Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for Rich Diet For my Needs

Ill start out by saying, I am kindly new to working out, Not as a whole, But for the most part.
    But here is some of the supplements I take and what I weigh etc.

I am:
    Age 21, 115 lbs, And 5'8.

On work out days I take:
    Pre-Workout Drink ->BCAA's During Work-Out-> 2:1:1 Recovery After.

I am having problems gaining weight and getting the proper amount of calories and macro's I need to establish the body I want.
    I know nutrition is a key factor in gaining weight and muscle and or mass.
    My problem is,well, For one, I am a mechanic so eating six times a day is kinda hard for me.
    Which I think its really troubling trying to find something rich to eat "on the go" so to speak in a very fast paced enviroment.
    My second problem is i am not very good at knowing what I am actually taking in (fats, carbs etc)

The question I am getting at is, What can i eat that is rich in calories and is quick an easy to fix or eat.
    Secondly, I am trying to figure out how much I need to be eating and what I should be leaning towards to eat.
    I am assuming a 3000 calorie+ diet. But how do i know I am eating healthy taking in so many calories?

Any help at all will be promising, I thank you in advance for taking the time to help!

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Instead of wasting your $$ on BCAAs, go buy some jars of PB and eat them. You'll gain weight
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tkanipe34 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Instead of wasting your $$ on BCAAs, go buy some jars of PB and eat them. You'll gain weight
    I take my BCAA's as a supplement to plain water during my work-out. I sip on it the whole time I work out. I am trying for legit answers other than PB lol. I love PB and eat it nearly every day.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat caloric dense foods: peanut butter, olive oil, nuts, avocado, eggs, whole milk, ice cream, cheese, pasta, oats, dried fruit, bacon, sausage, pancakes, hashbrowns, rice, steak

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tkanipe34 View Post
    I take my BCAA's as a supplement to plain water during my work-out. I sip on it the whole time I work out. I am trying for legit answers other than PB lol. I love PB and eat it nearly every day.
    That was a legit answer. You say you struggle gaining weight, eat MORE PB.

It's up to you if you want to waste your $$ on BCAAs but my point was spend money on calorie dense foods.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    That was a legit answer. You say you struggle gaining weight, eat MORE PB.

It's up to you if you want to waste your $$ on BCAAs but my point was spend money on calorie dense foods.
    I completely understand what you are meaning, But I guess the confusion was at what I drink BCAA's for. I drink them for energy, and to replenish lost content during my workout to allow my body to help replenish what I loose during every set i do. I read an article quite awhile ago about how the glycogen and all works during a set of lifting weights. And from what I remember what body takes around 2-5 minutes to recover from each set, while some only takes 40-80 seconds. ( Don't hold me to it because it has been a long while since i read the article). But I take the BCAA's to help me and my muscles finish my work-outs. I don't use it for weight gain. And I must say, I may be completely out of concept here, But I am in the learning process so Dont take offence If I say something stupid lol

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I completely understand what you are meaning, But I guess the confusion was at what I drink BCAA's for. I drink them for energy, and to replenish lost content during my workout to allow my body to help replenish what I loose during every set i do. I read an article quite awhile ago about how the glycogen and all works during a set of lifting weights. And from what I remember what body takes around 2-5 minutes to recover from each set, while some only takes 40-80 seconds. ( Don't hold me to it because it has been a long while since i read the article). But I take the BCAA's to help me and my muscles finish my work-outs. I don't use it for weight gain. And I must say, I may be completely out of concept here, But I am in the learning process so Dont take offence If I say something stupid lol
    Was the article on a site that happened to sell BCAAS? Do you see the possible conflicting interest? Did they cite any relevant peer reviewed research?

So final question, why did you just believe whatever they spewed at you when they obviously could gain from you believing them?

Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10) Womkeith is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow, SOLD! Im gonna go buy some BCAAs now!!
    January 1st, 2011 - 255 Lbs

September 25, 2012 - 209 Lbs

October 21, 2012 - 198 lbs

crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50) crp113 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    peanut butter and jelly sandwiches washed down with lots of chocolate milk

benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50) benjobb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have a jar of peanut butter and a spoon in your bag at all times, 2 tablespoons is like 200 calories already. 10 tablespoons and you've got 1000 calories and plenty of fats/carbs. Take the money you spend on BCAA's and buy more food. Even the biggest honest advocates of BCAAs (Layne Norton, the Scivation owner, etc) would probably tell you to do that at 115 pounds. My 5 feet tall sister weighs more than you for heaven's sake.
    Always learning.

(For 5 reps)
    Squat - 110kg
    Deadlift- 115kg
    Bench Press - 65kg
    Overhead Press - 47.5kg

Doing Starting Strength by JasonDB/IceCreamFitness, check out my log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148385953

Check out my youtube page too: youtube.com/thebofitness

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ill start out by saying, I am kindly new to working out, Not as a whole, But for the most part.
    But here is some of the supplements I take and what I weigh etc.

I am:
    Age 21, 115 lbs, And 5'8.

On work out days I take:
    Pre-Workout Drink ->BCAA's During Work-Out-> 2:1:1 Recovery After.

I am having problems gaining weight and getting the proper amount of calories and macro's I need to establish the body I want.
    I know nutrition is a key factor in gaining weight and muscle and or mass.
    My problem is,well, For one, I am a mechanic so eating six times a day is kinda hard for me.
    Which I think its really troubling trying to find something rich to eat "on the go" so to speak in a very fast paced enviroment.
    My second problem is i am not very good at knowing what I am actually taking in (fats, carbs etc)

The question I am getting at is, What can i eat that is rich in calories and is quick an easy to fix or eat.
    Secondly, I am trying to figure out how much I need to be eating and what I should be leaning towards to eat.
    I am assuming a 3000 calorie+ diet. But how do i know I am eating healthy taking in so many calories?

Any help at all will be promising, I thank you in advance for taking the time to help!
    If you havn't noticed the trend yet, you are wasting your money with the BCAAs, so I will leave that one alone.

First bolded point: Eating six times a day is far from necessary. You want to base meal timing/frequency on what is most convenient for your schedule/lifestyle and what will optimize your performance in the gym. Personally I consume 2, sometimes 3 meals a day, with the first one usually being around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and the last one being before bed. Hitting your calorie/nutrient goals by the end of the day is the ultimate goal, nutrition wise.

Second bolded point: If you want to be serious and effective with your nutrition goals you need to take accurate account of the foods you consume, more importantly their macro and micro nutrients. My Fitness Pal, CalorieCount, the list of free Calorie Counting Apps is endless.

Third bolded point: You need to calculate how much energy (cals) your body expends on a daily bases (TDEE) then add or subtract calories from this figure to determine what you need to be consuming to meet your goals. The Nutrition Forum Stickie on calculating Macros by Emma-Leigh is a good starting point. Or you could select the calorie calculator on www.iifym.com.

Fourth bolded point: The term healthy is subjectified and often misused. Yes it is true, to alter ones body composition, cals in vs cals out is the determining factor. But common sense must prevail IMO. Aim for your daily calorie goals while attaining protein, fat and micronutrient minimums for overall health. This information can be found in The Nutrition Forum Sticky called Nutrition For Noobies and Must Read Threads, also by Emma-Leigh. In fact, I recommend you read this thread and all applicable links contained therin. Its is one fo the most valuable sources of nutrition information on the web.

Best of luck.

EDIT: Peanutbutter and banana sandwich FTW.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson