Page 1 of 183 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    GUUUUAAAAARRRRRRK peaking Meanstick's Avatar
    Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation ~ULTIMATE Hair Regrowth Protocol (GTFIH For AWESOME Hair Gains)(INDEPTH)(PICS)(SRS)~

I�ve been researching for the past two months on a few forums, and I�ve compiled a list of supplements that can help ANYBODY regrow their hair NATURALLY.

This is something that's worked for me and something that's worked for others, I do not claim that it is the only/ultimate cure. It's not that expensive, thus I think most people could give it a shot and we could all log it together.

I gathered most of this info from a user on another bodybuilding board.

The biggest factor when it comes to hair loss is inflammation. Your immune system basically attacks your hair. To cure this inflammation, you need to treat the underlying causes:

Excess estrogen
    Fungus (Candida)
    Overexposure to insulin

Many people blame DHT as the sole cause of hair loss, while this simply is not true. When your scalp is inflamed, yes, DHT expedites shedding. This is why people have stopped their shedding/regrew some hair on products like Finsteride (which inhibits the enzyme that converts Testosterone to DHT). The reason you don�t want to use Finasteride reduce your DHT is because DHT is the hormone that makes you a man.

DHT is responsible for erections, muscle hardness and the development of type-II male characteristics (such as facial hair, a strong jaw, dick growth, everything ****ing manly). If you inhibit it, your muscles will look soft, and your PENIS can SHRINK (SRS).

What I aim to do in this post is aware you on how you can fix your health and feel 100x better while regaining an aesthetic hairline.

Disclaimer: Consult your doctor or physician before following this protocol. I am not responsible for what you choose to put in your body.

Now before we start:

Remove wheat from your diet, it inhibits mineral absorption VERY strongly. Other grains do this as well to a lesser degree. Remove them too if you want your supplementation to be the most effective.

Take internally:

Virgin (Unrefined) Coconut Oil: 3 to 6 table spoons /day

Lowers DHT within natural ranges, also increases libido.

It can sometimes stop shedding within a week. You can take more if you want faster results.

Iodine: 12.5-100mg /day

50mg is the standard dose. Be aware that you may experience symptoms of halogen detox as your body flushes out excess halogens (Fluoride/Bromide/Chlorine). These don�t really do anything good for you, so better out than in.

Iodine is basically fuel for the Thyroid. The Thyroid filters the blood and regulates hormone levels. This is one of the most important supplements in this protocol.

Use the Lugols solution version of it, it�s a mixture of Iodine and Iodide. JCrows is a good brand. Iodine is for your thyroid and Iodide is good for your bodily tissues (Hair, skin, organs, etc).

The 5% formula contains 5% Iodine and 10% Iodide. It has a total Iodine content of 125.6 mg/mL.

I take 8 drops of the 5% formula. This equals about 50mg. I drop it into empty gelcaps so I don�t have to taste it.

Make sure you get NON-radioactive Iodine.

Bonus: Iodine also helps sleep

Selenium Methionine: 400 to 600 mcg /day

Selenium must be taken with Iodine, it prevents negative side effects from occurring and converts the thyroid hormone t4 into its active version t3.

Two Brazil nuts contain 400mcg of Selenium, I prefer them because Selenium tablets smell bad.

The conversion of t4 to t3 is dose-dependent. I advise to not take more than 800mg of Selenium with Iodine (4 brazil nuts), because high doses can lead to a condition called thyroid storm, which can be deadly. I think doses up to 1200mg might be ok, but to be safe I wouldn�t take more than 800mg. 400mg is plenty anyways.

Chromium GTF: 400mcg /day.

This is to control blood glucose spikes, because excess insulin in the blood creates inflammation of the scalp which = perfect environment for shedding.

High blood sugar feeds fungus (Candida) in your body which also = inflammation which = hair loss.

High blood sugar also creates an acidic environment within the body which = inflammation.

I take 200mg with each meal, for my two biggest meals each day.

Magnesium Citrate: 2000mg /day.

Split up the dosage and take away from other minerals (like Zinc) as they compete for absorption. After a few months lower the dosage to 1000mg /day

Studies show Magnesium improves blood glucose by 50% and can cure Type 2 diabetes.
    This is good because insulin resistance can also lead to estrogen trouble and inflammation (which triggers hair loss).

For optimal absorption, take minerals like Magnesium and Zinc with Apple Cider Vinegar.

Zinc Pi****nate: 150mg /day

Displaces Copper. High Copper levels cause your body to hold on to Estrogen, not allowing excretion. Left untreated over time, Estrogen levels build up. High Estrogen = Inflammation.

Countries like the US who use Copper pipes for their water experience these problems more often. Copper usually contaminates many foods of these countries as well.

Take until levels are normal, then you can lower the dose to 50mg /day (if you wish)
    I personally take 150mg /day.

Molybdenum: 500mcg 3 times /day (Or with meals)

Also helps displace Copper.

Niacinamide (b3): 500-1000mg before bed.

Beneficial to sleep, cancer, anxiety AND hair loss.

Green Tea Extract: 3 to 6 caps /day

Anti-inflammatory.

Omega 3 Fish Oil: 3 to 4 gelcaps or more /day

Quells inflammation.

Cod Liver Oil: 3 to 6 gelcaps /day

Quells inflammation.

If you�re only going to take one type of fish oil, choose Cod Liver Oil.

Has the bioavailable form of vitamin A, which is needed for vitamin K2 (below) to be absorbed.

Vitamin K2 (MK-4): 500mcg-1mg

K2 shuttles Calcium from your blood to your bones. The less Calcium in your blood, the less that will be available to settle into your scalp and prevent hair growth.

If calcium is settled in your scalp, your **** is all clogged up and you can�t get any blood up there to give your hair the nutrients it needs to grow.

K2 also prevents arterial calcification. Really good for heart health.

Vitamin E: 400mg /day

For optimal circulation which is needed to get nutrients to the scalp.

Boron: 3-20mg /day

Start low, gauge how you feel. Cycle 3 days on, 3 days off.

B Vitamins: Full-Fat Liver Powder contains a range of b vitamins.

B vitamins give you energy. People deficient in B vitamins tend to have sleep disorders and low HGH (HGH helps hair growth).

Liver powder is superior to B-complex vitamins because B-complex vitamins contain B6, which can cause nerve damage (and is linked to autism). P-5-P is the broken down version of B6 and will not cause these problems.

P-5-P (Pyridoxal phosphate): Up to 300mg /day

Inhibits prolactin. Prolactin makes you shed.

Taurine: 1400-3000mg /day.

Rids the body of fibrosis including liver cirrhosis and scalp fibrosis.

Fibrosis of the scalp prevents new hair from growing.

Baking Soda: 3-4tsp /day taken in glasses of water throughout the day (on an empty stomach or 45 mins after meals, not before meals though as it neutralizes stomach acid)

Candida fungus thrives in acidic (low-oxygen) environments. Baking Soda alkalizes (high-oxygen environment) the body so Candida cannot survive.

Baking soda 30 minutes after meals will help final stage digestion after food leaves the stomach and enters the duodeum.

Cayenne Powder: 1 capsule with large meals

Helps digestion, can heal stomach uclers and improve heartburn.

Take all of the fat-based supplements together.

Use topically on scalp:

Apple Cider Vinegar: Rinse scalp every other day before bed.

Mix 2-3 tbsp in a small cup of water. Rinse your scalp with it, rub it in, and dry your head with it still in. Sleep with it in your hair. It'll kill topical fungus AND clear calcium deposits which prevent hair growth (mpb people have this badly)

Bragg�s brand is the best; most health food stores have it.

Niacinamide and Boron:

After the vinegar rinse, open one Niacinamide and one Boron capsule and dump them in a bowl. Add a few trickles of water to create a paste. Rub it on your bald spots. Many people report new hairs to spring up within weeks.

Nizoral:

Use in the shower every other day at first, then reduce to 2-3 times /week. Leave in for 5-10 mins.
    The 2% formula is best, but I could only find the 1%. I use it every day. You can use a very small amount. I use about 3 dime-sized applications for mpb areas.

