phezulu2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry why can,t i get rid of my belly

Hi All

I am new to this . but I have been training for the last year and 50years old
    I go to the gym 5 days a week and building muscles on my arms chest neck and back.
    the problem is I can't get rid of my belly I don't eat a lot and I eat a balance diet.
    some time I feel bloated.

do you have and advise

Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tbillionaire is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    be in a caloric deficit and over time you will lose fat. it takes time and persistence.
    **Official Supp. Misc Beer Crew**

ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChrisAchilles will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your weight?

jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50) jaeburd will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It wasn't until I tracked my calories, that my gut/fat is decreasing; you may surprise yourself about how much you need and how much you're consuming.
    Marine Corps Vet

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One of the things I have found is that I put fat on first around my mid section and that is the last place I burn it off from. I've been at a deficit and lost about six pounds (some water and glyc) since mid February - and my chest, arms, and legs, have noticably more vascularity in them, but my stomach has not improved much. Also since there is so much more fat around that area it takes more loss to be noticable.

If you store fat first in your mid section it will be the last place it comes off - if you are like me.
    Its not enough!

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tmax55 View Post
    One of the things I have found is that I put fat on first around my mid section and that is the last place I burn it off from. I've been at a deficit and lost about six pounds (some water and glyc) since mid February - and my chest, arms, and legs, have noticably more vascularity in them, but my stomach has not improved much. Also since there is so much more fat around that area it takes more loss to be noticable.

If you store fat first in your mid section it will be the last place it comes off - if you are like me.
    We (humans) are genetically predisposed to carrying fat around the stomach. Got to protect those vital organs.

Many beer drinkers are now immortal.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

Washed up skateboarder.. CalebRM's Avatar
    CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CalebRM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Get your hormones checked.
    6'2

Quit working legs 11/1/2014

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Well, well, well.............. you learn something new each day.

brb gotta get a brew.............

LOL
    Was friends with Methuselah

Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fatseg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you are growing and adding muscles that means you are eating extra. your stomach is not going to go down, you need to be losing weight. sadly, no muscle gains until you start eating extra
    Dec 2013 - 220. Jan 15th 2014 - Decided to lose some weight. Feb 13th - 212lbs.
    I'm on the common sense get in shape lifestyle, there's no special diet or workout.

Pagrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jaeburd View Post
    It wasn't until I tracked my calories, that my gut/fat is decreasing; you may surprise yourself about how much you need and how much you're consuming.
    Agreed 100%

Pagrod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jaeburd View Post
    Losing fat is more about diet than exercise.

capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10) capt196a is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CalebRM View Post
    Get your hormones checked.
    This^^ And an honest assessment of diet

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This thread just made me sign up for MyFitnessPal.com!

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's a good ap but I just use it for calories. I just count cals and protein and protein I've done in my head since I was about 16 so no need to put it in the ap
    Its not enough!

zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50) zoddyman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    my first post here thought I pop in on this one
    I am 41 years old, always go to the gym, play sports, etc and I have always had a little gut just cant get rid of it , i think any fat I get loves to just jump down there, so this year starting in Jan1 I said
    will barely eat any trash and more cardio along with my regular weights. I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week now 45 min one day and 25 min next and alternative the two and I hit it hard, when i hit the cardio equipment and am doing hills, etc when I gt to a tougher hill instead of slowing down I pick it up, the harder the level in the program I try to step it up could just be for a few seconds. I have always eaten fairly well but i cheated a lot so no more junk with maybe a cheat meal once a week or two to keep my sanity.. lots of veggies, chicken, fish lean foods... its only been two months but i think its helping, oh yeah before any cardio i do weights first on the 45 minute cardio days I do some high rep sets with lighter wieghts for 30 minutes, then eat a banana and hit the cardio, on my 25 min cardio days my weight workout is longer about 1 hour to 1:15 then hit cardo, i do the weights first as it 1. the body is still burning after the workout so hitting the cardio get more of a boost and 2. if i do cardio first just tired and sweaty to do weights haha in any case my stomach has gone down a lot, six pack nope, but drop 2 pant sizes and can see it makes me excited, its trying to get rid of that last amount which is the killer, i think my body looks better too as i am more of a lean tone kind of guy and like that look more then the bigger body building types, nothing wrong with that of course ..... like many people said it so much about diet, if u take in more then you burn out then that fat has to go somewhere and one doesnt have to cut out all fats, our body needs fats, but there is better fat choices out there

Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000) Powerkicker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fatseg View Post
    if you are growing and adding muscles that means you are eating extra. your stomach is not going to go down, you need to be losing weight. sadly, no muscle gains until you start eating extra
    I added muscle mass while losing fat last year.

fitnesspm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnesspm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by phezulu2 View Post
    Hi All

I go to the gym 5 days a week and building muscles on my arms chest neck and back.
    the problem is I can't get rid of my belly I don't eat a lot and I eat a balance diet.

do you have and advise
    Everyone has a six pack but it's covered by body fat. At 50 your metabolism rate drops big time. U have to eat extremely heather where it sounds the next step is to visit a dietician to get that better result and show off your six pack!

wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wsm9808 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi All

do you have and advise
    Originally Posted by zoddyman View Post
    my first post here thought I pop in on this one
    I am 41 years old, always go to the gym, play sports, etc and I have always had a little gut just cant get rid of it , i think any fat I get loves to just jump down there, so this year starting in Jan1 I said
    will barely eat any trash and more cardio along with my regular weights. I do cardio 5 to 6 times a week now 45 min one day and 25 min next and alternative the two and I hit it hard, when i hit the cardio equipment and am doing hills, etc when I gt to a tougher hill instead of slowing down I pick it up, the harder the level in the program I try to step it up could just be for a few seconds. I have always eaten fairly well but i cheated a lot so no more junk with maybe a cheat meal once a week or two to keep my sanity.. lots of veggies, chicken, fish lean foods... its only been two months but i think its helping, oh yeah before any cardio i do weights first on the 45 minute cardio days I do some high rep sets with lighter wieghts for 30 minutes, then eat a banana and hit the cardio, on my 25 min cardio days my weight workout is longer about 1 hour to 1:15 then hit cardo, i do the weights first as it 1. the body is still burning after the workout so hitting the cardio get more of a boost and 2. if i do cardio first just tired and sweaty to do weights haha in any case my stomach has gone down a lot, six pack nope, but drop 2 pant sizes and can see it makes me excited, its trying to get rid of that last amount which is the killer, i think my body looks better too as i am more of a lean tone kind of guy and like that look more then the bigger body building types, nothing wrong with that of course ..... like many people said it so much about diet, if u take in more then you burn out then that fat has to go somewhere and one doesnt have to cut out all fats, our body needs fats, but there is better fat choices out there
    I would really recommend you read the stickys in the nutrition section. Very good information there and that is where I started 3 years ago when I came to this site.

Learn how to accurately count your calories and macros. Getting a scale and weighing what you eat will help you learn accurate calorie counts and will get you used to judging portion sizes when eating out without the scale. It sucks the first few weeks, but it becomes second nature pretty quick and you will quickly learn most foods that you eat regularly. You can easily lose or gain weight at will if you know how many calories you are eating and what your maintenance calories are.

Think of it like driving somewhere in your car blindfolded. You may know exactly where you want to go, but blindfolded you are going to crash into a $hitload of obstacles along the way, and most likely never get there. Learn your food intake and requirements, or diet blind.

And to the cardio guy. Cardio is great, if you enjoy it go with it. But do it for cardiovascular health. For most people it is not substanable as a weight loss plan. You will taper off at some point. Sooner rather than later for most.

You eat every day. Get that right......be consistent......and you will get to your destination and have plenty of fuel left to get back home.

Registered User turningthecorne's Avatar
    turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10) turningthecorne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fitnesspm View Post
    Everyone has a six pack but it's covered by body fat.
    This is not true....

bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The last place to go for me, is a five inch fat ring from navel to pubes, all the way around.

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    We (humans) are genetically predisposed to carrying fat around the stomach. Got to protect those vital organs.

This... I 100% agree. I carry my fat in my stomach and my glutes and that weight definitely comes off last. As a matter of fact, I feel like I don't have much fat anywhere else on my body.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi All

do you have and advise
    leg day
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda