ZJmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New here just started NROLFW

Hey ladies, I'm a long time lurker here and finally decided to join. I'm a former high school athlete and have stuck to going to the gym off and on for the past 10 years. I lost my way for awhile after having 2 kids and tried P90x and insanity to try to get back in shape. I work out from home and decided to buy "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" because I am getting tired of P90x. I went to school for Health and Exercise Science, but haven't put anything I've learned into practice for several years because I'm a SAHM right now. I really enjoy lifting, interval training, and running, but my issue is FOOD! I've always been fairly thin and never tracked my calories before. I know that diet is 80% of the fitness equation, so I want to start tracking my calories and macros to get the best results possible. I have a few questions so that I can get started off on the right track:

1. I am not sure about my BF%. Based on my height, weight, and waist measurements, body space put me at 19% (I know this is not an accurate measurement). Based on my pics from my profile, do you think this is a decent measurement?

2. I want to gain muscle. The diet section of NROLFW was pretty vague on the amount of calories I should be consuming. It put me at 1,950 calories for non workout days and 2,194 for active workout days. Does this sound about right? (Resting Metabolic Rate: 1,219)

3. The book is also vague on macronutrient needs. Should I follow 40%carbs, 30%fats, and 30%protein?

Sorry for asking so my questions! I really want to make the most of my efforts to see the best results possible. I know there are a ton of very knowledgeable women here!

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. My guess would be 20-23%. But it doesn't really matter.
    2. NROL4W's calorie calculation is TDEE (maintain your current weight). To gain muscle/weight, add ~250 calories/day
    3. 40/30/30 isn't a bad split but it's not golden either. Get enough protein (for bulking I would say ~1.5-2g per pound of bodyweight is a safe bet) and enough fat (~65-80 g) and fill the rest as you like. I usually end up more around 40% fat, 30% protein, 30% carbs and haven't had any problem making progress.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

ZJmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is 1.5-2 grams protein per lb body weight a little high? The book says 1 g/lb is on the high side.