Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gigi999 View Post
    Just bought 4 lemon cream pie quest bars. I cannot believe I haven't tried them before. Tomorrow morning will be the first time EVER

I have no idea what to expect.
    Expect disappointment. At least that's my opinion and I've read many others unhappy with them as well.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Misctake7 View Post
    Expect disappointment. At least that's my opinion and I've read many others unhappy with them as well.
    Aww man well, I bought those and all the pb protein powder. I'll update once I try them.

The reviews I read match what you're saying. The only other flavor I haven't tried is mixed bevery. Not really a fan of any of the flavors without chunks.

Thanks for stopping by btw did you try it warmed up or fresh out the wrapper? Maybe I can bake it and add cream cheese.
    Protein Bar Review thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160457601

anonymous
    Aww man well, I bought those and all the pb protein powder. I'll update once I try them.

The reviews I read match what you're saying. The only other flavor I haven't tried is mixed bevery. Not really a fan of any of the flavors without chunks.

Thanks for stopping by btw did you try it warmed up or fresh out the wrapper? Maybe I can bake it and add cream cheese.
    I'm a lemon fan and I definitely think Quest needs to update the flavor since it's currently one of my least favorites (just too bland, lemon aspect needs to be stronger), could be fantastic with some tweaking. I really like Mixed Berry, especially some that have lots of berry pieces.

Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Gigi999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ForumSentinel View Post
    I'm a lemon fan and I definitely think Quest needs to update the flavor since it's currently one of my least favorites (just too bland, lemon aspect needs to be stronger), could be fantastic with some tweaking. I really like Mixed Berry, especially some that have lots of berry pieces.
    Wow, I never thought of that! I just moved on from some of the older flavors, now realizing they could be updated! Lemon fan too, I add lemon zest to desserts a lot. Lemon with graham cracker and chunks would kick it up a notch. Peanut butter chocolate with pb pieces.

And I'll pick up a mixed Berry next time, no flavor should be left out haha.
    Thank you

Eta: strawberry cheesecake with graham cracker pieces and cheesecake white choc chunks. Id buy that by the boxes.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

No problem. Love you're reviews!

I tried it both straight out of the wrapper and microwaved a couple seconds. Everyone has different taste buds.....maybe you'll enjoy it. If you're a big Lemon fan, I'm hearing the Victory One Lemon bars are amazing.

JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The Lemon pie was alright, I reviewed it earlier. It didn't felt like it delivered much of a lemon punch, like I wanted anyway. Your experience may vary though, so don't rely on what we're saying and go without expectations.

I make my own lemon extract with lemon zest and vodka and drop it in food and desserts. It does take a few weeks to make it right though.
    See all my protein bar reviews at jonsupps.com

Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just bought 4 lemon cream pie quest bars. I cannot believe I haven't tried them before. Tomorrow morning will be the first time EVER

I have no idea what to expect.
    I disagree with the norm, I guess. I really like the Lemon Cream Pie bars.
    Just like you, I much prefer the bars with "bits", but from the non-textured bars I love Apple Pie, Lemon Cream Pie, and Banana Nut Muffin. All depends on what I'm in the mood for. But the first time I had a LCP I hated it (took 2 weeks post and was not nice after). Second time (after 3 days express) it was completely different. Fresh and great!
    Goals are invaluable. Pick one, and reach it. Let nothing stop you, especially not yourself. Don't change goals flippantly. Motivation will come from progress, which can only be seen when measured against a goal. If you change your goals before ever achieving them then you will lose all motivation, all reason for doing, and you will fail. Completely, and utterly: success, or failure, is up to you, and what you are willing to give.

Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'll say this thread got me to buy a box of:
    Rise Bar Protein+ Bar
    Crunchy Carob Chip, 12 - 60g Bars

Pretty excited from the review.

So...I tried them. Better than I expected, but its hard to explain because I thought I was going to hate them lol. I didn't get to try it warmed up yet (I have some left so once I do, I'll write an official review) but I'd say its better the choc pb or strawberry cheesecake flavors. Sort of tangy, could be more lemon-ey.

Side note: have any of you guys got an "off" tasting victory bar? I LOVE the new pb chip and cookie dough ones but last week I bought a pb chip one on clearance and it was almost inedible. Extremely chemical-tasting. But every other bar I've had has been good...it wasn't expired but was on clearance lol.

