bloodyoxygen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need some help on the bench

I recently over the past few months lost about 45 lbs, I have been going to the gym for about three weeks now. I am only able to bench press 45 lbs I do three sets of twelve on the flat bench and the incline. I have went up in a weight quite a bit on a few things, especially triceps stuff. When I try to increase weight for the bench press, my form fly's out the window and I bring the bar down all uneven. Going to the gym made me see how weak I was lol. On the path to fixing it now though. Any help is very much appreciated.

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go girl!
    Under Construction.

Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does your form go to hell right away with more weight, or is it towards the end of the set?

Are you doing compound lifts, or isolation work?

lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10) lorrenhix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really nice work! Congratulations on the weight loss and getting into lifting.

Try benching with dumbbells for a while instead. If you've just started lifting, you're going to have some imbalances. Typically one arm will be stronger than the other until you force each arm to pull its own weight, and since one arm can overcompensate for the other with a barbell, dumbbells are more efficient for correcting that imbalance. If you work on dumbbell benching first it really forces your body to even out and does wonders for your balance. You're not weak, your central nervous system just hasn't adapted to the movement yet. I had the same issue with my barbell bench (the bar would always come down super crooked) but benching with dumbbells has completely fixed it and caused my barbell bench to jump up by quite a bit.

MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000) MadCatLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yep, try dumbels. Also, do you have a spotter? I think that psychologically that helps. I can bench a lot more with one, even if he isn't actually doing anything.
    Bench press: current 65kg, goal 70kg
    Squat: current 75kg, goal 90kg
    Deadlift: current 100kg, goal 120kg

Natural Physique Assoc. (UK) figure 2014, 2nd place.

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^. A spotter on BB flat bench to boost confidence. Alternatively, you can use the smith machine if you train solo.

Really, ya just gotta keep on keeping on. FWIW, bench is far and away my worst life.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I echo the sentiments of what has been posted above re using dumbbells to even out imbalances and using a spotter where/if possible

Other than that I found that also focusing on building tricep and shoulder strength really helped my bench lifts

Good luck!!

thanks for the advice yall. Very helpful. I do have a spotter sometimes lol I always do wayyyy better for whatever reason. I will switch over to the dumb bells, I have been doing a mix of both but haven't made it my main focus. The imbalance makes perfect sense! I will keep at it and try to get some better pictures up of my progress. Been a long journey but it got a lot easier when I stopped all the crash dieting and marketing schemes. I finally learned there is no quick fix and now I could never see going back. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Mystery105 View Post
    Does your form go to hell right away with more weight, or is it towards the end of the set?

Are you doing compound lifts, or isolation work?
    I do mostly compound stuff, I do some isolation on the triceps but thats really all. Im doing bench press and variations of it, assisted pull ups, lots of rowing movements, squats, planks and push ups. Things of that nature. My form instantly goes to hell. I added five lbs and was all over the place. I got through a set, doing 8 reps 3 times. I just want to make sure I can keep good form.

jamesz04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You are doing fantastic. Keep up!

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bloodyoxygen View Post
    I do mostly compound stuff, I do some isolation on the triceps but thats really all. Im doing bench press and variations of it, assisted pull ups, lots of rowing movements, squats, planks and push ups. Things of that nature. My form instantly goes to hell. I added five lbs and was all over the place. I got through a set, doing 8 reps 3 times. I just want to make sure I can keep good form.
    What kind of program are you running? Do you have a built in progression in it? Do you play with reps and sets to keep you moving forward? Do you pyramid your sets/rep

If you are working hard enough, when you add 5 pounds, you should not be able to complete 3x8 the first time around. Maybe 5 reps once and that's ok.

Try doing sets like this
    1x10-12 with your regular weight
    1x4x8 with an extra 5 pounds
    1x4-8 with the extra 5 pounds

That's just one variation but you get the idea. You can even try heavier for sets of 2-4.
    You need to keep that progression going.

And how many times a week do you bench? Maybe try twice, be consistent RECORD all your sessions. You need to keep trying harder everytime.