Nizoral is an antifungal. Many people think it works because of its anti-DHT properties, but those are actually much weaker than popularly believed.
    Last edited by Meanstick; 02-28-2014 at 06:34 PM.

the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) the700level has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So roughly 800 pills a day?
    - Disregard females, acquire real estate
    - MAGA
    - Fauci for prison
    - Pureblood

LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LaCosaNostra90 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice results but sounds like a lot of work.

love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000) love2wheel is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think it would be better to cook a rock in coconut oil + cayenne pepper and eat that..also faster
    *No Crew Crew*

Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000) Meanstick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by the700level View Post
    800 pills>>>>>being bald

TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Brb heading to walgreens and buying every single vitamin
    "It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it; but the young know they are wretched for they are full of the truthless ideal which have been instilled into them, and each time they come in contact with the real, they are bruised and wounded."

portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) portamoral has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fungus (Candida)

elaborate pls

AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wtf is this obsession with baldness? Research has proven it doesn't affect happiness in the long run.

Sucks to go bald but to take a bunch of pills or a sh*tload of vitamins with constant fear of losing hair? No thnx, I'd rather enjoy life, it's too short to worry about this stuff.

Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
    Fungus (Candida)

elaborate pls
    Candida is a genus of yeasts and is the most common cause of fungal infections worldwide.[1] Many species are harmless commensals or endosymbionts of hosts including humans; however, when mucosal barriers are disrupted or the immune system is compromised they can invade and cause disease.

Originally Posted by AppsBrah View Post
    Wtf is this obsession with baldness? Research has proven it doesn't affect happiness in the long run.

Sucks to go bald but to take a bunch of pills or a sh*tload of vitamins with constant fear of losing hair? No thnx, I'd rather enjoy life, it's too short to worry about this stuff.
    Why would anyone accept going bald, when there are ways to fix it while fixing your health at the SAME TIME??

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you really do this every day?
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

HairyWBush Reps for life - Hamster Compassion: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181804893

Originally Posted by whitepaper View Post
    Do you really do this every day?
    Yeah it's easy. Takes like 5 mins out of my day.

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sigh...well I guess somebody has to come in and give a swing of the reality stick. It's for your own good though, boys.

Nothing in the original post is accurate or true as it relates to hair loss (with the exception of the nizoral mention). I know OP, I know. When I first started losing my hair I tried the same approach. Many people have - heck, there's whole industries built around this. And that should be the first clue that you're falling into a marketing trap: You're in a desperate situation, and there are people that stand to make money off it. The VERY FIRST snake-oil salesmen were selling "miracle" elixers specifically to cure hairloss. They said they were nature's miracle, and they made a chit-ton off the rubes.

I'm now 32 years old. I began balding at 17, and used every manner of over-the-counter supplement and vitamin, including all of the ones that you'd mentioned. I threw my money away in the hopes that some natural cure could succeed in reversing my hair loss. The only thing it does is ensure that both your hair and your wallet will be thin.

The items listed in this regimen have been around for decades in pill form. Hair loss has been around forever. So how come this dudebro Taieon is the first one to crack the code, and not the myriad of scientists that have been searching for a cure for many years? Because it's pure nonsense. What I've learned is that if a chemical is listed as being able to prevent hair loss, it would either have a peer-reviewed article written about it, or an article on the nhs.gov website. Anything else is a false claim propped up by the vitamin/supplement industry, which is permitted to say whatever they want.
    It is proven in peer-reviewed medical journals that nizoral (or the active ingrediant, ketocozanol) will inihibit inflammation/dht and should be used as a tool against hair loss. Everything else on that list is just flushing your money down the toilet.

Don't feel bad, OP. I literally thought the same way you did. Hell, Steve Jobs is a genius, but when his doctors told him he had liver cancer, he rejected western medicine and sought out a vegan-friendly, supplement-heavy natural cure. Look where that got him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh, forgot to point out the flaws in Taieon's photos. Like I said, when ya'll get older and more experienced with people claiming chit about hair loss cures on the internet, you pick up some skills. Like I said, those folks have the advantage, because we WANT to believe.

