Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Chest day! What is too much to gain muscle and strength?

I have slowly been getting stronger over the past 6 months and i am wondering is i am over doing it when i work out or not. Im not one to sit around and play cell phone games when I'm there. I am limited to 1.5 hours - 2 hrs per session and i like to get every minute while I'm there. I want to be able to gain and not hurt my progress so i wanted to throw up a thread and get some feedback. Below was my last nights routine. I was at the gym 1 hr 40 minutes. I see some threads where it is 3 sets for 8 reps for chest. Is this TOTAL chest? Or is it 3 sets of say flat bench, decline, and incline? I do all three exercises when i do "chest day".

Start off with a warm up stretching with 20lb DB's
    20 push ups with DB's for base.
    Flat bench DB press = 70lb DB's for a set of 10, 80lb DB for a set of 10, and 95lb DB's for 8
    Decline Bench Bar = 225lbs for 10, 275lbs for only 2 today, and 255 for 7. Usually i can get 4 @ 275 at least and 10 @ 255 but i think the DB presses wore me out..
    Incline Bench Bar = 175 for 8, 155 for 9, and 135 for 8 and i was shot..
    I do some cable one arm triceps with a rope in-between the benching sets. 25lbs for 10, 30 for 10, 30 for 8 Is this bad? I know my tri's feel it…
    Db pull overs while laying sideways on my back, (shoulders only thing touching bench surface) 70 DB for 10 and 80lb DB for 8.
    I did some curling in-between ad also pull-ups as well to keep blood going. Last for the chest was standing cable flys. Start off with 50lbs for 12, 60lbs for 12, 70lbs for 10, and i got out 80lbs for 5!
    That finished me out for chest then i did 150 sit ups and some kneeling cable pull downs for abs with 175lbs for about 60 reps...

Today i am sore a touch but not too bad. I have to bring a ton of pellets in the basement so i will exercise legs and back today… Never a rest day! LOL

Is this too much???
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body!

People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it…

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, don't do it.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh, ****, dude. You're in Catskill? Too cool. My wife's from Greenville. We live in Schoharie County now.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, very few of my workouts last more than an hour. A chest day will look like 5x5 on the flat bench, some weighted dips and maybe dumbbell presses.....throw in some triceps work and I have a workout. But I also work near my one rep max, so it is a little more taxing than it appears.

Is it to much? Try cutting back on the exercise or volume and see what happens.
    Last edited by Smelly bull; 02-25-2014 at 02:11 PM. Reason: I read the title...answered my question.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500) POrtergolf is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Geneius365 View Post
    I have slowly been getting stronger over the past 6 months and i am wondering is i am over doing it when i work out or not. Im not one to sit around and play cell phone games when I'm there. I am limited to 1.5 hours - 2 hrs per session and i like to get every minute while I'm there. I want to be able to gain and not hurt my progress so i wanted to throw up a thread and get some feedback. Below was my last nights routine. I was at the gym 1 hr 40 minutes. I see some threads where it is 3 sets for 8 reps for chest. Is this TOTAL chest? Or is it 3 sets of say flat bench, decline, and incline? I do all three exercises when i do "chest day".

Flat bench DB press = 70lb DB's for a set of 10, 80lb DB for a set of 10, and 95lb DB's for 8
    Decline Bench Bar = 225lbs for 10, 275lbs for only 2 today, and 255 for 7. Usually i can get 4 @ 275 at least and 10 @ 255 but i think the DB presses wore me out..
    I do some cable one arm triceps with a rope in-between the benching sets. 25lbs for 10, 30 for 10, 30 for 8 Is this bad? I know my tri's feel it…
    Db pull overs while laying sideways on my back, (shoulders only thing touching bench surface) 70 DB for 10 and 80lb DB for 8.
    I did some curling in-between ad also pull-ups as well to keep blood going. Last for the chest was standing cable flys. Start off with 50lbs for 12, 60lbs for 12, 70lbs for 10, and i got out 80lbs for 5!
    That finished me out for chest then i did 150 sit ups and some kneeling cable pull downs for abs with 175lbs for about 60 reps...