No problem. Love you're reviews!

I tried it both straight out of the wrapper and microwaved a couple seconds. Everyone has different taste buds.....maybe you'll enjoy it. If you're a big Lemon fan, I'm hearing the Victory One Lemon bars are amazing.
    Wait..victory one lemon bars. These are new, I had never heard of them before. Thanks for awareing me about them

Originally Posted by JonSupps View Post
    The Lemon pie was alright, I reviewed it earlier. It didn't felt like it delivered much of a lemon punch, like I wanted anyway. Your experience may vary though, so don't rely on what we're saying and go without expectations.

I make my own lemon extract with lemon zest and vodka and drop it in food and desserts. It does take a few weeks to make it right though.
    Thank you That is so awesome, I've never heard of making extracts like that! I've made lemon salt with the zest before, but extracts are awesome for desserts.

Your review was the first I read haha! I marathon read your reviews

Originally Posted by Morien View Post
    I disagree with the norm, I guess. I really like the Lemon Cream Pie bars.
    Just like you, I much prefer the bars with "bits", but from the non-textured bars I love Apple Pie, Lemon Cream Pie, and Banana Nut Muffin. All depends on what I'm in the mood for. But the first time I had a LCP I hated it (took 2 weeks post and was not nice after). Second time (after 3 days express) it was completely different. Fresh and great!
    Thank you Agreed, I liked cccd for so long then all of a sudden started liking banana nut and double choc chunk...I guess its easy to get tired of flavors too. The experience you had with lcp is like mine with strawberry cheesecake. It just didn't taste "right", then I retried one a couple weeks ago and just tasted meh. The other flavors are much better. I did once get a box of s'mores with bars in it that were completely dry. Like impossible to eat without breaking a tooth (didn't change even heating them up), but thankfully I got a replacement.

Originally Posted by Sozzeled View Post
    I'll say this thread got me to buy a box of:
    Rise Bar Protein+ Bar
    Crunchy Carob Chip, 12 - 60g Bars

Pretty excited from the review.
    Thank you, that's awesome! Those are my favorites, glad you tried them out!

JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonSupps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    True about some off tasting, it may have to do with bad batches. But with Quest, if you tell them that, they send you a new one (or they used to anyway, but try it, they're big on customer support).

Sorry to hear about the S'mores, mine are fine, they actually crumb a lot more than previous flavors, that's because they're now using soluble corn fibre instead of i****lto-oligosaccharides.

By the way, Risebar have two new flavors, and one of them is out, Cacao Banana: https://risebar.com/product/cacao-banana-protein-bar/

True about some off tasting, it may have to do with bad batches. But with Quest, if you tell them that, they send you a new one (or they used to anyway, but try it, they're big on customer support).

Sorry to hear about the S'mores, mine are fine, they actually crumb a lot more than previous flavors, that's because they're now using soluble corn fibre instead of i****lto-oligosaccharides.

By the way, Risebar have two new flavors, and one of them is out, Cacao Banana: https://risebar.com/product/cacao-banana-protein-bar/
    You're right, quest definitely has some of the best customer service. It's nice when companies acknowledge defective products. Most of the time I don't bother even if I get an off bar, but if the whole box is bad I would definitely contact them.

Thank you for telling me about the new rise bar! I'm probably going to pick up some items from my larger grocery store next week which carries them, I will check if they are stocked there.

Ohyeah! Victory ISS Oatmeal Raisin

Overall Rating: B+
    This is overall a great substitute for a batch of fresh oatmeal raisin cookies. I would recommend it only eaten warmed up. I added some cinnamon on top, which made it taste even better.

Taste: B
    This is similar to the texture of the cookie dough and peanut butter chip victory bars, a little softer than quest bars.

The vanilla sugar cookie base is studded with rolled oatmeal pieces and real raisins, which contribute heavily to the oatmeal raisin taste. The raisins are nice and chewy, not dried up or stale. Although it does taste very much like a oatmeal raisin cookie, I did notice a slight aftertaste from the sweetener used which was more obvious than in the other victory bars.

If oatmeal raisin cookies normally give you trust issues because they look like chocolate chip cookies, this flavor may not be the best option but it's definitely worth a try. I'm not a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies (ain't nobody got time for that) but I do like maple oatmeal and this was perfect for that craving.

