ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

New to powerlifting.

Could any of you guys give me the run down for competitions, and when I will be ready? I am very interested in deadlifting comps, but I will work on the other lifts as well, what weight ranges should I shoot for before I try to compete? What kind of rules are there, and so on.

Thank you for any of you generous enough to donate your time to help me and maybe even inspire me.

jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jonnymac81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Powerlifting competitions are all day events that begin with weigh ins the morning of and usually they have one the night before to aid those who cut weight. While on the topic of weight i would honestly just go in at the weight your at the day of the meet for your first one.

I believe one of the threads on here walks you through the actual power lifting competition which goes squat, then bench, then deadlift. In terms of rules for the deadlift as long as you dont "hitch" (use the body to aid the pull) you will be fine. The rules for the deadlift are pretty cut and dry, get it up and lock it out.

Buy a singlet and some chuck taylors and sign up for a meet. I don't think anything on the forums can help you as much as being around guys who powerlift, that being said when you get to your meet BE SOCIAL. Meet new people and pick the minds of those who are stronger than you. Getting yourself around other powerlifters (that know what they are doing) will be the best thing for your training.
    485/280/600 @ 198, Gym Lift 510/325/580

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read this:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5395203

Watch this and its other parts:

You are ready when you can lift the 45 lbs barbell in a competition and can afford the entry fee.
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ErikLeeHayes has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you gentlemen. I will try to find some powerlifters

CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROMAGS1985 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    You are ready when you can afford the entry fee.
    When will Hickson be ready?

Originally Posted by CROMAGS1985 View Post
    When will Hickson be ready?
    who is hickson? fill me in on this (what seems like a joke maybe?)

seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I think it was HamburgerTrain who said to do a meet as soon as possible. Establish your first total, and then build it from there!

And if your stats are right you would be 275+lb Weight Class, Open Division, Raw.

Raw in most feds is Belt, Knee Sleeves, Wrist Wraps. Dont forget your singlet.

Again dont forget your singlet, I forgot my singlet my first meet. lol
    562.5kg / 1240lbs @242
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165014451&p=1311171201#post1311171201

seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) seepatlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is another A+ article to help you out on the logistics and how to pick attempts.

http://forum.reactivetrainingsystems...or-your-Opener

I will say ANOTHER huge newbie mistake is not bring enough food and water to last you ALL day. By second and third deadlifts guys are looking weak and tired, and usually because at that point they are just not hydrating/eating.

So bring a few gallons of water, gatorade/pedialyte, foods you normally eat (wouldnt bring anything new or weird, dont wanna poo your singlet bro).
    562.5kg / 1240lbs @242
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165014451&p=1311171201#post1311171201

Originally Posted by seepatlift View Post

I will say ANOTHER huge newbie mistake is not bring enough food and water to last you ALL day. By second and third deadlifts guys are looking weak and tired, and usually because at that point they are just not hydrating/eating.

So bring a few gallons of water, gatorade/pedialyte, foods you normally eat (wouldnt bring anything new or weird, dont wanna poo your singlet bro).
    This sounds almost like a wrestling meet. Singlet, and having proper hydration and nutrition all day.

Pooing the singlet is priceless. Haha