Today i am sore a touch but not too bad. I have to bring a ton of pellets in the basement so i will exercise legs and back today… Never a rest day! LOL

Is this too much???
    I don't know what is too much, I just wanted to comment and say I wish I was "limited" to 2hrs....

I had chest and bi's today, I will post for comparison.

2 warm ups sets.

Working sets
    5 Sets Incline DB (5 set was drop set)
    4 Sets Flat BB Bench (first time I have used the BB in 8-9 months)
    4-Sets Incline fly
    4 Sets Incline Hammer Strength (4 set was drop set)

Bi's
    4 Set Hammer Curls
    4 Sets Straight Bar Curl
    4 Sets E-Z Curl preacher curl (last 2 sets were drop sets)
    2 Sets Cross Body Hammer Curl
    4 Sets one are cable curl (last set was drop sets)

I work in the 8-12 rep range

This took me 1h 10m and I got trapped for 5 minutes by a gym talker.
    https://www.********.com/ChrisHessMensPhysique
    http://www.rxmuscle.com/blogs/the-life-inspiration-and-dedication/8571-when-are-you-ready-for-the-stage.html
    www.twitter.com/portergolf
    www.instagram.com/portergolf

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Is this too much???
    You are not doing too much. In fact, for being in the gym for over an hour and a half, it does not look like you are doing much at all.

You are moving some nice weight. If I were you, I would reduce the tome you are taking between sets and add a few more sets at the top end of your weight limits. I would also consider moving the pullovers to your back day. I do pullovers crossbench style as you do, and if you keep your butt low and stationary, it really focuses on the serratus/lat insertion as opposed to anything having to do with the pecs.

Given your strength, I would seriously consider adding weighted dips. I would do them after the inclines, just prior to the crossovers. I would guess this would really add to your strength and size.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One question: are you making progress?

If the answer is yes, then no, you aren't doing too much.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50) steveh5200 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post

What he said. Though that seems like a long time in the gym. 1hr to 1hr 10min tops here.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Definitely not too much but as Pastor pointed out it shouldn't take more than an hr or so to knock out what you have listed.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Geneius365 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Oh, ****, dude. You're in Catskill? Too cool. My wife's from Greenville. We live in Schoharie County now.
    Yes sir. Bought a house here 8 years ago. Scary county huh. Is there even a gym up there? LOL. I drive up there to fish all the time!
    Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    You are not doing too much. In fact, for being in the gym for over an hour and a half, it does not look like you are doing much at all.

You are moving some nice weight. If I were you, I would reduce the tome you are taking between sets and add a few more sets at the top end of your weight limits. I would also consider moving the pullovers to your back day. I do pullovers crossbench style as you do, and if you keep your butt low and stationary, it really focuses on the serratus/lat insertion as opposed to anything having to do with the pecs.

Given your strength, I would seriously consider adding weighted dips. I would do them after the inclines, just prior to the crossovers. I would guess this would really add to your strength and size.

Ray
    Thanks for the advice Ray. I actually didn't add all of what I did in between sets but I don't sit for more then two minutes before I'm doing something else. I had a 10 min treadmill to start it off and also a 20 min to finish. I think I hit the weights for about an hour solid and the rest was sit ups and treadmill. Gonna change pull overs to back day to save the arms for chest!!
    Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post

Yes steady progress but I was just curious if I was doing to much to hinder progress!
    Originally Posted by steveh5200 View Post
    What he said. Though that seems like a long time in the gym. 1hr to 1hr 10min tops here.
    That's about right with out cardio for me.

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes steady progress but I was just curious if I was doing to much to hinder progress!
    Nobody can answer that. Bodybuilding doesn't work like rock/paper/scissors, there isn't a this > that, it's all subjective. People can give you anecdotal evidence of what works for them and what they have witnessed, but they can't say in black and white terms what the perfect thing is for you. You will have to experiment; hence why I asked if you were making progress, as progress is the only empirical evidence you get.

