Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Grind 2 Greatness: Operation Pro Card

What's up Bodybuilding.com?!?!?!

About me
    First off, allow me to introduce myself. The name is Jordan Prater. 21 years old. Natural, competitive bodybuilder. This upcoming season will actually be my first, so I'm a rookie!!! However, with that being said, it doesn't stop me from setting out to earn my pro card in my first season! I am currently 8 & 10 weeks out from my shows (April 26th & May 17th), both of which are PRO QUALIFIERS!!!

Now, about my prep...I am a member of Hollywood Militia & I'm being coached by Marc "The Machine" Lobliner! Let me take a brief moment to express my gratitude towards Marc. He is an amazing coach, but more importantly, an amazing person/father/husband! We started prep 10 weeks ago (20 weeks out) and I've never looked, felt, or performed better! If you look at my pics, you will see that it's UNREAL to be this far out & have the condition I have. That's what we do at Hollywood Militia...OWN conditioning!!! I mean...I have striated glutes already LOL!

Anyways, we've been at prep for 10 weeks & have 8/10 more weeks to go! I decided to log my last 10 weeks, & share my progress with all that decide to jump in on this!

So, what can you expect in this log:
    1. Detailed updates on my training, nutrition, cardio, and supplementation.
    2. Weekly posing pics/videos.
    3. Training videos.
    4. Recipes & epic food pics!!! (I can THROW DOWN in the kitchen LOL)
    5. Allllll kiiiiinnddzzz of EPICNESS!!!

I also thought I'd share the training-related goals I wrote down earlier this year: (Short-Term to Long-Term)
    1. WIN my pro card!!!
    2. Become a sponsored athlete
    3. Land a photo shoot/magazine spread
    4. Land a magazine cover
    5. Publish my own bodybuilding.com trainer

I've always been a HUGE believer in sitting down, visualizing & writing out your goals, having a plan to reach those goals, & carrying out that plan! Work hard, take smart risks, and give 100% effort!!! You can't lose with that mentality !

Now, let's get into this!!!

Training:
    I am on the Machine Optimal Growth Split, designed by my coach - Marc Lobliner. You can find this program online, for FREE, & he actually did a YouTube video going over the split. The split is obviously tweaked for me, with an added "weak-point" day thrown in.

Here's the split:
    Monday - Legs (quad/strength emphasis) & calves
    Tuesday - Push (chest, delts, triceps) & abs
    Wednesday - Pull (back, traps, biceps)
    Thursday - Legs (hypertrophy emphasis) & calves
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Upper Body (hypertrophy emphasis) & abs
    Sunday - Chest (weak-point training)

Progression - On my main compound movements, I start off with a warm-up set of 10-15 reps, then I add a little more weight & do 10-15 more reps as a feeder-set, & then I do two max sets where I work in the 6-12 rep range. Once I reach 12 reps with a given weight, I will then add 10 lbs & work my way back up to 12 reps. On the last set of my compound movements, I use the same weight I used for my second set & do it for 10-15 reps. On my other exercises, I also progress by reaching the max amount of reps & then adding 5-10 lbs (depending on exercise).

*Note - Cardio is at 7x per week right now

Macros:
    Will post in daily updates.

Supplements
    1. Whey Protein
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Multi-Vitamin
    4. Creatine Monohydrate
    5. BCAA's
    6. Pre-Workout
    7. Fat Burner

Once again, thanks to all who decide to follow me on my Grind 2 Greatness. With that being said...it's time to chase greatness & HULLLKKK ITTTT UPPPP!!!!
    Last edited by JPbodybuilder; 03-13-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/JPBodybuilding

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160659441

Mark 12:30 - "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength."

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    JP, Marc is amazing. He's done such great things for the sport. Looking forward to following this thread. Good luck to all your endeavors!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll be following along for sure. This might be the first log by an athlete coached by Marc. Interested to see how it goes.

That being said, cardio 7 days a week at 10 weeks out? - No thanks jeff lol
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10) JPbodybuilder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Monday - 3/10/14
    Weight = 159 lbs

Macros:
    P = 170g
    C = 140g
    F = 50g

Legs (Quad/Strength Emphasis)
    1. Squats / 10-15 (warm-up), 10-15 (warm-up), 2 x 6-12, 10-15 (using the same weight as set #2)
    95x15, 135x12, 185x12, 195x12, 135x15
    *These felt great! I placed my heels on 5 lb plates, to shift more emphasis on quads. I'm going to slowly progress & focus on form first!

2. Leg Press / 3 x 6-12
    180x12 (2 45's per side), 270x12 (3 plates per side), 360x12 (4 plates per side)
    *Had a great pump from these! Did slow negatives, ALLLL the way down, & didn't lock out at the top. Kept tension on quads the entire time & had my feet close together, with toes pointed out slightly.

3. Hack Squats / 1 x 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    50x15, 90x12, 140x10
    *On these, I go all the way down & pause for a second...then come back up. Vascularity was sick at this point!

4. DB SLDL / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 10-15
    50x15, 60x15, 70x15, 80x15
    *Felt strong on these today! I go all the way down, bent knees slightly, & come 3/4 the way back up to keep tension on hams!

5. Lying Leg Curls / 3 x 6-12
    30x12, 40x12, 50x8
    *Hamstrings were destroyed at this point, but got a great pump from these!

6. Leg Extensions / 3 x 6-12
    20kg x 12, 30kg x 12, 40kg x 12
    *This really blew my quads up LOL...felt amazing!

7. Standing Calf Raise / 3 x 6-12
    70x12, 90x12, 115x10
    *I pause for a second at the bottom, and flex for a second at the top...really focus on form & getting a good stretch

Notes:
    - Amazing training session! 10/10 for sure!!!
    - Strength was good, energy was high, & focus was through the roof! Had a sick pump & vascularity is really starting to come out in my quads!
    - Cardio was 45 min. MISS on the elliptical

I attached pics of quads/hams, taken during training! I can't wait till' I can embed pics within the post.

Misc:
    - Training song of the day = Ambition by Wale
    - Made some EPIC Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana pancakes! Will post recipe!
    Last edited by JPbodybuilder; 03-12-2014 at 04:36 AM.
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Mark 12:30 - "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength."

IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000) IK9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you have a YouTube channel?

Originally Posted by IK9 View Post
    Do you have a YouTube channel?
    Not yet! Hopefully I will NEXT weekend
    Last edited by JPbodybuilder; 03-11-2014 at 10:20 AM.
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In on this - good luck taking care of business the next 10 weeks!

RECIPE TIME!!!!!!!!

Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana PREPCAKES

Ingredients:
    1 scoop MTS Whey (chocolate)
    1/3 cup egg whites or "All Whites"
    1 whole egg
    2 oz. Banana (or half of a banana)
    2 tblsp almond milk
    3g baking powder
    Cinnamon

Toppings:
    Walden Farms Pancake Syrup
    All Natty Peanut Butter

Instructions:
    1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
    2. Heat a non-stick griddle/skillet on medium-high
    3. Pour on batter
    4. When they start to bubble...flip em'!
    5. Add toppings!!!

Macros:
    Protein - 44g
    Carbs - 23g
    Fat - 17g

As you see, the macros are LEGIT, especially if you're on dem poverty macrooozzz (like me) LOL! Obviously, fat can be lowered by scaling back or removing peanut butter...but that would also remove the epicness lol.

I attached a pic of the epic PREPCAKES!

Would you all like to see a video recipe of these?

I wish I could post pics within the forum! Soon...

Remember, follow me on Instagram @JPbodybuilder for more recipes/pics!
    Attached Images
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    In on this - good luck taking care of business the next 10 weeks!
    @demonwareltd Thanks bruhtha!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    JP, Marc is amazing. He's done such great things for the sport. Looking forward to following this thread. Good luck to all your endeavors!
    @hossjob yes! He is one cool dude! Does tons for the fitness community!!! Thank you sir, & likewise!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    I'll be following along for sure. This might be the first log by an athlete coached by Marc. Interested to see how it goes.

That being said, cardio 7 days a week at 10 weeks out? - No thanks jeff lol
    @jpfaherty well it's an honor to be the first! I can't wait to show all what he can do!!! Yeah lol, we've been at 7 days a week for a while now...I actually don't mind it!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on this!!!

JP is right...this is a first for BB.com.

I am definitely in to see what Lobliner brings through prep.
    "The code of Bushido is harsh and relentless."

Olympic Lifting Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158765663

Originally Posted by TakedaShingen View Post
    In on this!!!

JP is right...this is a first for BB.com.