-In the before photos, the only clear one has his hair wet/gelled, thus accentuating his thin areas.
    -The after photos are all dry, so the individual hair shafts look thicker.
    -Now take a deeper look at the after photos. He'd grown his hair longer, and it's combed in such a way so as to cover the temples. He has very dark hair, so his hair blends together more easily and covers the skin behind with ease.

I know this because I'd done similar tactics to hide my own thinning temples. This guy hasn't regrown a single follicle.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Meanstick View Post
    Why would anyone accept going bald, when there are ways to fix it while fixing your health at the SAME TIME??
    Because it feeds the insecurity and you'll be constantly checking if you lost any hair, like you probably do now multiple times a day.

Originally Posted by LurkoLantern View Post
    Oh, forgot to point out the flaws in Taieon's photos. Like I said, when ya'll get older and more experienced with people claiming chit about hair loss cures on the internet, you pick up some skills. Like I said, those folks have the advantage, because we WANT to believe.

-In the before photos, the only clear one has his hair wet/gelled, thus accentuating his thin areas.
    -Now take a deeper look at the after photos. He'd grown his hair longer, and it's combed in such a way so as to cover the temples. He has very dark hair, so his hair blends together more easily and covers the skin behind with ease.

I know this because I'd done similar tactics to hide my own thinning temples. This guy hasn't regrown a single follicle.
    You've been balding since 17? Doesn't look bad at all for 15 years lol.

ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000) ArthurAardvark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    would rather go bald than go through all that (srs). gotta be expensive too every month. still skeptical hippo/10 how that guy goes from that hairline to basically a perfect one.

not a bald brah yet, but have a mature hairline. prolly one of those people who's destined to go bald at 40, so i'd like to do something to prolong it as long as possible. how often should i use nizoral shampoo at this point? once every other day? couple times a week?

Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bignate65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm just gonna keep shaving my head

sigh...well I guess somebody has to come in and give a swing of the reality stick. It's for your own good though, boys.

Nothing in the original post is accurate or true as it relates to hair loss (with the exception of the nizoral mention). I know OP, I know. When I first started losing my hair I tried the same approach. Many people have - heck, there's whole industries built around this. And that should be the first clue that you're falling into a marketing trap: You're in a desperate situation, and there are people that stand to make money off it. The VERY FIRST snake-oil salesmen were selling "miracle" elixers specifically to cure hairloss. They said they were nature's miracle, and they made a chit-ton off the rubes.

I'm now 32 years old. I began balding at 17, and used every manner of over-the-counter supplement and vitamin, including all of the ones that you'd mentioned. I threw my money away in the hopes that some natural cure could succeed in reversing my hair loss. The only thing it does is ensure that both your hair and your wallet will be thin.

The items listed in this regimen have been around for decades in pill form. Hair loss has been around forever. So how come this dudebro Taieon is the first one to crack the code, and not the myriad of scientists that have been searching for a cure for many years? Because it's pure nonsense. What I've learned is that if a chemical is listed as being able to prevent hair loss, it would either have a peer-reviewed article written about it, or an article on the nhs.gov website. Anything else is a false claim propped up by the vitamin/supplement industry, which is permitted to say whatever they want.
    It is proven in peer-reviewed medical journals that nizoral (or the active ingrediant, ketocozanol) will inihibit inflammation/dht and should be used as a tool against hair loss. Everything else on that list is just flushing your money down the toilet.

Don't feel bad, OP. I literally thought the same way you did. Hell, Steve Jobs is a genius, but when his doctors told him he had liver cancer, he rejected western medicine and sought out a vegan-friendly, supplement-heavy natural cure. Look where that got him.
    Funny thing is LurkoLantern, this protocol is working for me.

Who is profiting from this? The "vitamin industry"? Give me a break. None of these vitamins (to my knowledge) are marketed for hair loss. They are advertised for their health benefits for people who may be deficient in them.