I do push twice a week at 90 minutes a time and some people will say that is too much, but it works for me.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

đŸ…¾đŸ…¼đŸ…´đŸ…¶đŸ…° đŸ††đŸ…´đŸ…°đŸ…¿đŸ…¾đŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That has more to do with how you are feeling, if your lifts are progressing, and if you are getting good results in terms of muscle gains.

How are all those going man? Is the program new or have you been running it a while? What were you doing before and how did it work?

I'm like a 2 year old with the questions I know......
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hmmmm16417 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my last chest day consisted of the following:

incl. BB press
    155x12
    175x10
    205x8
    225x6

leg ext/crunch on bench
    4x25

flat BB press:
    225x12
    235x10
    235x8
    250x6

cable crunch:
    75lb x 25
    75 x 25
    75 x 25
    75 x 25

decl. BB press:
    185 x 12
    200 x 10
    215 x 8
    230 x 6

flat bench fly:
    30 x 12
    30 x 12
    30 x 12
    30 x 12

usually takes me about an hour and a half. I typically surf the forum between sets LOL

I do it in sequenc of:
    incline press set & crunch leg ext
    flat press & cable crunch
    decline press & fly

is it too much?? maybe.... but I'm seeing results and am still progressing in weight....so I will keep doing it until I plateau

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    That has more to do with how you are feeling, if your lifts are progressing, and if you are getting good results in terms of muscle gains.

How are all those going man? Is the program new or have you been running it a while? What were you doing before and how did it work?

I'm like a 2 year old with the questions I know......

I joined the gym last February. For the first month or two it was a struggle. Always felt sore after a session but i was determined to shed weight so i stuck to it. Like three months in, i got severe tendentious in my left fore arm area that has stuck with me till this day. I did a killer arm day that killed me, literally… Like two or three months ago i had an MRI but nothing was torn. Diagnosis, severe deep muscle tendentious. I had then doc give me a cortisone shot, took a week off and it still hurt when i do curls. I changed up my grip and i don't really push it now when it starts to hurt. I feel this has killed my work out gains in how they should be but i still push thru it daily. So yes, i am making steady progress. But not how i should be due to the injury. When i started i could bench 225 once. Now i can do 225 for 10 -12 when I'm fresh. So yea i think what I'm doing is working but i just wanted to see some feed back from others. Before last febuary the only thing i did was the 12oz curls with green bottles and eat like crap! LOL Thus the 232lbs i started at. LOL

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I appreciate it! - Gene

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure it's too much or too little as that's subjective. Crazy that after not lifting you could walk into the gym and do a single at 225 and can bang out 225 for 10. I know people who have been lifting for years who can possibly get 10 @225.

Was going to suggest finding a program at this point and sticking to it for some time but what you seem to be doing is working so keep doing it I guess.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Not sure it's too much or too little as that's subjective. Crazy that after not lifting you could walk into the gym and do a single at 225 and can bang out 225 for 10. I know people who have been lifting for years who can possibly get 10 @225.

Was going to suggest finding a program at this point and sticking to it for some time but what you seem to be doing is working so keep doing it I guess.

I use to work out pretty hard back when i was 18-about 21 years old then i stopped until last Feb. I have been always been able to throw up 225 since then. I want to be able to throw up three plates in the worst way. I may be able to but haven't tried. On the decline bench i can squeak out one rep. Its my personal best to date. A quote in my yearbook (1995) was to bench 300. 18 years later, i can finally say i did it. Major accomplishment for me.

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you want to throw up three plates I would suggest dropping your rep range and lifting heavier. Try a 3x3 or a 5x2 workout.

I'm going to be changing my incline to 5x2 soon, which I need to do to get my strength up. My goal is to lift 315 for five reps on incline by the end of this year and I am changing from 5 sets of 8-10 reps, to 5 sets of 5 reps, to 5 sets of 2 reps, and then back every two months (so it takes four months of doing different rep ranges before returning to the starting one), because I need both more strength and endurance to get where I want to be. Just got done with the 5x5, went from attempting 225 to attempting 265 in two months.
    Its not enough!

