bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How can I increase my TDEE over time?

I weigh 195lbs, workout 4 times a week, do cardio 2x and I need to eat 2100 calories to lose weight. I am pretty strong I have a 1300 total on the big 3 yet I'm still fat- around 20% body fat. I feel like lifting as heavy as I do, my metabolism sucks. If i mess up for one day the weight comes right back on. I'm thinking I might have messed up my metabolism over the years by eating a lot of "processed" carbs and not enough micro nutrient dense foods.

How can I increase my TDEE so in the long term I won't have to each such a small amount of calories to lose weight?

Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eating processed foods won't ruin your TDEE. How many calories do you bulk on? The best way to increase your TDEE is to keep increasing carbs while tryin to maintain your weight..keep adding carba every week and if you gain dont add more. Then when you cut you have more carbs to cut from. You should be able to lose weight at like 2400-2500 at your weight..I was losing at 2200 at 180

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You haven't "messed" up your metabolism. Especially not from what you described.

Easiest way to increase TDEE level? Become more active.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Nhayes91 View Post
    Eating processed foods won't ruin your TDEE. How many calories do you bulk on? The best way to increase your TDEE is to keep increasing carbs while tryin to maintain your weight..keep adding carba every week and if you gain dont add more. Then when you cut you have more carbs to cut from. You should be able to lose weight at like 2400-2500 at your weight..I was losing at 2200 at 180
    Psych & handcuffs

SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SMstikx7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    To increase your TDEE in your situation you can

1) Increase your activity.

That's about it. In other situations, you can build more lean muscle mass which will help lower your body fat percentage in the long run.
    "Anything is possible. As long as you want it, you'll work for it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, the only person who can really put pressure on you is yourself." - Michael Phelps

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - United States Marine Corps

bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigdeadlift is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Nhayes91 View Post
    ok so keep adding carbs.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You haven't "messed" up your metabolism. Especially not from what you described.

Easiest way to increase TDEE level? Become more active.
    im already working out 4 days, and doing cardio twice. it would be hard for me to be more active. thanks for the advice

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bigdeadlift View Post
    ok so keep adding carbs.

im already working out 4 days, and doing cardio twice. it would be hard for me to be more active. thanks for the advice
    That is probably the best way you can in your control increase your TDEE. Some people have really high TDEE'S just because their jobs or lifestyle accompany that.
    Otherwise there is very little you can do legally to increase your TDEE. Some fat burners (maybe?) alongside green tea (maybe?)

Just make it simple and do more or eat less.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

ok so keep adding carbs.

No lol, don't listen to that nonsense nhayes posted.

Then you're stuck with your tdee. Most likely you're miscalculating calories.
    Psych & handcuffs

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    No lol, don't listen to that nonsense nhayes posted.

Then you're stuck with your tdee. Most likely you're miscalculating calories.
    What do you mean by miscalculating? I have a food scale and weigh everything out. I think it is accurate.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

This isn't the activity you would be looking to increase. Your workouts and cardio are only a small piece of what goes into your TDEE. It is only a small part of your daily activity. Unfortunately there is little you can do to have a real impact on you TDEE other than get a very labor intensive job.

What do you mean by miscalculating? I have a food scale and weigh everything out. I think it is accurate.
    Then learn to live with where you're at and adjust properly.
    Psych & handcuffs