esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Should I switch to keto?

I posted a pic below. I'm currently cutting. Weight is 175-178 atm. Age 21 5'9. As u can see in the pic I'm storing a lot of fat in lower back/ab area. I have fat on my legs too. Does keto do a better job getting rid of the stubborn areas? Any advice/suggestions would help. Thanks
    Attached Images
    Last edited by esheg; 02-25-2014 at 03:13 AM.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Only you can decide what diet is right for you. Keto is no exception, it's not a miracle weight loss aid but is easier for some. You will lose weight on any calorie deficit, no diet will lose more run another. Keto however will make you lose more "weight" initially through water loss. Keto is a lifestyle, if you enjoy eating fat, understand the health benefits and don't mind missing out on cabs then go for it!!

Originally Posted by esheg View Post
    I posted a pic below. I'm currently cutting. Weight is 175-178 atm. Age 21 5'9. As u can see in the pic I'm storing a lot of fat in lower back/ab area. I have fat on my legs too. Does keto do a better job getting rid of the stubborn areas? Any advice/suggestions would help. Thanks
    It's YOU vs YOU

esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) esheg is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Only you can decide what diet is right for you. Keto is no exception, it's not a miracle weight loss aid but is easier for some. You will lose weight on any calorie deficit, no diet will lose more run another. Keto however will make you lose more "weight" initially through water loss. Keto is a lifestyle, if you enjoy eating fat, understand the health benefits and don't mind missing out on cabs then go for it!!
    I'm reading the ketosis guide posted here and I feel like I'm missing out on the benefits. I tired keto in the past it lasted 2 days because my numbers and performance in gym decreased. Is this common in the beginning? I'm most likely going to start today.

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There's no such thing as a diet that can target a specific area for fat loss.
    Honestly, you dont have a lot of muscle mass to support a decent physique at a low bf%. You could ofcourse shred your bf down and start a bulk after summer or whatever, think thats the best route for you to go

Originally Posted by Vivvid View Post
    There's no such thing as a diet that can target a specific area for fat loss.
    Honestly, you dont have a lot of muscle mass to support a decent physique at a low bf%. You could ofcourse shred your bf down and start a bulk after summer or whatever, think thats the best route for you to go

Pic below was during bulk. I have some muscle and I hope I can look good at the end of cut. My goal is to get abs visible and do ab slow slow bulk. What do u think? I need to lose the gut and lower ab fat for good

[img]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6536961&d=1389406899[\img]

Pls embed pic will rep

Made up my mind and will start tomorrow. I'm expecting energy levels to drop after a few days and hopefully my body can adjust quickly. Any advice would help. Thanks

Figured out macros:

142 protein
    174 fat
    25 carbs

2231 calories
    Last edited by esheg; 02-25-2014 at 06:22 PM.

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any advice would help.
    Read the stickies

and

Bulk
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can lose weight on any type of diet with a calorie deficit. Find one that you can stick to strictly for long periods of a time and montior your body fat to make sure your not losing muscle are my biggest suggestions for any type of diet. With that said, I like the benefits of low-carbing and personally have seen better results with carb-cyling (less muscle loss). Look up a book called the anabolic solution for body builders and give it a read. And to answer your question, when you first start carb depleting you will feel low in energy, this will change once your in ketosis and burning energy from fat. This usually lasts up to 4 days when first starting.
    Disabled Combat Veteran (11B)
    My Home Gym Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160414931

Originally Posted by xJellyBirdx View Post
    Read the stickies

and

Bulk
    20% bf and I'm gonna bulk? No way lol. I'd rather just lift hard and get down to the 150s and go on a bulk from there. I have love handles

Originally Posted by SugarFree1 View Post
    You can lose weight on any type of diet with a calorie deficit. Find one that you can stick to strictly for long periods of a time and montior your body fat to make sure your not losing muscle are my biggest suggestions for any type of diet. With that said, I like the benefits of low-carbing and personally have seen better results with carb-cyling (less muscle loss). Look up a book called the anabolic solution for body builders and give it a read. And to answer your question, when you first start carb depleting you will feel low in energy, this will change once your in ketosis and burning energy from fat. This usually lasts up to 4 days when first starting.
    I have never really done a low carb so that's why I want to do keto. I just want to see how my body is going to respond to it. Will check the book out thanks man

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    20% bf and I'm gonna bulk? No way lol. I'd rather just lift hard and get down to the 150s and go on a bulk from there. I have love handles
    You are whats called skinny fat, tender physique with a above average bf%.

There's nothing bad about cautting your bf% down a bit more BUt you will look very skinny because you dont have enough muscle mass.

And remember abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat girl.....

You are whats called skinny fat, tender physique with a above average bf%.

There's nothing bad about cautting your bf% down a bit more BUt you will look very skinny because you dont have enough muscle mass.

And remember abs on a skinny guy are like big tits on a fat girl.....
    I have been lifting for 3 years and I look like this and its disappointing. Every time I would cut a few pounds people here would tell me to bulk back up. It worked to some degree I got stronger. However strenght isn't my goal. I just want to look good. Once I get to around 10-12% bf It will make it easier and more encouraging to bulk. It sucks I see people in the gym that don't know anything about nutrition and they look bigger and better than me. I count calories to the gram and make sure I'm doing everything correctly. If I'm going to end up being skinny around 150 pounds its only temporary as I'm gonna bulk right away. Also imo skinnyfats like me should cut right away. I learned the hard way.

