Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When I squat, my knees are going to BURST!

Let me explain the title,

I have recently started to go deeper on my squats(past parallel), but my knees feel like they're going to burst from the pressure. I think it might be because flexibility or perhaps my weight, 250lbs. I always thought my form sufficient, feet close to shoulder width, chin up, etc.

Does anyone else feel a lot of pressure on the knees? I'm scared of some sort of tear or injury? is this normal?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Ganning View Post

I have recently started to go deeper on my squats(past parallel), but my knees feel like they're going to burst from the pressure. I think it might be because flexibility or perhaps my weight, 250lbs. I always thought my form sufficient, feet close to shoulder width, chin up, etc.

Does anyone else feel a lot of pressure on the knees? I'm scared of some sort of tear or injury? is this normal?
    I have no way of knowing what you're feeling, so I have no way of knowing if it's normal.

Probably your best course of action would be to post a couple of vids (one from the side to include your foot and the full ROM of the bar path, and one from front or back) of you Squatting your regular working weight for 4-6 reps. That way, if you have any form issues, they can be corrected or, if your form is already good, you can proceed with little/no fear of injury.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

I agree with posting a video. Another thing you can try is warming up on a machine leg press. Set the leg press seat so that your ass is almost touching your ankles at the bottom. Then do light weight high reps warm up. I find this helps a lot so I can go deep on squat without all the stiffness.

That's the arm I fap with Critter5592's Avatar
    Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Critter5592 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could be due to tight hips - I know that was the issue for me at least. I know foot placement can play a role in this as well. Your best bet is to upload videos as previously mentioned. In the mean time I would suggest staying light and stretching/foam rolling daily. Consider some ankle mobility as well. Too many factors to give a legit answer without video.

whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) whyser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are your knees in line with your feet? A lot of times under heavy load, the knees tend to buckle in towards each other. This will cause a lot of sheering force that will put a lot of strain on your knees, potentially tearing your ACL (not easy to tear though).

Have you tried deep squats without weight to see if you are even flexible enough to do the movement properly?

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It's almost for sure your form which could be hindered by flexibility/mobility. It's unlikely it has anything to do with your weight.

No way of knowing without seeing your squat though.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    When people complain about knee issues I generally assume they have a lot of knee travel either forward or inward. Video
    Experience, not just theory

Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ganning will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Guess I gotta post a vid. Thanks for the quick replies.

lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lepmw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Guess I gotta post a vid. Thanks for the quick replies.

Agreed with posting vid. Most times when knee pain occurs, it's from knees travelling too far forward. Weight should be kept on your heels keeping the hips and knees back as you descend. Proper squat technique will require you to use your posterior chain muscles ie glutes, hams, and spinal erectors. Not your quadriceps or be more quad dominant while squatting.
    Current

Weight 169lbs

Bench 305lbs
    Squat 455lbs
    Deadlift 525lbs