Sherlock1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need help! - 6ft 5 - 150lbs

Hi, so I'm new to this, basically my goal is to put on about 40-50 pounds as I'm currently only 150lbs and around 6ft 5 tall - Pic attached.

I started my diet this morning but need to know if I'm doing the right kind of thing, there are so many different diets online for weight gain.

Here was my breakfast:

Breakfast:
    Omlette - 4 eggs and 4 sausage rolls cut up in to omlette.
    150kcal per sausage roll - 3g protein
    4.4g carbs in 4 eggs and 40g in 4 sausage rolls
    Eggs 150 kcal - protein 13g
    3 slices of 50/50 Bread - 94 kcal per slice and 4g protein
    and 1.4g carbs
    Breakfast Total = 1482kcal and 68.2g protein 48.6 carbs

Is this a good start or do I need more kcal/protein/carbs?

Also IMPORTANT QUESTION when do I need to start working out?? I don't want to burn off too many calories but I know I need to workout at some point, I need to gain a lot of weight to stop being so skinny but I don't want it to be all fat.

Thanks!
    Attached Images

ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ADO22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    damn dude.. well you have the right idea, eating.. a lot. breakfast looks pretty good to me, how about your other meals? how often do you eat? what do your macros end up being by the end of the day?

honestly you may be right, maybe gain ~10 lbs from eating and then hit up a beginning strength program but continue to eat as much as possible.

Hey man thanks for the reply, well today's the first day of the bulking diet but I plan to eat my next meal soon following the every 2 hours idea, I was thinking a snack like a peanut butter sandwich and some fruit? To be honest this is where I could use some help, not sure what ratios to eat, I was thinking something like this:

Carbs: 393g
    Protein: 262g
    Fat: 97g

Do I need to be eating more than that? I do believe I have quite a fast metabolism and within the past 5 years I've gone from being a fairly chubby kid to being very tall and skinny.

thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was in a similar position, but I look a lot more full now.
    What you need to do is aim for a minimum of 1lb/week of weight gain, and aim for a certain amount of calories a week. I don't count my carbs and fat, but just my calories and protein and out about 16 pounds on since January 2014. So aim for like 3500 calories a day and 1g protein per pound of body weight (your case 150g) and lift. If you don't see weight gain up the calories, this is just basic advice but everyone will repeat this.

ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10) ProdigalTimmeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sherlock1993 View Post
    Hey man thanks for the reply, well today's the first day of the bulking diet but I plan to eat my next meal soon following the every 2 hours idea, I was thinking a snack like a peanut butter sandwich and some fruit? To be honest this is where I could use some help, not sure what ratios to eat, I was thinking something like this:

Carbs: 393g
    Protein: 262g
    Fat: 97g

Do I need to be eating more than that? I do believe I have quite a fast metabolism and within the past 5 years I've gone from being a fairly chubby kid to being very tall and skinny.
    Honestly, that's a lot of macros. I recommend you check out IIFYM and see what it tells you.

Thanks for all the replies guys. So my question then is when should I start working out and where do I start? As I said my diet has started today and I don't want to burn off too many calories, should I continue to eat for a while before I start working out? My arms are really skinny and in the past when I've tried working out usually feel really sore the next day so that should give some indication as to what kind of starting point I'm at.

I've eaten 2258 calories so far today up to lunch time which is a lot more than I'd usually eat!

Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jmann96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Focus more on calories as opposed to macros. Just make sure you're getting enough protein to facilitate muscle growth.
    "I have surfed a tsunami on a board I crafted myself from what was left of a sinking ship."

Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163126161

National standard javelin TMDUK's Avatar
    TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000) TMDUK is just really nice. (+1000)
    damn, like how are u even... alive?

Yah u need to eat a lot, like sht ton ALOT if you are serious. I'd also recommend trying a mass gainer with full fat milk and oats to try and get some 'bulk' onto your frame. This has worked for me in the past.
    6'4