I have been lifting for 3 years and I look like this and its disappointing. Every time I would cut a few pounds people here would tell me to bulk back up. It worked to some degree I got stronger. However strenght isn't my goal. I just want to look good. Once I get to around 10-12% bf It will make it easier and more encouraging to bulk. It sucks I see people in the gym that don't know anything about nutrition and they look bigger and better than me. I count calories to the gram and make sure I'm doing everything correctly. If I'm going to end up being skinny around 150 pounds its only temporary as I'm gonna bulk right away. Also imo skinnyfats like me should cut right away. I learned the hard way.
    Ye thats true.
    I also had some of those in the gym who are on a McDonalds/KFC and Coca Cola diet and only have to look at weights and they gain lbm

Ye thats true.
    I also had some of those in the gym who are on a McDonalds/KFC and Coca Cola diet and only have to look at weights and they gain lbm
    See man. Better to get lean at 10% and bulk without going over 12%. This is what I'm gonna do. I am certain my progress will be better this way. By next year I should look good

date +%H:%M | grep 4:20 buddhastalin's Avatar
    buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) buddhastalin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    tender physique
    lol. i'm gonna have to borrow this.
    There exists no separation between gods and men; one blends softly casual into the other. - Proverbs of Muad'dib

Quick question my protein intake is around 140 grams. I'm having trouble getting my fat macros. I heard that too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. However if I get around 170-180 is that fine? This will make it easier to hit the fat macros as I can have more eggs and cheese and meats

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Avocado
    Mayonnaise
    Aioli
    Olive oil
    Butter
    Lard
    Fatty salad dressings
    Ghee
    Beef suet dripping
    Hollandaise
    Flax oil

Quick question my protein intake is around 140 grams. I'm having trouble getting my fat macros. I heard that too much protein can kick you out of ketosis. However if I get around 170-180 is that fine? This will make it easier to hit the fat macros as I can have more eggs and cheese and meats
    It's YOU vs YOU

Originally Posted by andymant View Post
    Avocado
    Mayonnaise
    Aioli
    Olive oil
    Butter
    Lard
    Fatty salad dressings
    Ghee
    Beef suet dripping
    Hollandaise
    Flax oil

thanks. I increased my proteins slightly today adding more bacon to the diet. Made it easier to hit fat intake.

here is what my macros were today:

2185.9 cals
    153.3 protein
    35.2 c (20.3 g fiber)
    159.1 g fat
    Last edited by esheg; 02-27-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Looks about right, don't get too stressed if its not exact every day, just make sure it's there or there abouts

thanks. I increased my proteins slightly today adding more bacon to the diet. Made it easier to hit fat intake.

here is what my macros were today:

2185.9 cals
    153.3 protein
    35.2 c (20.3 g fiber)
    159.1 g fat
    It's YOU vs YOU

It has been 4 days and while I'm enjoying the diet I don't think I'm in ketosis yet. I'm measuring my carbs closely and getting most of my carbs from spinach, nuts, cottage cheese, whey protein...just as long as I'm under 25 carbs total. Basically some days I get around 35 carbs but 15-20 fiber so that is around 20 c a day...only difference I feel is lower energy.

Are there certain foods even if ur under ur carb intake that can kick u out of ketosis?

blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It has been 4 days and while I'm enjoying the diet I don't think I'm in ketosis yet. I'm measuring my carbs closely and getting most of my carbs from spinach, nuts, cottage cheese, whey protein...just as long as I'm under 25 carbs total. Basically some days I get around 35 carbs but 15-20 fiber so that is around 20 c a day...only difference I feel is lower energy.

Are there certain foods even if ur under ur carb intake that can kick u out of ketosis?
    I am in the exact same boat. 4 days and no keto. Some smelly urine but that's it. I don't read on the keto sticks.
    Previous: 270+ lbs.
    down to 165 +/-

Current: 190 lbs.

Originally Posted by blazer326 View Post
    I am in the exact same boat. 4 days and no keto. Some smelly urine but that's it. I don't read on the keto sticks.
    Lol my urine is odorless. I'm gonna have to lower carbs a bit more I suppose.

blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50) blazer326 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol my urine is odorless. I'm gonna have to lower carbs a bit more I suppose.
    Mine is pretty rancid. Its embarrassing using a urinal. Only started once I switched to keto, so we'll see I guess. Good look, subbed to this.
    down to 165 +/-

Originally Posted by blazer326 View Post
    Mine is pretty rancid. Its embarrassing using a urinal. Only started once I switched to keto, so we'll see I guess. Good look, subbed to this.
    Haha. And thanks bro. Looking good in ur avi

No that was a while ago, I fell off the wagon just now hopping back into. sucks but gotta get back to that. But Thank you.
    down to 165 +/-

alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10) alejandroPH is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have been lifting for 3 years and I look like this and its disappointing. Every time I would cut a few pounds people here would tell me to bulk back up. It sucks I see people in the gym that don't know anything about nutrition and they look bigger and better than me.
    i know this feel.

we all gon make it brah, will start on this diet myself starting tomorrow. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1213464471
    inb4 manlet
    inb4 stats

My training log http://bbcom.me/13i2IBv <---- will measly rep for srs comments & criticism !

Originally Posted by alejandroPH View Post
    i know this feel.

we all gon make it brah, will start on this diet myself starting tomorrow. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1213464471
    Thanks bro. Just stick to it and be consistent. And train hard

Took this pic today. Lot of ppl saying I should bulk. Weight is 170-175. What's everyone's opinion? If I bulk slowly for a year and cut later is that a better option?
    Attached Images

MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikePVD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Took this pic today. Lot of ppl saying I should bulk. Weight is 170-175. What's everyone's opinion? If I bulk slowly for a year and cut later is that a better option?
    Yes to bulking, just keep your extra calories under control and work hard. You will not get fat if you bust your ass in the gym.