Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hardgainer2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Does cardio make getting visible abs much easier?

Ive hit a plateau for a while now but I can't seem to get rid of the lower gut. The only thing I never do is cardio. Is this the missing ingredient? Can't I just eat less calories instead of cardio?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You can do that or reduce your intake.

Read:
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/nutrit...edded-com.html

marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) marksteve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Hardgainer2000 View Post
    Ive hit a plateau for a while now but I can't seem to get rid of the lower gut. The only thing I never do is cardio. Is this the missing ingredient? Can't I just eat less calories instead of cardio?
    i don't know about cardio but if you do Fifty crunches in he morning and at night everyday. you will get your abs fast
    http://www.healthereview.com/2014/02/grow-taller-4-idiots-program-review/

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by marksteve View Post
    i don't know about cardio but if you do Fifty crunches in he morning and at night everyday. you will get your abs fast
    You won't if your bodyfat % is too high

JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000) JMadden is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need to reduce bodyfat for the abs to show...which you know is the deficit - which can be accomplished through diet and/or cardio. My sense is that if your diet is in order and at a deficit, cardio would help.

kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kjl24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIIT traning... I would do about 2-3 sessions per week around 15-20 minutes. Jump on an eliptical, stationary bike, or find a place to run sprints and do it in intervals of 30-45 second all out effort followed by a similar amount of time to rest. Just alternate that and stick with it and you will see results.

clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marksteve View Post
    False!! Not saying 50 crunches is not benificial but doing this will not nessessarily give you abs. In order to visually see your abs you will need to lower your body fat %. It all comes down to calories in vs calories out. So to answer your original question yes cardio will help (increase calories out) but also eating less calories a day will also help (decrease calorie intake). Keep in mind though that it's not easy to chase a bad diet with cardio. Your best bet is to lower your BF% by nutrition & add cardio as a bonus.

Pos rep needed (i will rep back)
    Cutting is simple!

Dmario55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yes, cardio will help and a deficit will also help. Whatever you prefer. Personally I like to just do cardio rather than eat less.
    Last edited by Dmario55; 03-27-2014 at 11:01 PM.

jdowneymafc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cardio sucks and we all know that but it can be a good way to burn some extra fat. I suggest doing 15 minutes of Interval cardio after each workout if you're trying to cut (one minute moderate intensity to one minute high intensity etc.). 15 minutes isn't so bad. other than that just make sure your eating clean and getting the proper amount of protein. Stomach is the last place for it to leave for most people. sucks, but stick with it man

clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clarksonkm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jdowneymafc View Post
    Cardio sucks and we all know that but it can be a good way to burn some extra fat. I suggest doing 15 minutes of Interval cardio after each workout if you're trying to cut (one minute moderate intensity to one minute high intensity etc.). 15 minutes isn't so bad. other than that just make sure your eating clean and getting the proper amount of protein. Stomach is the last place for it to leave for most people. sucks, but stick with it man
    Good advice. But just keep in mind that in terms of Body composition that burning 100 calories during cardio is no different then just eating 100 less calories during the day.
    Cutting is simple!

lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lauren922 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is MOSTLY diet, some people don't do cardio at all really... As long as you get your heart rate up you should be fine without doing it.
    If it is ONLY your lower stomach, try upping your fluids intake, drink more tea (herbal/green preferably). If you dislike running then try skipping, mountain climbers, jumping lunges, burpees and box jumps. They are wonderful and I consider them still cardio

fergusGT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    both

MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100) MelanieBallan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Cardio is the key to burning and getting rid of body fat. It raises your heart rate and forces your body to burn fat for energy.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MelanieBallan View Post
    Cardio is the key to burning and getting rid of body fat. It raises your heart rate and forces your body to burn fat for energy.
    Nonsense.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

TripMcNeely has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you don't like traditional cardio (treadmill, bike), try doing a bunch of burpees. I do 30 secs of burpees, rest for 30 secs.....that's one set. Do 10 sets. You'll probably end up doing at least 80 of 'em. That'll get your heart rate up. I like to finish the day with this.