martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

RPS is moving into Canada

So apparently RPS is going to host a meet in Canada later this year. I dont know if they're just going to hold one meet and leave or actually start holding meets in Canada. Guess its good news for lifters who have always wanted to compete raw with wraps.

*****://www.********.com/#!/revolutionpowerlifting/posts/595599940537266
    My training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129669663

Lifts on IG: martinwongwc

RAWWW turned raw w/ wraps turned SingleplytillIdie

Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd rather not see them come in. Canada has it great with two feds (plus 100% raw, if they even exist anymore). One fed you can aspire to compete at high level meets, having real national and world championships, plus the arnold, commonwealth and such. Then another where you can compete under whatever circumstances you want.

If you want to compete raw w/ wraps, I say just enter the geared division. We don't need to split a fed, one that only hosts 3 or 4 full power meets a year throughout the whole country, any further.

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've heard only good things about RPS. Competing raw w/wraps is something that interests me lol. I'm doing my first meet in the CPF in June, no sleeves or wraps allowed. I could go in the equipped division and use wraps I guess, especially since I'll just be competing against myself for a long time.
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthStrongSC

Main Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155303583

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is great news for you guys up north. RPS runs great meets that cater to the lifters.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) martin_mathers is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i also think its a good thing. CPF is basically only run by one guy in Ontario. 100% Raw doesn't even exist in Ontario anymore.

NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NorthStrong has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by martin_mathers View Post
    i also think its a good thing. CPF is basically only run by one guy in Ontario. 100% Raw doesn't even exist in Ontario anymore.
    I'm not sure how much of a presence the CPU has over here on the East Coast but there's a club in Amherst that puts on CPF meets a few times per year and they're the closest to me, so I'll probably compete there for a while until I am not too weak to feel stupid travelling to a meet.

After seeing a hard workout you may want to complain and want others to pity you for the work you have to do. Your mom will pity you. Your girl will pity you. I may pity you, but your competition will not pity you. They will step on you, walk over you and spit on you. � Boris Sheiko

Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hillclimb95 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    This is great news for you guys up north. RPS runs great meets that cater to the lifters.
    Agreed. Have competed in three with RPS, all have been great, with very consistent judging.
    1636 at 242 Raw 650/352/634

Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50) Squatr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NorthStrong View Post
    I'm not sure how much of a presence the CPU has over here on the East Coast but there's a club in Amherst that puts on CPF meets a few times per year and they're the closest to me, so I'll probably compete there for a while until I am not too weak to feel stupid travelling to a meet.
    PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland each have a provincial meet, plus another open meet, every year. Nationals will be on the east coast in 2015.

Originally Posted by Squatr View Post
    PEI, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland each have a provincial meet, plus another open meet, every year. Nationals will be on the east coast in 2015.
    Well if nationals are around here next year I might compete in that, not fond of having to join the fed and pay etc.

I wish N.B had something...no PL stuff here. Some random small assorted SM stuff though.

Well if nationals are around here next year I might compete in that, not fond of having to join the fed and pay etc.

I wish N.B had something...no PL stuff here. Some random small assorted SM stuff though.
    I wouldn't join if money is an issue just to compete in nationals. Since you'll have to qualify in 2014, then compete at provincials before you can go to nationals in 2015. You're looking at 140 for two years worth of memberships (are you a student? If so only 100), ~50 for an an open meet, ~100 for the provincial, then 100+ for nationals. That's 400, without counting travel expenses.

If you want to be in the CPU for good, absolutely go for it. Their meets are way better than the CPFs (or at least that's my impression from the CPF and CPU meets I've been to), competition is way higher and you have meets more frequently, well if you are willing to hop a pond or two.

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CPU meets are frequent out west here in Alberta. Good competition too.

I wouldn't join if money is an issue just to compete in nationals. Since you'll have to qualify in 2014, then compete at provincials before you can go to nationals in 2015. You're looking at 140 for two years worth of memberships (are you a student? If so only 100), ~50 for an an open meet, ~100 for the provincial, then 100+ for nationals. That's 400, without counting travel expenses.

If you want to be in the CPU for good, absolutely go for it. Their meets are way better than the CPFs (or at least that's my impression from the CPF and CPU meets I've been to), competition is way higher and you have meets more frequently, well if you are willing to hop a pond or two.
    Thanks for the reply brah.

