sarahhuls has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Confused on why I'm not losing weight

I started out at the gym January 20. Got a person trainer I see at least two times a week and I'm at the gym 5 days a week. I also see a nutritionist to help with the dieting. Ok so I'm 5'6" and weigh 184 (I've lost 1 pound) started at 49.9% body fat down to 46% now. (I am weak and have no muscle, also have osteoarthritis in my left hip and a shoulder injury). At 30!! Anyway I'm learning to eat veggies and am almost on the paleo diet but my nutritionist has me on full dairy if I have dairy anyway. I have my protein shake after my workout and that's it. I got measured today also and I've only lost a half in off my hips. I'm not sure if my body is being stubborn or if my body type is going to take years to get to my goal. I do some form of cardio everyday and weights. My goal is to get to 155 and build muscle. Lots of muscle. Also I can do miles and miles on an elliptical, bike, treadmill but every time my legs feel so weak. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it?

DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DarthInvadeHer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you count calories? You're eating too much. Read the stickies.

Originally Posted by DarthInvadeHer View Post
    Do you count calories? You're eating too much. Read the stickies.
    I'm eating around 1600 calories a day or less. I drink nothing but water constantly. Breakfast is always eggs and sometimes bacon. I'll have my protein shake after a workout then usually steak/chicken and veggies. Dinner is starting to be my smallest meal with usually leftover lunch and if I cheat it's cereal. (Bad habit) Ive also gone gluten free which I thought would help more. I almost question the full dairy my nutritionist has me on but she's the nutritionist not me.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sarahhuls View Post
    I'm eating around 1600 calories a day or less. I drink nothing but water constantly. Breakfast is always eggs and sometimes bacon. I'll have my protein shake after a workout then usually steak/chicken and veggies. Dinner is starting to be my smallest meal with usually leftover lunch and if I cheat it's cereal. (Bad habit) Ive also gone gluten free which I thought would help more. I almost question the full dairy my nutritionist has me on but she's the nutritionist not me.
    But do you weigh and log all of your intake.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    But do you weigh and log all of your intake.
    I have kept up with all my intake for about a month. I'm not as much as I was since I've learned what foods are under my calorie intake. But also my nutritionist tells me not to count calories. I've signed up for A 90 day challenge at the gym and I really want to transform my body.

HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000) HandoverFist is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're not weighing and measuring your food accurately and not losing weight it's more than likely you're eating too much.
    ***100lb+ Lost Club***
    ***Canadian Crew***
    Start Weight 285lbs Goal Weight 199.9lbs-Goal met Jan 14th/14
    Ultimate goal 185lbs-Goal met Mar 11/14

Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Waziristan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a 3% reduction in bf would be more than 1 pound for you. in terms of weight loss forget these weirdo fads like dairy, non dairy, paleo or whatever. its ALL about calories no matter what you eat, it seems to me this trainer of yours is trying to over complicate a simple matter in order to seem relevant.
    Afghan Muscle

Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Around 1600 calories? How do you know this? You need to weigh everything you consume, measuring cups are ONLY for liquid, everything else needs to get put on a digital scale & weighed. There is nothing wrong with eating cereal, I eat it every single day, I love it. Losing fat is pretty basic. You need to burn more calories in a day than your body uses. That's it. Gluten, dairy, cereal...none of that matters. You need to figure out your macronutrient needs (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183) and stick to them. Get yourself an app to track food & weigh it all. I eat gluten, I eat dairy, I eat the crap out of cereal, it all fits my macros & calories. Make healthy choices, but don't restrict yourself completely, you are guaranteed to crash & burn.

And, on top of all of that, cut yourself some slack. 3% body fat reduction, 1/2 inch on the hips? That IS progress. I know it's not the progress you were hoping for, but it IS progress. Get your diet in check & I guarantee you, you WILL see results.

Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Mystery105 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have kept up with all my intake for about a month. I'm not as much as I was since I've learned what foods are under my calorie intake. But also my nutritionist tells me not to count calories. I've signed up for A 90 day challenge at the gym and I really want to transform my body.
    Fire her.

phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phoenixr2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Almost on the paleo diet but doing full dairy? Doesnt make any sense.

Sounds like you need to fire your nutritionist and start counting calories for yourself.
    Only a life lived for others, is a life worthwhile.

Thanks everyone! I think y'all have given me great advice to regroup how and what I'm doing here. I don't want to be just skinny I want to really be for and build muscle and I know I have a long road ahead.