Nutrition: A

For 21g of protein, it has 200 calories, 6g fat, 17g fiber, and 29g carbs. Like the other victory bars, it is high in fiber and low in fat, also containing quality protein (isolate), agave syrup, and almond butter. In comparison to most protein bars, this is a great low carb and high fiber option.

Cost: retails for $2.09 per bar or $22.99 per box.

*thank you Jon for telling me about this flavor

Quest Mint Chocolate Chip

Overall Rating: A

Mint is not usually my go to flavor choice but this bar surprised me with how good it was. The overall taste is closer to a thin mint than mint chocolate chip ice cream. I find myself coming back to this flavor every couple days. It is also one of the few flavors which tastes good both fresh out the wrapper and warmed up until the texture becomes like a fresh soft baked cookie.

Taste: A
    As soon as I could get my hands on this bar when it came out, I bought one to review. (Then bought another box)

It is similar to the raspberry white chocolate and s'mores quest bars in texture. A little softer overall but with some crumbliness. The base is bittersweet chocolate, studded and marbled with light green colored mint chips, and crumbly chocolate cookie pieces. The mint flavor is present in just the right amount (not like toothpaste), with good crunch from the cookies which taste like inside portion of thin mint cookies. If you're a fan of mint desserts, I would definitely recommend this bar.

Nutrition: A

For 20g of protein, it has 190 calories, 9g fat, 15g fiber, and 21g carbs. Like the other quest bars, it is high in fiber although the net carbs are a little higher and the fat is up to 9g. It contains both stevia and sucralose as the sweetners. In comparison to most protein bars, this is a great low carb and high fiber option.

Cost: retails for $2.00-$3.00 usually per bar or $24.99 per box.

Ohyeah! Victory ISS Oatmeal Raisin

*thank you Jon for telling me about this flavor
    You're most welcome, go get them girl.

It's good to see you back in action. How does it feel scoring in A-F grading instead of the 1 to 10?

Seems like you really liked the Mint Chocolate ^_^

I just tried the Peanut Butter Chip Victory bar today and sadly wasn't a fan. The aftertaste was very strong in that bar. I do have one of the Oatmeal Raisin bars as well at home to try next. Your review makes it sound ideally how I'd like it to taste except for the mention of the aftertaste. If they can rid the bar of the aftertaste, would rival Quest better.

And Mint Chocolate Chip Quest is delicious! Always grab 1-2 bars when I head to a local supplement shop. But a sad thing I noticed is when I purchased the bars when they were first released, those mint chunks in the bars were huge. Now they are rather small. Wish they would have kept the larger chunks in favor of the smaller ones. I think they did this with other flavors as well that upon release, they sell with larger chunks and later sell with smaller ones.

Good reviews Gigi!

But a sad thing I noticed is when I purchased the bars when they were first released, those mint chunks in the bars were huge. Now they are rather small. Wish they would have kept the larger chunks in favor of the smaller ones. I think they did this with other flavors as well that upon release, they sell with larger chunks and later sell with smaller ones.

Good reviews Gigi!
    Good observation, Mike.

I wonder... do they do this on purpose, the first few hundred batches with generous amounts of chunks/ingredients, and then dwindle off?

addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000) addictR3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good observation, Mike.

I wonder... do they do this on purpose, the first few hundred batches with generous amounts of chunks/ingredients, and then dwindle off?
    yeah I noticed this too, my first quest bar was Cookies and cream and it had massive chunks, then on, all flavours ive tried it hasnt been that good. Maybe they make a huge batch type thing and only certain sections get good add ins??
    - If you can't explain it simply, then you don't understand it well enough.

My log - The Hungry Cyclist - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168824473&page=1

Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sozzeled is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had a Quest Mint chocolate chip the other day after having one when it first came out. I couldn't even finish the bar. I swore that I liked it when I first tried it but it was pretty bad.
    I eat Quest Chocolate Brownie by the boxes so I was disappointed in this one. The s'mores was pretty bad also.

My other Quest favorite is double Chocolate chunk.

DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000) DavidGainz999 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Powercrunch iz my ****

You're most welcome, go get them girl.
    It's good to see you back in action. How does it feel scoring in A-F grading instead of the 1 to 10?
    Seems like you really liked the Mint Chocolate ^_^
    Thank you Jon! I think the grading scale is better this way, it was becoming difficult to rate flavors as 10/10. At least now I can use +/- I would still eat/purchase A and B bars, not anything below that.

Mint chocolate chip is one of the best recent flavors I have tried and I'm not even usually a fan of mint! It's delicious. Not only are there chunks, but also the giant cookie pieces. Like you guys mentioned, I had a similar experience with the first couple double chocolate chunk bars having epic chunks but now I haven't gotten any like that. I'm going to have one tomorrow, hopefully its a good one!

I just tried the Peanut Butter Chip Victory bar today and sadly wasn't a fan. The aftertaste was very strong in that bar. I do have one of the Oatmeal Raisin bars as well at home to try next. Your review makes it sound ideally how I'd like it to taste except for the mention of the aftertaste. If they can rid the bar of the aftertaste, would rival Quest better.

And Mint Chocolate Chip Quest is delicious!
    Good reviews Gigi!
    Thank you (ps. is your name Mike?)
    Agree 100 on the mint chip! Uncommon flavor, but I'm still not tired of it haha.

I'm sorry about your pbc experience. Victory bars are weird, either can be good or bad...very unpredictable. But aftertaste is definitely there. The oatmeal raisin has an even stronger taste to it, let me know what you think once you try it!

I remember when I tried these victory bars a couple months ago, I did not like them. I couldn't understand why stores even carried them lol. They have improved a lot, though I've only tried the newer formulated oatmeal raisin, cookie dough, and peanut butter chip. Do you know if the other flavors (vanilla and brownie) are still the same as before? I'm looking out for the lemon flavor too.

Originally Posted by addictR3 View Post
    yeah I noticed this too, my first quest bar was Cookies and cream and it had massive chunks, then on, all flavours ive tried it hasnt been that good. Maybe they make a huge batch type thing and only certain sections get good add ins??
    Cnc has the largest chunks of all the quest bars, I had some good chocolate chip cookie ones too. Mint chip has been okay/consistent, but I definitely haven't gotten any crazy large chunks for a while *sad face.

Originally Posted by Sozzeled View Post
    I had a Quest Mint chocolate chip the other day after having one when it first came out. I couldn't even finish the bar. I swore that I liked it when I first tried it but it was pretty bad.
    I eat Quest Chocolate Brownie by the boxes so I was disappointed in this one. The s'mores was pretty bad also.
    My other Quest favorite is double Chocolate chunk.
    Aww man Sorry to hear that. It is definitely true to the mint flavor if you do not like mint. You're the first person liking the brownie flavor that much haha, I never liked it. Double choc chunk is good though!

Originally Posted by DavidGainz999 View Post
    Powercrunch iz my ****
    Ehhh...which flavors? Favs are vanilla and pb. Still have the rest to try. Mint tastes good frozen.

Squarebar Flavors Review

Overall Rating: B
    Thank you to Sarah from Squarebar for sending these to try! These are great bars as part of a meal or snack with awesome ingredients, although they have a slightly lower protein content for the calorie content and are quite small in size but very satisfying.

Taste:

Cocoa Almond B+
    Cocoa Crunch B-
    Cocoa Coconut A
    Cocoa Cherry B
    Cocoa Mint B

I rated these all together, because they all have very similar texture/consistency, appearance, and the flavors do not taste that different from each other. My favorite flavor overall was chocolate coconut (very pleasant coconut flavor). The coconut almond was rated second place, a stronger almond flavor would have taken up the flavor rating. Personally, I would purchase these two flavors if I was able to fit them into my macros.

The texture is very similar to that of vega bars, sort of fudgey but breaks apart easily and unevenly. Similarly, they are all coated with a thin layer of real dark chocolate, which adds a nice Cocoa/chocolate flavor. I could not taste any aftertaste or chemicals, but they do taste 'healthy', definitely not a substitute for a candy bar flavor.

Nutrition: B+

For 11-12g of protein, these bars have about 210 calories, 10g fat, 2g fiber, and 19g carbs. Vegan, GMO-free, additive-free, and gluten free! They also do not contain any soy or dairy, the protein content comes from brown rice protein. Overall, very good ingredients, but a little low in protein content. This would receive an A if there was a little less sweetener (or some stevia used instead) and some protein replaced some carbs/fat to make it a perfect snack/preworkout meal.

