james5741 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Push plateau help!!

Hi
    Basically my shoulder press (30kg dumbells), military press (70kg), bench press (95kg) etc have been stuck at around the same level for about a year now. I eat a lot, I sleep a lot and I train hard so obviously, i'm pretty confused. Thing is my deadlift, squat, bent over row etc etc have been progressing well so its just an issue with my pushing. Don't really have a clue what to do so any advice would be hugely welcomed. I'm 18, 6 ft 1, 178lbs and I've been lifting for just over 2 years.
    Cheers!

Peterrnguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm no expert by any means, but it seems like you're doing everything you should be doing to be able to lift heavier. What kind of workouts are you doing? For heavier weights I believe you should be going heavy, around 3-4 sets and you shouldn't be able to push out no more than 5 reps is what I've been hearing. Also, what kind of foods are you eating? Are you getting a good balance of healthy fats, complex carbs and protein?

Originally Posted by Peterrnguyen View Post
    I'm no expert by any means, but it seems like you're doing everything you should be doing to be able to lift heavier. What kind of workouts are you doing? For heavier weights I believe you should be going heavy, around 3-4 sets and you shouldn't be able to push out no more than 5 reps is what I've been hearing. Also, what kind of foods are you eating? Are you getting a good balance of healthy fats, complex carbs and protein?
    That's exactly what i've been doing, last few weeks ive tried a higher rep range to see if its an issue with endurance but i cant say it's made any difference. Yeah my diet is good and clean. I was thinking it might be a triceps weakness, but i train them just as hard and frequently as everything else hahaa

Peterrnguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well since you've tried new things and you know what you've been doing and you can tell that your results aren't improving I would probably keep trying new things and anazyle results over a period of time of like 1 month if i were you. perhaps, more carbs, less fats, more protein, or something along that line, maybe different types of workouts with more isolation also

TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheReid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When I aim to break plateau's I like to progressive overload. When I progressive overload I lift the maximum I can lift for four reps, the following weeks I push for a fifth rep then following that the weeks after I push for a 6th. Once I can push for 6 I then repeat this adding extra weight. This usually helps massively with strength gains.

Also don't forget to eat. eat. eat.
    Work hard. Play harder

Hodge Twins, YEAAAAAAAH
    Rest In Protein Zyzz Brahh

House Music Crew !

MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10) MetalW0lf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I read an article (Sorry I don't have link.)
    But it gave an advice on how to increase OHP (Never tried it yet but they're interesting.)
    -Start the workout with OHPressing before anything (even your squats and deadlifts.),that way your lower back is still fresh and muscles two.
    -Wrestler bridge for healthy spine.
    -"Start presses",you get a weight 40% of your max and try to get it to your head level (So it's half ROM),for sets of 3-6,this helps you in the first part of the lift.
    -"Weighted Dips" all way down and up (as long as you don't have shoulder injuries.) great assistance exercise,they rock did them for singles yesterday with 40KG (Sore shoulders and tri's.)
    -Push press always helps
    -Body weight skills such as handstand push ups.

Again never tried that stuff except for dips,but I felt like sharing what I read!

Originally Posted by MetalW0lf View Post
    I read an article (Sorry I don't have link.)
    But it gave an advice on how to increase OHP (Never tried it yet but they're interesting.)
    -Start the workout with OHPressing before anything (even your squats and deadlifts.),that way your lower back is still fresh and muscles two.
    -Wrestler bridge for healthy spine.
    -"Start presses",you get a weight 40% of your max and try to get it to your head level (So it's half ROM),for sets of 3-6,this helps you in the first part of the lift.
    -"Weighted Dips" all way down and up (as long as you don't have shoulder injuries.) great assistance exercise,they rock did them for singles yesterday with 40KG (Sore shoulders and tri's.)
    -Push press always helps
    -Body weight skills such as handstand push ups.

Again never tried that stuff except for dips,but I felt like sharing what I read!
    I used to do a lot of dips back when everything was still improving now i think about it! I'll throw them in again for the next few weeks and comment how it's going. Cheers for the help everyone!