Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anybody with a body-solid rack please reply :)

I want to turn half my garage into a gym. I need a powerrack, adjustable bench with leg curl/extension attachment, olympic bar and plates, and dumbells. But this all centers around the powerrack with lat attachment. I've found a store locally that sells the bottom of the line body solid power rack with lat attachment (the kind that takes plates - not a stack setup) for about $500. The internal width of it is 41", which I think is sufficient.

Is there anything similar in quality for even cheaper (including shipping if I get from the net!)? The quality of body solid seems pretty decent from what I can tell.

*UPDATE* I've narrowed my choice down to either this: http://www.bodysolid.co.uk/asp/produ...rchFor=&PT_ID= for $290 from a local store (they are giving me awesome prices on other equipment since I'll be buynig a bunch all at once), or this: http://www.bodysolid.co.uk/asp/produ...rchFor=&PT_ID= for $400

Do I need the $400 one? In terms of the amount of weight I'm likely to be using rest assured I won't be putting 500 lbs on that anytime soon (ever). I'm 5,11" which gives you an indication of the width I'm likely to use for bench/military press. Thanks! I do like a solid rack though - I'm just not sure where $110 comes into play. Unfortunately the store I'm going through doesn't have these particular racks in stock.
    Last edited by Skoorbmax; 08-25-2003 at 01:10 PM.

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's a good rack, but skip the lat crap - pullups/chins on the rack, and rows with a barbell or dumbbell.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skoorbmax is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    That's a good rack, but skip the lat crap - pullups/chins on the rack, and rows with a barbell or dumbbell.
    Disagree; lat pull downs with a close grip are far and away my favorite excercise. Nothing other than over the head dumbells give me such a good lat stretch. I regularly do chinups (though being able to do only 14 the first set, and the fact that endurance is a big problem with them, they are difficult to incorporate later into the workout), but I've never personally found dumbell rows to be particularly useful. My lats happen to be my best body part (doesn't say much, but still!) and I attribute that almost solely to close grip heavy cable pull downs. They ruin rows for range of motion.

Message Board King holyshinto63's Avatar
    holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) holyshinto63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    or you could just get a dip belt and do weighed chin ups/pull ups...so yes lat pulldowns are not needed
    and what exactly is a dream, and what exactly is a joke?

Originally posted by holyshinto63
    or you could just get a dip belt and do weighed chin ups/pull ups...so yes lat pulldowns are not needed
    Did you read my post? I said I can do only 14 reps first set of pullups. That would drop to 9ish for the second set and 6-7 for the third. How is weighted dips going to help me raise up the number of reps I can do? If I don't incorporate chinups/pullups into my lat workout at the very beginning I am not strong enough to put them in later. And, frankly, 14 reps ain't too bad so it's not really so much a downfall of my own development but rather the exercise - it's very difficult. A cable pull down lets you mimic it with less resistance and that's always a great ability to have.

Wink

I updated my first post! Thanks for any input...And, to make you guys happy, I'm skimping on the lat pulldown at least for now

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    bump i have it and i love it...

Originally posted by scott_donald
    bump i have it and i love it...
    Which one?

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by Skoorbmax
    Which one?
    the lower weighted one- 1000lb one it great best buy i have ever had...

the lower weighted one- 1000lb one it great best buy i have ever had...
    Hey, Scott i sent you a personal message. They are hard to see i guess - from the dropdown list of forums pick personal messages, if you want to answer it

Hey, Scott i sent you a personal message. They are hard to see i guess - from the dropdown list of forums pick personal messages, if you want to answer it
    there is nothing there...

there is nothing there...
    Hmm weird! Well I asked why you bought the 78 instead of the 82. Did you try both? How does the 78 compare to a bigger expensive rack...? have you tried any attachments or anything for it?

Hmm weird! Well I asked why you bought the 78 instead of the 82. Did you try both? How does the 78 compare to a bigger expensive rack...? have you tried any attachments or anything for it?
    iu bought it as in the end i never thought i would need the extra weight- i shopped around and found this to the best imo... I have never tried any attachments as when i train at home i like only using free weights and there is a lack of space, heard it is very good tho... I have the decline bench to match and it is by far the best quality i have seen... i have the bodysolid ab strap things for doing leg raises thats it... i love it you can even do your dips at the top of it... if you have any more questions then just ask...