H140 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

15 year old looking to gain weight, need help

Hey guys im a 15 year old male, 6'1 and weigh 140lbs, so you can probably tell im really slim.
    Im looking to change that now..
    Last week I ate 3250+ calories a day and averaged 148g of protein per day
    I weighed myself on sunday and there was no change so now im trying 3500 + calories a day this week

Do you guys have any tips if i cant gain weight after this week?
    Im worried if i buy a whey protein for £30 ($50) that it may end up not helping and just going to waste

Edit : i also lift weights every wednesday(lower body) and sunday(upper body), and do 30 minute cardio sessions every monday and friday.
    Thanks, H

tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tgreenhi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You need to eat more protein. Mix it with whole milk. That will help you get more calories. Also I know you say how much you ate but make sure you track it very carefully on my fitness pal or something along those lines. You need more lifting and less cardio.

Originally Posted by tgreenhi View Post
    You need to eat more protein. Mix it with whole milk. That will help you get more calories. Also I know you say how much you ate but make sure you track it very carefully on my fitness pal or something along those lines. You need more lifting and less cardio.
    Thanks, I used myfitnesspal to track the calories last week,how much protein you think I should be getting in?

Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tgreenhi View Post
    148g protein is more than enough for a 140 lb guy.

Just keep eating in surplus and dont check your weight religiously. Get on a proven gym program. And unless you have a good reason, you dont need cardio. If you playa sport you should do it but dont aautomatically assume that since you go to the gym cardio is a must
    Event/Current/Goal
    200 IM/1:59.60/1:54.99
    100 Back/54.60/51.99
    100 Free/48.05/47.49
    50 Free/22.11/21.99

Call me Rich cuz I'm here bro

DesiredTheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DesiredTheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DesiredTheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DesiredTheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DesiredTheory has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I was your age looking to gain weight I didn't know a thing about macros. You definitely don't need to stuff yourself. The easiest way to gain weight for you in my opinion is too get more calories in your system. The easiest way for you to get more calories is in liquid form. Invest in a blender and put in two scoops of whey protein, a few tsp of peanut butter (depending on how many macros you have to hit), and fill it out with a liter of SKIM milk (using whole milk will make the shake thicker harder to swallow). Then also drink an extra yogurt drink the morning and take fish oil pills or in liquid form. Do this and I promise you will gain weight.

For breakfast I would say eat:
    2 packs of oatmeal mixed with milk
    2 yogurt drinks (I live in eastern europe and mine gets me 17 grams of protein in 480mL per one bottle)

Pre Workout
    500mL of my recommended shake I use 4 tsp of peanut butter
    2g of creatine

Post Workout
    500ml of recommended shake
    2g of creatine

4th meal
    200g of chicken breast
    200g of quinoa

5th meal
    200g chicken breast
    200g of quinoa

Then you can throw in whatever junk food you want. If you feel like you're not getting enough calories toss in more high fat food.
    Last edited by DesiredTheory; 03-03-2014 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Clarity

Originally Posted by DesiredTheory View Post
    When I was your age looking to gain weight I didn't know a thing about macros. You definitely don't need to stuff yourself. The easiest way to gain weight for you in my opinion is too get more calories in your system. The easiest way for you to get more calories is in liquid form. Invest in a blender and put in two scoops of whey protein, a few tsp of peanut butter (depending on how many macros you have to hit), and fill it out with a liter of SKIM milk (using whole milk will make the shake thicker harder to swallow). Then also drink an extra yogurt drink the morning and take fish oil pills or in liquid form. Do this and I promise you will gain weight.

For breakfast I would say eat:
    2 packs of oatmeal mixed with milk
    2 yogurt drinks (I live in eastern europe and mine gets me 17 grams of protein in 480mL per one bottle)

Pre Workout
    500mL of my recommended shake I use 4 tsp of peanut butter
    2g of creatine

Post Workout
    500ml of recommended shake
    2g of creatine

4th meal
    200g of chicken breast
    200g of quinoa

5th meal
    200g chicken breast
    200g of quinoa

Then you can throw in whatever junk food you want. If you feel like you're not getting enough calories toss in more high fat food.
    Thanks man, The shake i make has 250ml whole milk, 50g peanut butter,1 banana and 2 tbsp olive oil so i end up with about 850calories and 25g of protein. I dont have any whey atm, not too sure if I should get some

Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by H140 View Post
    Thanks man, The shake i make has 250ml whole milk, 50g peanut butter,1 banana and 2 tbsp olive oil so i end up with about 850calories and 25g of protein. I dont have any whey atm, not too sure if I should get some
    If you can get your macros without whey do that. If its difficult, get whey
    Event/Current/Goal
    200 IM/1:59.60/1:54.99
    100 Back/54.60/51.99
    100 Free/48.05/47.49
    50 Free/22.11/21.99

Call me Rich cuz I'm here bro

Originally Posted by Mattschill View Post
    If you can get your macros without whey do that. If its difficult, get whey
    What sort of macro percentage breakup should i aim for?

PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) PBellFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep on experimenting with your kcals. If you aren't putting on any weight bump them up. Make sure you get at least 1g of protein to every lb of weight.

Originally Posted by PBellFitness View Post
    Keep on experimenting with your kcals. If you aren't putting on any weight bump them up. Make sure you get at least 1g of protein to every lb of weight.
    Alright, I'll report back after this week.

jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000) jakebrah2 is just really nice. (+1000)
    +1 on the shake. If its too think, get rid of the banana. Plus, dont over blend it or it will fill with air and be very hard to drink. pulse the blender. adding oats is a good way to add carbs.
    Remember, carbs are your best friend when bulking. Get a mix of complex carbs and simple sugars.

Concentrate on muscle hypertrophy, which is what makes you GROW, 6-12 rep range. 3-4 exercises per body part. Make sure you deadlift, squat, bench press and shoulder press.

Your protein intake is perfect.

SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SuperHippo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eat more

DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can eat more or if not only do cardio 1 day, if you're already slim no need to do that much cardio just focus on eating and lifting and getting enough sleep

joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joby11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    as it has been said, get on a proven workout plan, continue eating in a surplus, and be patient. checking your weight often is just going to disappoint you, just work hard and sooner or later you'll begin to see results. (I am also 15 and understand the frustration of not gaining weight)

apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) apeboy63 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Srs just go and force yourself to eat as much as possible, at fastfood restaurants order large, at restaurants order a bunch of food, get as much protein as possible. Really I don't think counting what you take in really matters either, just hit the gym HARD and eat HARD.

Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cosko9 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why do cardio if you want to get bigger? Do icf 5x5 workout program and stick to it

flowermonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flowermonster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat more, lift more.

Originally Posted by H140 View Post
    Hey guys im a 15 year old male, 6'1 and weigh 140lbs, so you can probably tell im really slim.
    Im looking to change that now..
    Last week I ate 3250+ calories a day and averaged 148g of protein per day
    I weighed myself on sunday and there was no change so now im trying 3500 + calories a day this week

Do you guys have any tips if i cant gain weight after this week?
    Im worried if i buy a whey protein for £30 ($50) that it may end up not helping and just going to waste

Edit : i also lift weights every wednesday(lower body) and sunday(upper body), and do 30 minute cardio sessions every monday and friday.
    Thanks, H