imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Two pull days per week - how can I get the most rear delt development?

Tuesday and Friday. Rows are going to be my primary back exercise on Tuesday. I'm either going to add pull ups on Tuesday and do rear delts and traps on Friday or add rear delts and traps on Tuesday and do pull ups on Friday.

Grind Hard. Stay Humble. beardb's Avatar
    beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000) beardb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by imrlybord7 View Post
    Tuesday and Friday. Rows are going to be my primary back exercise on Tuesday. I'm either going to add pull ups on Tuesday and do rear delts and traps on Friday or add rear delts and traps on Tuesday and do pull ups on Friday.
    I would focus on one main pull per day and then add traps to one day and rear delts to the other or do both traps/rear delts after the main pull on each day.

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm confused

i have two pull days per week. they are the exact same. hope this helps.
    GSF

otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mmafighter1294 View Post
    i'm confused

i have two pull days per week. they are the exact same. hope this helps.
    if you train a group twice per week, you shouldnt do the same exercises.

example:

monday: flat bench, overhead press, etc.

thursday: incline bench, lateral raises, etc.
    I would die for Palestine

ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ZombieDeli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by otisthebat View Post

example:

Can i please hear opinions on this since it ties in to OP's questions? This seems like it would shore up weaknesses and therefore create better gains and lessen chances of injury from muscle imbalances. Then again is this better than sticking with one routine and changing it every couple months?

Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Creatre has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

example:

I do this as well. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it makes sense to me to incorporate multiple exercises a week to try and build different parts of the muscles. Doing the exercises once a week still allows enough training to progress.

jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jmez70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm doing a similar routine working each body part twice a week. I do totally different exercises on the second day. I've only been doing it a few weeks, but like mixing it up and keeping it fresh. Good luck.

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

example:

why? i'm not negelcting any muscles. i don't know of anyone else that does push/pull/legs that changes their routine on the second push/pull/or leg day.

and in the example you have, i do all 4 of those on my push day.

my pull day is:

narrow grip cable rows (sometimes DB rows if i'm in the mood)
    shoulder-width pull ups
    underhand narrow grip pulldowns
    wide grip cable rows with palms facing eachother (sometimes wide grip bb rows)
    face pulls
    cable curls
    concentration curls
    reverse flies
    shrugs
    hammer curls

3 sets for most exercises, 4 sets for face pulls. concentration curls are done as a rest-pause set instead of straight sets.

and before people scream "but where are your deadlifts?!?!", i do deadlifts every other week on one of my leg days, starting the day with deadlifts rather than back squats. after i deadlift i do front squats (I DL sumo, so it's very hammy dominant). on the leg days that i don't DL, i do rack pulls or back extensions for my erectors.

when your goal is hypertrophy rather than getting stronger on the big 3, it's more about stimulating the desired muscles than it is about which exercises you do (provided you are progressively overloading). i don't think my delts care if i'm do BB OHP or DB shoulder press, they just care that they're being stimulated for growth.

just my opinion.
    Last edited by mmafighter1294; 03-07-2014 at 07:36 AM.
    GSF

imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100) imrlybord7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    This is what my week looks like.

Sunday - rest
    Monday - squat, bench, triceps
    Tuesday - row, pull ups or traps and rear delts, biceps, forearms, calves
    Wednesday - rest
    Thursday - squat, OHP, laterals, triceps
    Friday - pull ups or traps and rear delts, biceps, forearms, calves
    Saturday - rest

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

example:

You can do this but I disagree that it is what you "should" do. No reason you can't train the same movement 2-3x a week. In fact, that's what training is, getting better at specific movements.

otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) otisthebat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    You can do this but I disagree that it is what you "should" do. No reason you can't train the same movement 2-3x a week. In fact, that's what training is, getting better at specific movements.
    well it really depends on what your goals are.

if your goal is to increase your overhead press strength, then it makes sense to do barbell overhead press on push1 and then dumbbell overhead press on push2.

