Kapsux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bodyfat % and should i cut or bulk?

Hi,

Stats:

75kg

Deadlift 120kg - after not doing a single deadlift for 3 years (Because no time to focus on serious training,just here and there training in school..)

Bench Press - 1 rep max is 85kg

Squat - havent tested

Biceps - Ez bar 45kg can do for 6-8 reps (tested today)
    Last edited by Kapsux; 02-26-2014 at 10:02 AM.

MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat at maintenance and train hard on a proper routine ( see the stickies). bf% is too high to bulk imo but if you do bulk then use a 10% surplus.
    adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.

Originally Posted by MrRipley View Post
    Eat at maintenance and train hard on a proper routine ( see the stickies). bf% is too high to bulk imo but if you do bulk then use a 10% surplus.
    I will keep your answer in mind,but do u know the approx bf% i am in at the moment? thanks
    Last edited by Kapsux; 02-26-2014 at 08:28 AM.

MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000) MrRipley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kapsux View Post
    I will keep your answer in mind,but do u know the approx bf% i am in at the moment?

I was bulking before and not counting calories but i did start reducing some other random foods a little to see how it goes and it felt bad,i calculated my calorie intake approx which was 2300+ a day with some low calorie icecream or other stuff like some grams of chocolate bars.. you know that extra 300-400+ calories. I felt like there was a sudden drop of energy in me which felt (too much of a drop) is it okay at the start?

^Before that i ate way more calories but i felt better even if i didnt excercise for a few months
    I think you're bodyfat is 18-20%. Sudden drop in energy is normal if you drop calories too fast. Establish your maintenance calories first -use an online calculator such as on IIFYM.com and then see what value you get. A better method would be to use that value in the calculator and eat those calories for 10-12 days and see if you're bodyweight doesn't move. If it doesn't then you have found your maintenance.

Assuming you are new to lifting, i would like to see you eating at maintenance cals and training on a good fullbody program.

If you cut, it would be going Auschwitz mode and this is a bodybuilding forum, so it's nicer if you could build some muscle first before cutting

I think you're bodyfat is 18-20%. Sudden drop in energy is normal if you drop calories too fast. Establish your maintenance calories first -use an online calculator such as on IIFYM.com and then see what value you get. A better method would be to use that value in the calculator and eat those calories for 10-12 days and see if you're bodyweight doesn't move. If it doesn't then you have found your maintenance.

Assuming you are new to lifting, i would like to see you eating at maintenance cals and training on a good fullbody program.
    holy **** didn't really think i'm near 18-20%..

Thanks for the help,ill see what i can do with those calories,

repped

f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    really depends on what you want to do, gain strength for power lifting, gain muscle, loose fat- looking at your physique i'd probably be bulking and lifting heavy to gain muscle for the next few months, training and correct diet will cut your BF% any way
    follow my new journal ..it's gonna be a hell of a ride!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152640003

It's not a tumor--

Without pain, without sacrafice we would have nothing....

There's two types of people in this word ...I Don't like either of them

holy **** didn't really think i'm near 18-20%..

Thanks for the help,ill see what i can do with those calories,

repped
    I think you might actually be around the 15-17 mark, but it doesn't matter really just eat at maintenance and train like a beast using a proper program.

Originally Posted by f View Post
    really depends on what you want to do, gain strength for power lifting, gain muscle, loose fat- looking at your physique i'd probably be bulking and lifting heavy to gain muscle for the next few months, training and correct diet will cut your BF% any way

Well at first you should gain strength as much as i know,then focus on building muscle? for more repetitions after the strenght gain? correct me if im wrong pls.

Im looking for gaining muscle and losing fat. But i do not want to gain unbalanced muscles which makes your body look unnatractive... if that made any sense

Well at first you should gain strength as much as i know,then focus on building muscle? for more repetitions after the strenght gain? correct me if im wrong pls.

Im looking for gaining muscle and losing fat. But i do not want to gain unbalanced muscles which makes your body look unnatractive... if that made any sense
    Do one of those 5x5 beginner routines, check the stickies.

f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

by training your muscles you gain size which also gains strength and vice versa to a degree.

if your after strength gains check out the stronglifts 5x5 routines and power lifting diets.

gaining unbalanced muscle just comes down to correct training say if you train your chest 4 days a week and everything else on one day you're going to look out of proportion, as long as you're hitting your marco's and training well you'll be dropping BF% and gaining muscle ..win win.

eat well, train well, sleep well at your stage i wouldnt be worried about cutting or bulking just be consistent
    follow my new journal ..it's gonna be a hell of a ride!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152640003

It's not a tumor--

Without pain, without sacrafice we would have nothing....

There's two types of people in this word ...I Don't like either of them

Originally Posted by f View Post
    by training your muscles you gain size which also gains strength and vice versa to a degree.

if your after strength gains check out the stronglifts 5x5 routines and power lifting diets.

gaining unbalanced muscle just comes down to correct training say if you train your chest 4 days a week and everything else on one day you're going to look out of proportion, as long as you're hitting your marco's and training well you'll be dropping BF% and gaining muscle ..win win.

eat well, train well, sleep well at your stage i wouldnt be worried about cutting or bulking just be consistent
    Ill keep everything you said in mind! (and read the stickis ofc) but as in muscle gain differance i meant

For example on leg muscles "Not being blown up like a balloon and being very wide" instead more being "Narrower and defined"
    (Like zyzz had or some other bodybuilders)

Ill keep everything you said in mind! (and read the stickis ofc) but as in muscle gain differance i meant

For example on leg muscles "Not being blown up like a balloon and being very wide" instead more being "Narrower and defined"
    (Like zyzz had or some other bodybuilders)
    Both those groups use copious amounts of supplementation. Lift hard for a few years, see where your genetics take you.

Both those groups use copious amounts of supplementation. Lift hard for a few years, see where your genetics take you.
    i forgot to mention i wont use supplements (or i will in the long run but not at the moment),

but i get it now thanks.

i forgot to mention i wont use supplements (or i will in the long run but not at the moment),

but i get it now thanks.
    I wasn't talking about that kind of supplementation. More along the lines of unnatural supplementation.

I wasn't talking about that kind of supplementation. More along the lines of unnatural supplementation.
    You mean steroid type cycles? well that i will never use.
    Last edited by Kapsux; 02-26-2014 at 11:02 AM.