To be good at something, you have to do it over and over again.

And oh I'm pretty sure you can buy 1.25lbs plates so that might help you add weight by 2.5 lbs increment instead of 5lbs.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Originally Posted by mcbourque View Post
    What kind of program are you running? Do you have a built in progression in it? Do you play with reps and sets to keep you moving forward? Do you pyramid your sets/rep

If you are working hard enough, when you add 5 pounds, you should not be able to complete 3x8 the first time around. Maybe 5 reps once and that's ok.

Try doing sets like this
    1x4x8 with an extra 5 pounds
    1x4-8 with the extra 5 pounds

That's just one variation but you get the idea. You can even try heavier for sets of 2-4.
    You need to keep that progression going.

And how many times a week do you bench? Maybe try twice, be consistent RECORD all your sessions. You need to keep trying harder everytime.

To be good at something, you have to do it over and over again.

And oh I'm pretty sure you can buy 1.25lbs plates so that might help you add weight by 2.5 lbs increment instead of 5lbs.

I'm not really on a set program honestly. I am benching or doing some variation of a bench press all three days that I am in the gym. Here was what I did in the gym one day

Row
    55lb x 12
    70lb x 10
    70lb x 10

Tricep pull down
    40lb x 12
    40lb x 12
    40lb x 15

Leg press
    115lb x 12
    115lb x 10
    115lb x 10

Bench press
    45lb x 12
    50lb x 8
    50lbx 7

Tricep overhead extension.
    20lb x 6
    20lb x 3
    15lb x 11

Squats
    3 sets of ten

Plank
    1 min 10 sec
    45 sec
    45 sec
    35 sec

Lat row
    55lb x. 12
    55lb x 8
    55lb x 8

Dumb bell shoulder press
    15 x 12
    15 x 7
    15 x 6

Incline bench press
    45 x 6
    45 x 6

Cardio
    bike 25 min

I am going back and forth on weight sizes still trying to figure it all out. I guess maybe I need to look into a solid program for some guidance. Most things I have read say just do big compound movements and up your weights and you will get stronger. I really appreciate the help! Lots of good advice. I can lift more weight on the bench, it's just my form sucks when I do.

lol I scared everyone away

jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jrobb82 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not really on a set program honestly. I am benching or doing some variation of a bench press all three days that I am in the gym.
    I'd get on a pro designed beginners program with built in progression. Take the guess work out of it.

Originally Posted by jrobb82 View Post
    I'd get on a pro designed beginners program with built in progression. Take the guess work out of it.
    know of any good ones? Most I find have pull ups, and heavy squatting and lots of push-ups. I am not able to do those things yet. I try to do stuff that is working those so I can build up to it. Hell I am struggling to squat with no weight. I dont know what variations of their programs I should do to make it for someone who is so far behind like I am.

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It does sound like you're problem is somewhat psychological. Logic would dictate that if you can do 12 reps with the bar, you should be able to do at least 6 reps with an additional 10 lbs.

Many of my female clients struggle with chest and shoulder strength. But they usually perform better when they know I can catch the bar. I also employ the use of negative reps with my clients, especially for bench and shoulder presses. So ask for the spot-don't be afraid!!!

I have many "mantras" one of them being "it all starts with one rep". Once you can do one, next time do 2 and keep working up.

You may also want to try warming up with some light cable flys and skip you set with the bar and just start with the additional weight. I would also drop your rep range on the lighter sets and focus in going for as many as you can with you heaviest weight.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50) lowedown will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    know of any good ones? Most I find have pull ups, and heavy squatting and lots of push-ups. I am not able to do those things yet. I try to do stuff that is working those so I can build up to it. Hell I am struggling to squat with no weight. I dont know what variations of their programs I should do to make it for someone who is so far behind like I am.
    I throw in a lot of pull up and push up variations as I build up my upper body. Doing band pull ups has helped me so incredibly much. It's just sped my progress up so quickly.

And don't worry that it's not a lot of weight right now! Thinking in terms of "being far behind" or thinking others expect you to do differently isn't beneficial. Slow gains are still gains -- you got this!

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Vids of your form on main lifts? There's usually a lot there that can be corrected and your lifts will increase right away once you fix that.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

thanks for the help yall, I am going to the gym tomorrow so I will get some videos to post. I will also try some of the things yall suggested. I am feeling very pumped and motivated!!!

poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) poxyd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have anything useful to add but to say: I'm right there with you.
    This thread has been very helpful! Thanks very much y'all!
    Professional rabble rouser.
    Mother.
    Living with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Fibro.
    A work in progress, but aren't we all?

Also not sure if this actually matters, but I am doing that thing where I eat all my calories over like 6 hours. So I am going to the gym fasted everytime. I wonder if this may be some of the reason for struggling through some of the bigger movements?

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also not sure if this actually matters, but I am doing that thing where I eat all my calories over like 6 hours. So I am going to the gym fasted everytime. I wonder if this may be some of the reason for struggling through some of the bigger movements?
    Intermittent Fasting, I do that a lot of times unintentionally, just fits with my schedule. I never noticed a difference either way, but sure maybe try having a snack a couple hours before gym and see if you feel better.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lower reps from a mass building range to a strength building range, ie 5 reps. Once you (re) develop a base of strength, then go back to a bodybuilding format. Don't add 5lbs to an upper body exercise, add 2.5lbs per workout once you get past your newbie gains. This is what I recommended my girlfriend do... add 5 lbs each week until you stall/fail. Repeat the weight another week, if you fail, reset 10% and increase weight again, this time 2.5lbs per workout. Women don't have the upper body strength of men - and even men need to use smaller increments for increasing weight on upper body.

Once you get that 5 rep range up, you'll notice some roll over in the "mass" building range. Like when I got a 275lb Bench for sets of 5 for example 225 was cake for 12 reps. Before focusing on the strength, 225 seemed impossible.

Also, keep your shoulders down and back, build a strong "base" to push off of. Make sure your legs are set 90 degrees and firm into the ground, push towards your chest with them to create tension, and keep your bum on the bench. There should be a slight arch to your lower back and your upper back/shoulders should be dug into the bench. Creating this rigid platform builds a foundation to push off of.

Bench is one of those exercises that suffers most from weight loss / being depleted. Sip some Gatorade/Powerade during your workout for energy and eat a complex carb 45 - 60 minutes before your workout. Good luck.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not really on a set program honestly. I am benching or doing some variation of a bench press all three days that I am in the gym. Here was what I did in the gym one day

Row
    55lb x 12
    70lb x 10
    70lb x 10

Tricep pull down
    40lb x 12
    40lb x 12
    40lb x 15

Leg press
    115lb x 12
    115lb x 10
    115lb x 10

Bench press
    45lb x 12
    50lb x 8
    50lbx 7

Tricep overhead extension.
    20lb x 6
    20lb x 3
    15lb x 11

Squats
    3 sets of ten

Plank
    1 min 10 sec
    45 sec
    45 sec
    35 sec

Lat row
    55lb x. 12
    55lb x 8
    55lb x 8

Dumb bell shoulder press
    15 x 12
    15 x 7
    15 x 6

Incline bench press
    45 x 6
    45 x 6

Cardio
    bike 25 min

I am going back and forth on weight sizes still trying to figure it all out. I guess maybe I need to look into a solid program for some guidance. Most things I have read say just do big compound movements and up your weights and you will get stronger. I really appreciate the help! Lots of good advice. I can lift more weight on the bench, it's just my form sucks when I do.
    Um, yeah. Not a great idea to make up your own routine until you've got some experience under your belt. For a newbie probably way too much isolation stuff. Just focus on the primary lifts/compounds right now and get good at those. Starting Strength or other similar program is a good start. Maybe with bench, after a nice low weight warm up set, try doing sets of 3 or 4. See if you can move weight that way. One of my favorite plateau busters is to do sets of 2 or 3 with increasingly heavy weight until I can't go up any more, then drop the weight each set after that, doing as many reps as I can. This almost always works for me.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by HeroesFall View Post

Also, keep your shoulders down and back, build a strong "base" to push off of. Make sure your legs are set 90 degrees and firm into the ground, push towards your chest with them to create tension, and keep your bum on the bench. There should be a slight arch to your lower back and your upper back/shoulders should be dug into the bench. Creating this rigid platform builds a foundation to push off of.