Why would scientists work to develop a vitamin and mineral protocol to cure hairloss that costs ~$100 (super cheap) and fixes the ROOT CAUSE and makes you HEALTHIER when they can work to formulate a chemical compound that acts as a band-aid to the real issue (Propecia or Rogaine, anyone?) and takes YEARS to work. Oh yeah, Propecia also causes erectile dysfunction which makes you go out and buy more medicine to get your boners back. I'm sure you can see the real industry that's profiting from this.

Also, vegan diets are ****. Humans run optimally on meat, no wonder that diet didn't work for him.

Edit: I also bet you didn't cut wheat/grains out of your diet either. Grains inhibit absorption of minerals, so I'm not surprised that this (if you even used all of these supps simutaneously) didn't work for you.

TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TroyLeroy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

hey wisebrah, thx for info

what do you think about fin/rogaine/nizoral?
    "It is an illusion that youth is happy, an illusion of those who have lost it; but the young know they are wretched for they are full of the truthless ideal which have been instilled into them, and each time they come in contact with the real, they are bruised and wounded."

Originally Posted by AppsBrah View Post
    You've been balding since 17? Doesn't look bad at all for 15 years lol.
    LOL - funny you should say that.....(shifts eyes back and forth)

The truth is, I had a hair transplant about two years ago. (Apart from finasteride and ketocozonal, I guess hair transplants are the only other legit cure)

Here's me just before the transplant, after years of balding. I'd oiled up my hair so as to show the thinness

Plus weak jaw, weak chin, perpetual 5 o'clock shadow.

After my surgery, about 8-10 months in:

Then I grew out my beard & slicked my hair back. This photo is from about a month ago:

Originally Posted by ArthurAardvark View Post
    not a bald brah yet, but have a mature hairline. prolly one of those people who's destined to go bald at 40, so i'd like to do something to prolong it as long as possible. how often should i use nizoral shampoo at this point? once every other day? couple times a week?
    Doctors (people with MD's) and peer-reviewed journals have shown the most effective use for Nizoral is to use it twice a week (I use mine on Wednesday and Sunday mornings). Leave it on for a solid four minutes or so (I shave in the shower in the mean-time, as well as wash up other parts). Then rinse, and you're good to go.

Originally Posted by TroyLeroy View Post
    hey wisebrah, thx for info

what do you think about fin/rogaine/nizoral?
    Those are legitimately referred to in ALL HAIR LOSS FORUMS as "the big 3". Finasteride and nizoral have been proven in legitimate publications as successful. No other chemical has been directly proven to. NONE. I can't emphasize that enough. Granted, there are other chemicals that may perform similarly to finasteride, such as dutasteride, but it has never been tested (using the scientific method) to prevent hair loss.

Rogaine doesn't prevent hair loss at all, but rather increases blood flow near the scalp and promotes the growth of vellus hair (thin whispy fur/hair). For some people it works - I personally don't use it because the effort (you can only achieve good results by using it every day twice a day etc) isn't worth the reward (rogain-grown hairs are barely noticeable)

Incidentally, the Misc has produced two glorious threads that will enlighten all of you.
    1) The original hair loss guide: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...50361&page=265
    2) xRedStarx's excellent work that will answer every single question you have. I even posted a lengthy diatribe on the whole snake-oil issue in there. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=158889153

Funny thing is LurkoLantern, this protocol is working for me.

Who is profiting from this? The "vitamin industry"? Give me a break. None of these vitamins (to my knowledge) are marketed for hair loss. They are advertised for their health benefits for people who may be deficient in them.

Why would scientists work to develop a vitamin and mineral protocol to cure hairloss that costs ~$100 (super cheap) and fixes the ROOT CAUSE and makes you HEALTHIER when they can work to formulate a chemical compound that acts as a band-aid to the real issue (Propecia or Rogaine, anyone?) and takes YEARS to work. Oh yeah, Propecia also causes erectile dysfunction which makes you go out and buy more medicine to get your boners back. I'm sure you can see the real industry that's profiting from this.

Also, vegan diets are ****. Humans run optimally on meat, no wonder that diet didn't work for him.

Edit: I also bet you didn't cut wheat/grains out of your diet either. Grains inhibit absorption of minerals, so I'm not surprised that this (if you even used all of these supps simutaneously) didn't work for you.