Cost: retails for $29.99 per box of 12. I previously bought the Cocoa Almond for $2.69 at a health food grocery store. If you would like to purchase these directly from Squarebar, discount code: Gigi999.
    Last edited by Gigi999; 07-30-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Also, I tried quite a few bars which I didn't take pictures of, but they were all ones I probably would not purchase again.

The bup bars I tried were sugar cookie, mint chip, and pbj...nothing true to the flavor (and I drove like an hour to a specific mall that carried them lol). Out of these three, I'd say the sugar cookie was the best tasting but overall very disappointing. Macros are A+ though. Maybe Krave bars are better? Still haven't tried them, seems that they are only available online.

I saw a picture of a protein bar somewhere with peanut butter filling and jelly oozing out of it...it was surrounding by a fiber type exterior like the quest/victory bars. Let me know if you guys have seen this or know the brand! If it exists, this flavor would be awesome.

Also, predicting quest's next flavor is going to be oranges n' creme/orange creamsicle. I hope they come out with a cake or cheesecake chunk flavor though.

Other news, new flavors coming this month are fit elite chocolate chip cookie dough and cookies and cream (excited). And also a new brand called "ds naturals" carrying no cow bars (vegan). The flavors GNC will have are raspberry truffle and pb chocolate (saw this on instagram). These are all fiber-type bars around 200 cals and 20g protein (favorite type).

Thank you!
    Last edited by Gigi999; 07-30-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Thank you (ps. is your name Mike?)
    Agree 100 on the mint chip! Uncommon flavor, but I'm still not tired of it haha.

I'm sorry about your pbc experience. Victory bars are weird, either can be good or bad...very unpredictable. But aftertaste is definitely there. The oatmeal raisin has an even stronger taste to it, let me know what you think once you try it!

I remember when I tried these victory bars a couple months ago, I did not like them. I couldn't understand why stores even carried them lol. They have improved a lot, though I've only tried the newer formulated oatmeal raisin, cookie dough, and peanut butter chip. Do you know if the other flavors (vanilla and brownie) are still the same as before? I'm looking out for the lemon flavor too.
    My name is Will John likely assumed Mike bc of my username.
    I haven't noticed a difference in the vanilla or brownie, but have to give them another try and see how they are. From what I'm hearing, the Victory One bars are the must try right now. Sloop was really talking up the Lemon flavor. Sadly they aren't on BB.com yet.

The bup bars I tried were sugar cookie, mint chip, and pbj...nothing true to the flavor (and I drove like an hour to a specific mall that carried them lol). Out of these three, I'd say the sugar cookie was the best tasting but overall very disappointing. Macros are A+ though. Maybe Krave bars are better? Still haven't tried them, seems that they are only available online.

I saw a picture of a protein bar somewhere with peanut butter filling and jelly oozing out of it...it was surrounding by a fiber type exterior like the quest/victory bars. Let me know if you guys have seen this or know the brand! If it exists, this flavor would be awesome.
    I recently tried the B-Up bars as well for the first time. I actually didn't like the sugar cookie bar because it had little taste to it. Chocolate Mint had a huge brownie mint chunk in mine which made it really good, but the rest of the bar was rather bland. Peanut Butter was surprisingly good and held a solid peanut butter taste imo. I actually liked it more than the pb taste I get from Quest. But overall, they are just wannabe Quest bars imo.

Those bars with the jelly pouring out of them is B-Up's other type of bars. Lower in protein. I bought 1 and have it in my stash to try soon. I'll report back after I try it but I'm prepared to be disappointed by it. Picture makes it look too good to be true.