I am definitely in to see what Lobliner brings through prep.
    @TakedaShingen Awesome!!! You will see the nasty, disgusting condition he brings me in!!!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Tuesday - 3/11/14
    Weight = 159 lbs

Macros:
    P = 170g
    C = 140g
    F = 50g

Training - Push
    1. Flat Barbell Bench Press / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12, 10-15 (using same weight as set #2)
    95x15, 125x12, 145x12, 155x12, 125x12
    *These felt great! I haven't done flat barbell bench in forever, but I decided to work it back in. I was up to 255 for my top single in the off-season, so I've lost some strength...but then again, I'm 10 weeks out & this is the first time doing these in ages. I will slowly progress, and focus on keeping solid form!

2. DB Incline Bench Press / 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    40x15, 50x12, 60x11
    *Wanted 12 reps on that last set, but couldn't get it. I should have stopped at 10 & left a rep in the tank, but it's no biggie! I will go for 12 reps with the 60's next week!

3. Standing Barbell OHP / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    65x12, 75x12, 85x8, 85x8
    *This is the first time doing these since the off-season as well, but I love the way these feel compared to the seated DB press...so I wanted to work them back in. I started off too heavy LOL, but I was doing 135x10 on these back in the off-season, so I thought it'd be an easy warm-up...I was wrong LOL. Like the bench, I will slowly progress, focusing on form!

4. Standing DB Lateral Raises / 3 x 6-12
    20x12, 25x12, 30x8
    *Had a tremendous pump going when I started these, and this added fuel to the fire. I do these by raising the DB's to eye level, turning my thumbs down at the top (like I'm pouring water out of a glass). Focus on form when you do this...weight isn't important!

5. Rope Pressdowns / 3 x 6-15
    30x15, 40x12, 50x8
    *Felt great & had a crazy pump!

6. Seated DB OH Extension / 3 x 6-12
    30x12, 40x12, 50x8
    *I let the DB get real deep here, & focus on getting a nice, deep stretch in my tri's. Tri's were destroyed after these, & vascularity was sick!

Abs:
    1. Reverse Crunch / 3 x 15-25
    BWx25, BWx25, BWx25

2. Seated Rope Crunch (using lat pulldown machine) / 3 x 15-25
    50x25, 50x25, 50x25

Notes:
    - Great session overall! I would give it a 9/10!
    - Cardio was 45 min. MISS on the stationary bike

Misc:
    - Training song of the day = Never Never (Awolnation Remix) by Korn
    - I will review a non-stim, pre-workout later this week for y'all. The last two training sessions I've taken it & had sick pumps & crazy vascularity (which is mostly due to my conditioning) but nonetheless...I think this product is epic so far!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good **** playa!

And for those wondering, there is a method to this and he will kill the stage with fullness and be harder than Peter North on Cialis!
    Marc Lobliner
    Owner of MTS Nutrition and EthiTech Nutrition
    www.********.com/marclobliner
    www.twitter.com/marclobliner
    mlobliner@gmail.com

Free Book!
    www.fatlossfactorbook.com

TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TakedaShingen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JPbodybuilder View Post
    Tuesday - 3/11/14
    Weight = 159 lbs

Macros:
    P = 170g
    C = 140g
    F = 50g

Training - Push
    1. Flat Barbell Bench Press / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12, 10-15 (using same weight as set #2)
    95x15, 125x12, 145x12, 155x12, 125x12
    *These felt great! I haven't done flat barbell bench in forever, but I decided to work it back in. I was up to 255 for my top single in the off-season, so I've lost some strength...but then again, I'm 10 weeks out & this is the first time doing these in ages. I will slowly progress, and focus on keeping solid form!

2. DB Incline Bench Press / 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    40x15, 50x12, 60x11
    *Wanted 12 reps on that last set, but couldn't get it. I should have stopped at 10 & left a rep in the tank, but it's no biggie! I will go for 12 reps with the 60's next week!

3. Standing Barbell OHP / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    65x12, 75x12, 85x8, 85x8
    *This is the first time doing these since the off-season as well, but I love the way these feel compared to the seated DB press...so I wanted to work them back in. I started off too heavy LOL, but I was doing 135x10 on these back in the off-season, so I thought it'd be an easy warm-up...I was wrong LOL. Like the bench, I will slowly progress, focusing on form!

4. Standing DB Lateral Raises / 3 x 6-12
    20x12, 25x12, 30x8
    *Had a tremendous pump going when I started these, and this added fuel to the fire. I do these by raising the DB's to eye level, turning my thumbs down at the top (like I'm pouring water out of a glass). Focus on form when you do this...weight isn't important!