I will switch to this next chest day for sure. A buddy of mine got stuck on 225 for 6 for like 6 months and couldn't go past the 6 reps. An older Gent suggested he do the same. I haven't seen him in a while but when i do, I'm gone ask him if the higher weights help get him past the 6 reps or not. Im def gonna try this for a couple of weeks to see where i stand. Thanks man!

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes, don't do it.
    Top notch advice....insert rolling eyes smilie here.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    I can't do 10 reps at #225, I can do singles at #245 and #225x3 is about where i'm stuck for now.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Wow, very few of my workouts last more than an hour. A chest day will look like 5x5 on the flat bench, some weighted dips and maybe dumbbell presses.....throw in some triceps work and I have a workout. But I also work near my one rep max, so it is a little more taxing than it appears.

Is it to much? Try cutting back on the exercise or volume and see what happens.
    ^^This. I think a better question OP, is not whether spending that much time on one bodypart is hindering your gains, but rather, is it doing anything that a shorter routine would not.

What about your other body parts? Are you putting forth the same effort for back and legs that you are for chest?
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    ^^This. I think a better question OP, is not whether spending that much time on one bodypart is hindering your gains, but rather, is it doing anything that a shorter routine would not.

What about your other body parts? Are you putting forth the same effort for back and legs that you are for chest?
    For legs, no I'm not. For back day, for sure. Also shoulder day. I do pretty much the same time and effort. Something is messed up in my left knee that deters me from a leg day. I sure do run a couple miles at a clip but when I put weigh, it hurts me. I just don't want to blow my knee out. I al slowly introducing weighted leg exercised but defiantly not what you guys are doing. Squats are out of the question. And I'm pretty lucky cause my legs are pretty deez for not werking them. I guess the running works. I'll try to post a video of my 225 bench so y'all don't think I'm BS ing. It's like a zoo in the afternoons but if I get in at 5am for chest most def a video.

invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50) invictus68 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I do a full body workout. Chest is bench a total of 4 sets 2 light 2 heavy. Each body part is that way. takes about 1 hour 15 minutes. Each body part gets hit 3 times a week. wednesday is a bit different a light day with no more the n 2 sets per body part at about 65 percent of max. With a different routine. I like it better then the splits

Yes sir. Bought a house here 8 years ago. Scary county huh. Is there even a gym up there? LOL. I drive up there to fish all the time!
    There's a gym on the SUNY campus, and a couple of really small training facilities in Cobleskill, and actually two in Middleburgh! LOL

We do have good fishing around the county, but there's good fishing in Green County, too. Ever been to Partridge Run in south Albany County? Lots of bass in there...sunnies, too, but a lot of them have worms.

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Top notch advice....insert rolling eyes smilie here.
    **** you corbhead. Turn on your ****ing sarcasm meter or gtfo.

Also, taxation is theft.

There's a gym on the SUNY campus, and a couple of really small training facilities in Cobleskill, and actually two in Middleburgh! LOL

We do have good fishing around the county, but there's good fishing in Green County, too. Ever been to Partridge Run in south Albany County? Lots of bass in there...sunnies, too, but a lot of them have worms.
    Im gonna look up Partridge Run online to see where it is. Here are a couple from the last three weeks. My 5 year old son is a champ.
    Attached Images

Im gonna look up Partridge Run online to see where it is. Here are a couple from the last three weeks. My 5 year old son is a champ.
    Beautiful!

Also, taxation is theft.

Registered subduer stephenlouis's Avatar
    stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000) stephenlouis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Reading these replies I can see I am not doing near enough! Time to pick it up.
    There is no gravity, the earth just sucks.

Originally Posted by stephenlouis View Post
    Reading these replies I can see I am not doing near enough! Time to pick it up.
    Do it up man. The only one stopping you is you!!!!

By the way, if you like fly flishing, check out the crick in the Town Park in Westerlo. There's a really good trout run in the spring.

Also, taxation is theft.