym or Studio?

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing great and reaching your fitness goals daily! I always post here when it comes time for me to make a decision on fitness equipment cause I appreciate the insight, suggestions and feedback you all give.

Today I have begun my search for Slam Balls. I am looking to get a few different weight increments/sizes of Slam Balls and have been a bit overwhelmed by the large selection of manufacturers and products out there on the market. I plan on incorporating them into my dynamic training and will be using them while I do crossfit style movements in my garage gym.

I have always used whatever is available at the gyms that I train at. However, now that I am spending my hard earned cash and this purchase will be for my garage gym/training studio, I want to be sure that I am spending my money with the right Slam Ball.

I have a line up of units I am considering. I am sure there are others out there to consider too, so if you do have a suggestion or opinion please feel free to let me know.

Valor Fitness Slam Balls:
    http://www.ironcompany.com/search.aspx?find=valor+slam
    These units are available from 10-50 in 5 lb increments. Are textured for better grip and are non-bouncing units and range in diameter from 9" to 10".

Apollo Fitness Slam Balls:
    http://www.ironcompany.com/search.aspx?find=apollo+slam
    I found it strange, however, the Apollo units start with a 6 lb unit and then go from 10 to 30 lbs in 5 lbs increments. These units are also in the 9" to 10" diameter, depending on the weight increment chosen. These slam balls are also textured slightly to help with gripping.

Ironcompany The Slammer Slam Balls:
    http://www.ironcompany.com/search.as...ompany+Slammer
    Here's where things start to get interesting. These guys "Just say no to Corks"! They have eliminated the cork. Many current products used for the slam ball movement make use of a plastic rim and cork system. Slamming a ball repeatedly at the wrong angle will cause the product to fail at or near the rim. Units come in 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 pounds and 10" diameter for the 35, 40, and 50 pounds without the use of a cork system.

D-Ball Heavy Balls and Slam Balls:
    http://www.ironcompany.com/search.aspx?find=DBall
    The D-Balls come in a Non-Bounce and a Semi-Bounce variety and the sizes come in a wide weight range: 8 lbs - 120 lbs with sizes in diameter from 8" to 12" based on ball weight increment.

Here's my confusion:
    All these Slam Balls look the same to me. I can understand they would vary in weight and in color, however, is there something I should be looking for when it comes to buying slam balls? Characteristics of the Slam Balls I should choose?

I am intrigued with The Slammer Slam Ball units since they make mention that they elliminate the use of corks/cork systems that cause Slam Balls to fail down the line. Have any of you ever heard of cork systems for slam balls? Do they tend to cause a problem (corks/units with corks)?

I like the fact that the D-Ball units go up past a typical 50 lb unit into sizes from 60 to 120 if needed. Not sure if I see the need past 50 lbs, however, I guess that would be determined on the person and movement. Do you think there are many dynamic based movements where I will need to consider larger size/weight increment units?

So again, if any of you all have Slam Ball information and tips I should consider before buying please let me know. Also, if you have other lines you want to recommend please do so. Thanks again for lending your support everyone!

tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tiwg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Valor, Appolo, etc act as importers, not manufactures. The D-ball is a US-made product. The balls themselves are basically a rubber shell filled with regular or iron sand. Perhaps you could consider warranty in your decision if durability is a consideration. Rogue has a few different lines of slam balls with 2 and 3 year warranties whereas the Valor is 1 year warranty.

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't really have much insight other than if I were looking for a slam ball one of the things I would inquire about is material thickness. Either way a good warranty would be high in considering which one to go with.

Repped for doing your legwork and writing a well thought out post. That isn't usually the case around here lately.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Skyaura is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a couple of Muscle Driver USA slam balls. No issues and comes with a three year warranty. Here is a link:
    http://www.muscledriverusa.com/MD-Slam-Balls_c_345.html

Rage Fitness also has a three year warranty with their slam balls. No experience with them, but I have a couple of their medicine balls and have been pleased. Here is a link:
    http://www.ragefitness.com/inventory.asp?CatId={E10F7981-B3FF-46C4-90A8-79EA5F560F6B}

Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Relogic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a D-Ball and love it.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If I were to buy slam balls, I'd probably go with the MuscleDriver ones.