5. Rope Pressdowns / 3 x 6-15
    30x15, 40x12, 50x8
    *Felt great & had a crazy pump!

6. Seated DB OH Extension / 3 x 6-12
    30x12, 40x12, 50x8
    *I let the DB get real deep here, & focus on getting a nice, deep stretch in my tri's. Tri's were destroyed after these, & vascularity was sick!

Abs:
    1. Reverse Crunch / 3 x 15-25
    BWx25, BWx25, BWx25

2. Seated Rope Crunch (using lat pulldown machine) / 3 x 15-25
    50x25, 50x25, 50x25

Notes:
    - Great session overall! I would give it a 9/10!
    - Cardio was 45 min. MISS on the stationary bike

Misc:
    - Training song of the day = Never Never (Awolnation Remix) by Korn
    - I will review a non-stim, pre-workout later this week for y'all. The last two training sessions I've taken it & had sick pumps & crazy vascularity (which is mostly due to my conditioning) but nonetheless...I think this product is epic so far!

I really appreciate the focus you have for positive form and not just being concerned with moving big numbers. This is surely the path to success.

Keep grindin, brotha.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Originally Posted by MarcLobliner View Post
    Good **** playa!

And for those wondering, there is a method to this and he will kill the stage with fullness and be harder than Peter North on Cialis!
    The muthafukin Machine in the building!!!

About time we saw someone from your crew prepping in here.

In for the method.
    In more for the madness.

Olympic Lifting Log:

MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000) MarcLobliner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The muthafukin Machine in the building!!!

About time we saw someone from your crew prepping in here.

In for the method.
    In more for the madness.
    I like to keep the focus on the client, not on me. I get enough attention and they are doing the work, I am just looking at pics LOL.

Jordan is a warrior and will bring the ugly. Ugly is good by the way.
    Marc Lobliner
    mlobliner@gmail.com

Free Book!

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like to keep the focus on the client, not on me. I get enough attention and they are doing the work, I am just looking at pics LOL.

Good way to run your business! Hope to learn a lot about your methods thru this log since there's SO many different variations to getting shredded
    advertising not permitted

Agreed, but all your top coaches have a little different take on the way prep is approached.

We've seen your 3dmjs, Layne Nortons, Paul Revelias, Team Demon, etc etc...

I'm curious to see your differentials in programming, diet, and cardio, in an effort to get our boy here to the stage.

His attitude is great and his head is on straight is seems, so through his efforts, I'll get to see how you work.

Get em, KID!!!!!! Shreddsville like a mofo in dis b*tch!!!

Olympic Lifting Log:

Good **** playa!

@MarcLobliner ahhhhhhhhhh mannnn, coach is in the HOUSE!!! It just got REAL!!! LOL...the stage will be OWNED!!!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

I really appreciate the focus you have for positive form and not just being concerned with moving big numbers. This is surely the path to success.

Keep grindin, brotha.
    @TakedaShingen thanks man!!! I'm a big believer in form over weight. I'm a bodybuilder...not a weightlifter!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

@MarcLobliner thanks coach!!! You deserve more credit than you take! A house can't be build without a successful blueprint!!!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    Good way to run your business! Hope to learn a lot about your methods thru this log since there's SO many different variations to getting shredded
    @NaturalPursuit thanks for checking in! Now be prepared for EPICNESS!!!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

@TakedaShingen thanks man!!! I'm a big believer in form over weight. I'm a bodybuilder...not a weightlifter!
    I AM a weightlifter.

And I still believe in form > weight.

Weight will come once form is tight. Part of lifting in my world is not only moving weight, but moving it effectively.

Olympic Lifting Log:

Agreed, but all your top coaches have a little different take on the way prep is approached.

We've seen your 3dmjs, Layne Nortons, Paul Revelias, Team Demon, etc etc...

I'm curious to see your differentials in programming, diet, and cardio, in an effort to get our boy here to the stage.

His attitude is great and his head is on straight is seems, so through his efforts, I'll get to see how you work.

Get em, KID!!!!!! Shreddsville like a mofo in dis b*tch!!!
    @TakedaShingen thanks for the kind, motivating words my friend! Destination SHREDZZZVILLLEEE in full effect!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

I AM a weightlifter.

And I still believe in form > weight.