Actually......I follow the wheat belly diet very strictly, as it is an effective way to achieve a cut.

In the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger", the narrator goes in depth on how big the vitamin/supplement industry is, and how it is legally permitted to say & claim anything. It has this legal protection because the senators for the states (mainly Utah) that these supplements are manufactured in are heavily lobbied.

You're also making a false conclusion, based on two affirmations (you do this for each vitamin you mention). For example: Yes, iodine is good for the thyroid. And yes, the thyroid filters blood and helps hair growth. Now for the fallacy - there is literally no legitimate proof on this earth that taking an iodine supplement will help your thyroid promote hair growth. I can provide eleventy billion links to news stories that time and again report on the huge lack of efficacy of vitamin pills (rather than vitamins via food).

The protocol is not working for you. You simply want it to. Believe me, I know, I wan't to believe....I wanted to believe for a long time. Here's the good news - you're presumably young, and therefore young enough to do something about it. If you're concerned with finasteride side effects, lower the dose. The below dose curve shows that a quarter of a pill is nearly as effective as a whole pill. I take a quarter pill daily and have no noticeable sides. You could probably even get away with taking that amount every other day (skipping a day) since it takes the body so long to produce more DHT.

Actually......I follow the wheat belly diet very strictly, as it is an effective way to achieve a cut.

In the documentary "Bigger, Faster, Stronger", the narrator goes in depth on how big the vitamin/supplement industry is, and how it is legally permitted to say & claim anything. It has this legal protection because the senators for the states (mainly Utah) that these supplements are manufactured in are heavily lobbied.

You're also making a false conclusion, based on two affirmations (you do this for each vitamin you mention). For example: Yes, iodine is good for the thyroid. And yes, the thyroid filters blood and helps hair growth. Now for the fallacy - there is literally no legitimate proof on this earth that taking an iodine supplement will help your thyroid promote hair growth. I can provide eleventy billion links to news stories that time and again report on the huge lack of efficacy of vitamin pills (rather than vitamins via food).

The protocol is not working for you. You simply want it to. Believe me, I know, I wan't to believe....I wanted to believe for a long time. Here's the good news - you're presumably young, and therefore young enough to do something about it. If you're concerned with finasteride side effects, lower the dose. The below dose curve shows that a quarter of a pill is nearly as effective as a whole pill. I take a quarter pill daily and have no noticeable sides. You could probably even get away with taking that amount every other day (skipping a day) since it takes the body so long to produce more DHT.
    But are you eating rice or other grains though? The phytic acid also inhibits mineral absorption.

I can tell you for a fact that I am seeing results from this, and I'm sorry that you didn't see the same.

All I want to do is share what I've found to work for me with the misc, I'm not making any monetary gain. You can take it or leave it.

Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sounds Good is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb more pills than an AIDS patient.

Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Zapsterk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pretty good, LurkoLantern. How much did that cost you?

But are you eating rice or other grains though? The phytic acid also inhibits mineral absorption.

I can tell you for a fact that I am seeing results from this, and I'm sorry that you didn't see the same.

All I want to do is share what I've found to work for me with the misc, I'm not making any monetary gain. You can take it or leave it.
    I think the best thing to come out of this thread is that you've been made aware of the two threads I posted links to. You and I are linked as brothers in hair loss. We're all gonna make it bro.

(FYI -Google "cauliflower rice", I make it one a week and mix curry powder with it. Best rice substitute I've found)

LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LovePollution has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to believe.
    How dare you!

Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.

LTC

Originally Posted by HEAT-34 View Post
    to the guy that got the hair transplant, how much did that run you? and im assuming your taking fin to prevent any further loss?
    $15k, yeah I take 0.25mg of fin every day

SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000) SiZzLaX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by the700level View Post
    OP im kinda with this guy.. 50 pills for the rest of my life? I dunno man.
    *ελευθερία ή θάνατος*
    ~ελληνικο crew~

Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    $15k, yeah I take 0.25mg of fin every day
    How long after you started balding did you take fin?

Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50) Redis will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hair looks great now, hair transplant guy.