if your goal is mass then it makes sense to hit overhead press hard on push1 and then your auxiliary exercises like lateral raises/upright rows on push2.

another way i have seen it is:

monday: upper power
    tuesday: lower power
    wednesday: off
    thursday: upper hypertrophy/auxiliary
    friday: lower hypertrophy/auxiliary

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rear delts are what you get when you do back exercises with form that doesn't target the lats well. In other words, if you want rear delts, add some more pulls, but use form that's bad for the lats lol. Keep your elbows out, and your back hunched forward with chitty posture. DO NOT use heavy weight with this form. All you're doing is putting the lats in a disadvantageous position. With a rounded back, and elbows out, you're working all rear delts (+ rhomboids and traps) and no lats.

Unfortunately, most people want to work on their lats too lol, so make sure you have both lat friendly and rear delt friendly exercises on your pull or back days.

Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Engineer_Guy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

if your goal is to increase your overhead press strength, then it makes sense to do barbell overhead press on push1 and then dumbbell overhead press on push2.

if your goal is mass then it makes sense to hit overhead press hard on push1 and then your auxiliary exercises like lateral raises/upright rows on push2.

another way i have seen it is:

monday: upper power
    tuesday: lower power
    wednesday: off
    thursday: upper hypertrophy/auxiliary
    friday: lower hypertrophy/auxiliary
    And just because that is your method of training doesn't mean everyone has to follow it. Some people train the same movement up to 3x or more a week. Which is why there's no place to tell someone they should or shouldn't do that.

Originally Posted by Engineer_Guy View Post
    And just because that is your method of training doesn't mean everyone has to follow it. Some people train the same movement up to 3x or more a week. Which is why there's no place to tell someone they should or shouldn't do that.
    calm down bro. i didnt say that everyone has to follow my method. dont put words in my mouth.

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So correct me if I am wrong, but I see that you do rows and pull ups for your back and rear delts. Do you do any exercises are specific for targeting rear delts only? Like: reverse pec deck, bent over lateral raise or rear cable lateral raise?

If your rear delts are lagging then try training them earlier in the workout as a 1st or 2nd exercise, and try exercises that target rear delts only - like the ones I mentioned above.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    So correct me if I am wrong, but I see that you do rows and pull ups for your back and rear delts. Do you do any exercises are specific for targeting rear delts only? Like: reverse pec deck, bent over lateral raise or rear cable lateral raise?

If your rear delts are lagging then try training them earlier in the workout as a 1st or 2nd exercise, and try exercises that target rear delts only - like the ones I mentioned above.
    Yeah I'd do shrugs, then facepulls, then rear delt flys/rear delt rows. Tiring out my traps first helps me isolate my rear delts better since my traps are much stronger. I guess maybe I should row twice a week and add pull ups to one day and rear delts and traps to the other day. IDK if it matters which day I did which but my goal would be to interfere with my push day effectiveness as little as possible and my rear delts are definitely a much bigger priority than my lats, at least for now.

blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) blindspot13 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dumbest thing I've seen on bb.com in a while. Apparently the difference between a strength routine and a hypertrophy routine is whether you do dumbbell OHP or upright rows on "push2" day.

Please disregard everything this Professor of Broscience posted in this thread, everyone.
    x

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post
    Achieving that beard is my life goal.

I think (hope) what the guy you responded to is trying to suggest is rounding out your routine to hit all heads of the delts equally, rather than only doing pressing movements, which are predominantly front head. I dunno though, that's how I want to interpret his statement lol

Originally Posted by blindspot13 View Post

Dumbest thing I've seen on bb.com in a while. Apparently the difference between a strength routine and a hypertrophy routine is whether you do dumbbell OHP or upright rows on "push2" day.

Please disregard everything this Professor of Broscience posted in this thread, everyone.
    negged back you litte *******.

you completely missed the point of my post. if all you do is compound strength movements, then you are not going to be focusing on the full development of the group now are you?