Weight will come once form is tight. Part of lifting in my world is not only moving weight, but moving it effectively.
    @TakedaShingen well, I do believe in adding weight to the bar & progressing...I just can't stand "ego lifting". I agree 100%, moving weight vs. moving weight effectively are two different things, that will yield two different results!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

@MarcLobliner thanks coach!!! You deserve more credit than you take! A house can't be build without a successful blueprint!!!
    All I need is for YOU to win a pro card
    Marc Lobliner
    mlobliner@gmail.com

Free Book!

All I need is for YOU to win a pro card
    You know I will do EVERYTHING I can to do so! I know you are doing everything YOU can to make sure I accomplish that!
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log:

Wednesday - 3/12/14 (7.5/9.5 weeks out)
    Weight = 159.9

Macros
    P = 170g
    C = 180g
    F = 50g

*Macros were changed today!

Coach sent excellent news my way today, by letting me know that my carbs were going to be RAISED!!! I can't tell you how this made me feel LOL! I've been on pretty low carbs the last couple of weeks, & while 180g may not seem like much...it is to me!I was like a different person when I received this news & it literally made my day LOL. I can honestly diet happily on 180g carbs, & felt phenomenal with the raise!

Training - Pull
    1) Bent-Over Barbell Row / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12, 10-15 (using same weight as set #2)
    95x15, 125x12, 140x12, 150x12, 125x15
    *These felt FANTASTIC!!! My form on these are solid, & I love the contraction I get doing these!

2) Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    50x15, 72.5x12, 90x12, 100x12
    *These felt great! I normally like using a neutral-grip, or an underhand-grip, but decided to go wide-grip today to hit my lats from a different angle. On my second set, I accidentally placed a 2.5 on one side, & a 5 on the other (hate when that happens). Nonetheless, these felt good & added to my already sick pump!

3) DB One-Arm Row / 3 x 6-12
    55x12, 65x12, 75x12
    *I LOVE these!!! One of my favorite lat exercises, & if done correctly, will add TONS of thickness to your lats. I am pretty strong on these, & I like to raise my working-side hip (to get a little more ROM). I feel these working my lower lats tremendously!

4) Behind-The-Back Barbell Shrugs / 10-15, 10-15, 2 x 6-12
    95x15, 135x15, 160x12, 170x12
    *I hold all my shrugs for 3 seconds at the top, & SQUEEZE!!! Doing shrugs with the 3 second holds will BLOW your traps up! I like doing these behind-the-back to hit the traps from a different angle. Had a sick trap pump after these!

5) DB Hammer Curls (cross-body) / 3 x 6-12
    20x12, 25x12, 30x8
    *This is one of my favorite exercises for the biceps, & it's actually targeting your brachialis (the ball between your bicep & tricep). I really feel these working my brachialis & love the pump I get from these! I do all my reps on one-arm at a time, & then switch to the other arm. I let my arm fully extend at the bottom, & then perform the curl, while squeezing the DB as hard I can.

6) Machine Preacher Curls / 3 x 6-12
    *35x12, 45x12, 55x8
    *Epic pump after doing these! Vascularity was insane at this point! I keep my wrists supinated (wrists up) throughout the entire movement. I like to do one exercise for the biceps with complete supination, & then a hammer curl variation to work the brachialis. Next week, I'll mix it up & do a DB curl (supination), followed by a rope hammer curl (brachialis).

Cardio
    11 min. of HIIT, followed by 20 min. MISS on the stationary bike

*Cardio was changed today!
    My cardio was also dropped a bit today (duration, still at 7x per week). I have no problems with doing cardio, but I'm not going to complain when it's lowered a bit!

Notes:
    - Another solid training session, that I would def. give a 9.5/10!!!
    - The non-stim pre-workout I was telling y'all about delivered again, & I had a sick pump, crazy vascularity, & solid strength! I'll do a final review at the end of the week!
    - Today was one of the best days since prep started (mostly because of the carb raise LOL) but I just felt amazing today! I've been feeling phenomenal all week, & I'm really dialing it in! Can't wait to step on stage & BRING IT!!!

Misc:
    - Training song of the day was Reckless by Trae Tha Truth! Sick beat with a solid flow!
    - I attached some pics that I took, post-training. I wish I didn't have to attach them, and could post them within the forum...but that will change soon!
    Attached Images
    Team Hollywood Militia

Instagram:
    @JPbodybuilder

YouTube:

Twitter:
    @JPbodybuilder92

Contest Prep Log: