Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Spartan race help!

I'm looking to compete in all distances of the spartan race which is essentially a long distance obstacle race, (5k, 10k, 21k)
    Obstacles include:
    Jumping over and under fences of varying height, some low some high,
    rope climbs,
    cliff climbing,
    heavy carries,
    net climbs,
    monkey bar type obstacle,
    rope pulls, ie lifting object using pulley
    pulling concrete blocks,
    tire flips,

and others

Right now I am doing strength training and basic cardio
    I've started to incorporate a lot more grip training however I dont have access to ropes to climb or simmilar equipment?

Has anyone out there competed in an obstacle race? If so, how did you train? how do you WISH you trained?

If anyone hasnt here is a first person view of some obstacles (www[/url] x.x youtube x.x com/watch?v=cAJBdoSR85k )

I'm looking to train to both have the power to complete obstacles and the muscular endurance to finish all of the obstacles

Thanks in advance!

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mombocat View Post
    I'm looking to compete in all distances of the spartan race which is essentially a long distance obstacle race, (5k, 10k, 21k)
    Obstacles include:
    Jumping over and under fences of varying height, some low some high,
    rope climbs,
    cliff climbing,
    heavy carries,
    net climbs,
    monkey bar type obstacle,
    rope pulls, ie lifting object using pulley
    pulling concrete blocks,
    tire flips,

and others

Right now I am doing strength training and basic cardio
    I've started to incorporate a lot more grip training however I dont have access to ropes to climb or simmilar equipment?

Has anyone out there competed in an obstacle race? If so, how did you train? how do you WISH you trained?

If anyone hasnt here is a first person view of some obstacles (www[/url] x.x youtube x.x com/watch?v=cAJBdoSR85k )

I'm looking to train to both have the power to complete obstacles and the muscular endurance to finish all of the obstacles

Thanks in advance!
    Back in the 90s, I was part of a group that got very good at obstacle courses. It was called the Army. We did a lot of endurance-based PT and bodyweight exercises. To improve at obstacle courses, we generally did something that seems to be heresy, nowadays. We did a lot of obstacle courses.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    Back in the 90s, I was part of a group that got very good at obstacle courses. It was called the Army.
    this is for people who want to be "elite" without having to give up their weekend.

onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000) onelochevy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did the spartan sprint last october in mississippi. My first ever race of any kind. To train, I suggest finding all the trails in your area and run them over and over again. Get used to going long distances on rough terrain. Get some good trail shoes. Strenght wise, you need to be a good climber. Several walls to climb over, as well as a rope climb. At the race I did, you had to climb over a 6ft. wall just to get to the starting line.

Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mombocat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm an ex cross country runner so distance and trail wise, thats no issue, I guess I'll focus on aspects of climbing