For the first time today something clicked, Its when I really dug my shoulders into the bench. I went up to 55 lbs and it forced me to really push on the last couple reps and once I felt my shoulders really lock into the bench it all made sense. Thanks SO much for the help. I got three sets of 5 to 6 reps in at 55 lbs!! I

Also I am trying to figure out how to upload the vid of my form.

okay I dont know how to get the link to post the right way but if you copy and paste it should work. Here is a vid of me warming up with just the bar

I am looking foward to hearing what I can do better!

here is me adding five lbs to it.

After that I bumped it up another five and got though the 3 sets of 5-6 reps. I seemed to get a much better workout that way, Then I dropped the weight back to the bar and went to failure which was 17 more reps. Thanks for all the help again. I now have a much better understanding of the bench press and different ways to go about making it better.

I cant figure out how to upload the video and it wont let me post a link

HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000) HeroesFall is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Do only 3 or 4 sets of 5, then be done. Don't do burn sets, drop sets, etc. just do sets for strength. Your goal isn't going to failure. What you're doing is training your body to deal with heavier loads and recruiting better mind/muscle connection (you are training your nervous system to better fire those muscles) in addition to building muscle as well.

Even if you feel good on a weight, stick to consistent weight progression.. ie don't do 5 lbs this week, 10 lbs next week, etc. just because you "feel good". What will happen is you'll burn yourself out, because your body won't be able to recover fast enough. Lifting is a marathon, not a sprint.

I highly recommend doing some research on proper form for all of your compound lifts. I personally bought the Starting Strength book, its a good read on proper form and explains how you should "track" your movements. No, I'm not associated with it at all, just making a friendly recommendation. That said, if you dig enough, can probably find all of the information for free online, or get it from the many helpful ladies here. If you're truly a newbie, I'd focus on the compound movements to start, then do the fun isolated stuff later.

Most importantly though, do what you enjoy and will keep you going back into the gym consistently. You don't want burn out. Even an 80% affective program that you never skip/miss is better than an 105% program that you make excuses not to do.

Originally Posted by HeroesFall View Post
    Do only 3 or 4 sets of 5, then be done. Don't do burn sets, drop sets, etc. just do sets for strength. Your goal isn't going to failure. What you're doing is training your body to deal with heavier loads and recruiting better mind/muscle connection (you are training your nervous system to better fire those muscles) in addition to building muscle as well.

Even if you feel good on a weight, stick to consistent weight progression.. ie don't do 5 lbs this week, 10 lbs next week, etc. just because you "feel good". What will happen is you'll burn yourself out, because your body won't be able to recover fast enough. Lifting is a marathon, not a sprint.

I highly recommend doing some research on proper form for all of your compound lifts. I personally bought the Starting Strength book, its a good read on proper form and explains how you should "track" your movements. No, I'm not associated with it at all, just making a friendly recommendation. That said, if you dig enough, can probably find all of the information for free online, or get it from the many helpful ladies here. If you're truly a newbie, I'd focus on the compound movements to start, then do the fun isolated stuff later.

Most importantly though, do what you enjoy and will keep you going back into the gym consistently. You don't want burn out. Even an 80% affective program that you never skip/miss is better than an 105% program that you make excuses not to do.
    Im guessing I need to find a good program or really research some compound movements and what to do on what days. Its all so much to learn at once lol. Plus everyone has different opinions on EVERYTHING, which is understandable because really the only way to know what works is to try it. I am excited to learn and try different things. Thanks for the advice! I wish I knew how to post a vid so I could see how my form looks.

Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fitchick93 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You have to have at least 50 posts in order to post videos or pictures.