The fresh prince of dairy chemo29's Avatar
    chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BUps aren't bad imo, but for the price, they're unworthy of mention
    You will have the very same texture with the ANSI Gourmet Cheesecake bars (though the strawberry one is phoking groce) for half the price

@Gigi: maybe the Supreme PB&J?

if so they aren't too bad. the jelly is definitely a big reason why they're nice, but there's a strong chemical aftertaste (not sure which layer it's related to)
    ᕙ(´• ͜ʖ •`)ᕗ

Originally Posted by chemo29 View Post
    BUps aren't bad imo, but for the price, they're unworthy of mention
    You will have the very same texture with the ANSI Gourmet Cheesecake bars (though the strawberry one is phoking groce) for half the price
    @Gigi: maybe the Supreme PB&J?
    if so they aren't too bad. the jelly is definitely a big reason why they're nice, but there's a strong chemical aftertaste (not sure which layer it's related to)
    My name is Will John likely assumed Mike bc of my username.
    I haven't noticed a difference in the vanilla or brownie, but have to give them another try and see how they are. From what I'm hearing, the Victory One bars are the must try right now. Sloop was really talking up the Lemon flavor. Sadly they aren't on BB.com yet.

I recently tried the B-Up bars as well for the first time. I actually didn't like the sugar cookie bar because it had little taste to it. Chocolate Mint had a huge brownie mint chunk in mine which made it really good, but the rest of the bar was rather bland. Peanut Butter was surprisingly good and held a solid peanut butter taste imo. I actually liked it more than the pb taste I get from Quest. But overall, they are just wannabe Quest bars imo.

Those bars with the jelly pouring out of them is B-Up's other type of bars. Lower in protein. I bought 1 and have it in my stash to try soon. I'll report back after I try it but I'm prepared to be disappointed by it. Picture makes it look too good to be true.
    Hi there First time seeing this supreme bar too, looks good though. It's too bad so many bars have that aftertaste

Found out it is the "jammin" b up bar, I think the one you mentioned, Will (can't wait for your review). Apparently there are also apple pie a la mode and vanilla cherry pie flavor, but pbj seems like it would be the truest tasting of those. The picture I saw was really deceiving (like jelly and peanut butter literally ooozing out). This is how it really looks:

https://littlealexruns.wordpress.com...b-jammin-bars/

Still might pick one up next time, just to try it I didn't think the ANSI ones were actually too bad. The pb choc cheesecake one is good warmed up, it has some potential. Could be heavily improved with chunks.

Did you try the bup bar warmed up? Definitely trying the pb. Although I like the quest version, I still haven't found one I love...on the search for a good pb protein powder too lol.

Thanks for all the help/info btw guys

Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000) Morien is just really nice. (+1000)
    The bup bars I tried were sugar cookie, mint chip, and pbj...nothing true to the flavor (and I drove like an hour to a specific mall that carried them lol).
    Hmm. Thanks for your input on these. Was going to try them a few months ago but the reviews were all front one and done posters. Very suspicious. Was going to risk a box, sounds like I made the right choice not to yet.

Regarding peanut butter, give Pure Fit or Oh Yeah One a shot. PF is enjoyable enough, definitely worth a try, and I have heard great things about OY.
    Goals are invaluable. Pick one, and reach it. Let nothing stop you, especially not yourself. Don't change goals flippantly. Motivation will come from progress, which can only be seen when measured against a goal. If you change your goals before ever achieving them then you will lose all motivation, all reason for doing, and you will fail. Completely, and utterly: success, or failure, is up to you, and what you are willing to give.

chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chemo29 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Morien View Post
    Regarding peanut butter, give Pure Fit or Oh Yeah One a shot. PF is enjoyable enough, definitely worth a try, and I have heard great things about OY.
    yep and to follow through with your PB protein powder thread:
    Planters Canada recently released this monster on the market. Not really high proton, but ****'s good
    ᕙ(´• ͜ʖ •`)ᕗ

For sure at least try the B-Up peanut butter flavor. I had that one warmed up and it was delicious! You don't need to wait for any chunks to get a pb flavor which is great.

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chemo29 View Post
    yep and to follow through with your PB protein powder thread:
    Planters Canada recently released this monster on the market. Not really high proton, but ****'s good
    Do they not sell pay day bars in canada? They look like they're the exact same concept. I'm a big fan of them. Delicious, but not necessarily high protein.

Originally Posted by nakkiz View Post
    Do they not sell pay day bars in canada? They look like they're the exact same concept. I'm a big fan of them. Delicious, but not necessarily high protein.
    never seen a payday in Canada, though it is a pretty big country so can't tell if they are sold here or not
    ᕙ(´• ͜ʖ •`)ᕗ