Yeah the added expensives of travel and membership are definitely a turn off for me atm, and yeah I am a student. Good that they give discounts though. Also not fond of the politics that some along with it being an IPF affiliate.

I will compete in the CPU someday, but I'll stick with the CPF for the next few years likely, since there are meets within a 45 min drive of my house, and there's not a membership fee. Quality of competition will matter once I'm competitive .

reps for u

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interesting. I presume it will be in central/eastern Canada. the CPU's reign is pretty much unchallenged out west.
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

cause the IPF is always so much better than everyone else right?

lol seriously though, the only thing that i dont like about the CPU is the membership fee cause im broke as shiit. and i think the RPS meets are gonna be similar to the CPF meets, loud music, monolift, a more "badass" atmosphere, whereas the CPU will always have a more "official" and strict environment, if that makes sense.

Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mike.Moore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I haven't talked to Gene about this, but I would assume that as long as the interest is there, the RPS will continue to have meets in Canada. It will probably be like when he held the first RPS meet in Long Island NY, there was sucha huge turnout and demand he added a second meet in LI and now there are 3 meets a year in LI alone. And they are always 2 days events because of the huge turnout.

RPS is a great fed. Gene and his wife runs the best meets period. As someone mentioned before, consistent judging, very lifter friendly and the best warmup equipment you can ask for. Gene doesn't cheap out on that. Plus, Gene is one of the nicest guys in the sport. I've never seen him not take time out to talk to someone or answer any questions. He gets some haters onlne, but that just proves what a good job he does.

None will be disppointed by competing in the RPS.
    Crom Laughs....

So, how long are you gonna keep powerlifting?

- Until they drain my blood out and fill me with embalming fluid I'm gonna do this....

Captain Kirk Karwoski

You down with D.U.P.? KillerB84's Avatar
    KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just did my first RPS meet this past weekend. By far, the best run meet I've been to.
    DUP Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458133

1530 Raw No Wraps (515/415/600) 12/06/2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eEtGaB3nU

450 Raw Bench Press 03/12/2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3IFMC4cNzA

Really looking forward to competing in an RPS meet then. Like I've said above, and the others have backed up with their own anecdote, I've only heard good things about it. Solid judging and run for the lifters. All you can really ask for haha.

What exactly do people mean when they say a meet is run for the lifters/ lifter friendly? I hear people say this about many feds but I've never really understood what the hell they meant.

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What exactly do people mean when they say a meet is run for the lifters/ lifter friendly? I hear people say this about many feds but I've never really understood what the hell they meant.
    Things are prioritized for the lifters, the warm up room has enough and the right equipment. In RPS you warm up with the same bars and plates used on the platform, the meets are run to make everything go smooth for the lifter so you just have to be concerned with lifting. If you've ever lifted in a bad fed or badly run meet there is a huge difference. You get consistent, fair judging in RPS, the meets are run in a timely fashion, they give you accurate times when your flight is going to lift, etc.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

I think its about the warm up equipment, the time given between attempts, flights and the length of the meet. I compete mainly CPF but there were a couple meets where they had very limited warm up equipment. One time I got to the meet at 8am, did my first squat attempt at 3pm, and pulled my last deadlift attempth at 11:30pm. But since then they have improved A LOT. same warmup equipment as the one used on the platform, and more well-organized.

I think its about the warm up equipment, the time given between attempts, flights and the length of the meet. I compete mainly CPF but there were a couple meets where they had very limited warm up equipment. One time I got to the meet at 8am, did my first squat attempt at 3pm, and pulled my last deadlift attempth at 11:30pm. But since then they have improved A LOT. same warmup equipment as the one used on the platform, and more well-organized.
    u ever compete in amherst's CPF meets brah?

u ever compete in amherst's CPF meets brah?
    oh hell no lol they're way too far. i know they're really well run though.

oh hell no lol they're way too far. i know they're really well run though.
    Haha, yeah I guess it's a bit of a drive for you. You could come and enjoy some seafood though heueheuh. That's cool you've heard they're well run, I haven't heard too much about them from people, but haven't heard anything bad. Looking forward to it though.

CPF now has a raw with wraps division. Doesn't count for actual WPC raw records though. Pretty cool.