Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Agreed! mowing the lawn, shoveling snow, fuark yard work! I hate this crap lol
    I could not agree more. Always kills my back too.

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just saw this thread and the fact that you were a swimmer caught my eye. I was a swimmer through college as well, then converted to bodybuilding. I thought I was the only one around here with that background.

Keep plugging away. You have a very good coach steering you in the right direction. Best of luck.

Demon Fitness - Owner demonwareltd's Avatar
    demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    Keep plugging away. You have a very good coach steering you in the right direction. Best of luck.
    Yeah, I suppose Paul is decent

Solid yard work for the win.

brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10) brbarrett is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jked4life View Post
    I just saw this thread and the fact that you were a swimmer caught my eye. I was a swimmer through college as well, then converted to bodybuilding. I thought I was the only one around here with that background.

Swimming taught me determination and I just had to put that into something new. Paul has been awesome so far. Thanks for the support.

Originally Posted by demonwareltd View Post
    Yeah, I suppose Paul is decent

Solid yard work for the win.
    Easy Decent is giving the guy a lot of credit... kidding of course. HA

Week 8 Day 6

Weight: 185.0

DB Curl
    10 @ 35 each arm
    10 @ 40 each arm
    10 @ 45 each arm
    10 @ 50 each arm

Skull Crusher
    10 @ 95
    10 @ 105
    2x10 @ 115

Cable Curl 3x15 @ 140
    Superset w/ Rope Tricep Extension 3x15 @ 140

Cable Crunch 3x15 @ 200
    Hanging Leg Raises 3x15

Good workout this morning. I always enjoy doing arms, especially when I am tired.

Week 8 Day 7

Weight: 186.0

HIIT Cardio 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I also did some mobility work, Foam roll and hip mobilization, because I have been having some issues with my hips locking out. I sit all day at my job and I know that is the main issue.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by brbarrett View Post
    I sit all day at my job and I know that is the main issue.
    I know these feels. Sht can be brutal on the hips!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

I know these feels. Sht can be brutal on the hips!
    What do you do for hip mobility?

demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000) demonwareltd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This hip mobility I've never done before. See all these stretches and foam rolling, and I'm sure it works. When asked how I warm up for things like deadlift and squats my answer is: I deadlift and squat

Software engineer checking in so I know the sit on your butt all day feels. Honestly though - it's the best damn job in the world when you are in contest prep

I have always had issues. So much so that I had no depth in my squat no matter the weight. Now that I foam roll and do some other mobility work, I am almost always pain free during the day. Plus my squats have greatly improved. I read supple leopard and it really helped me think about my posture when lifting and just throughout the day.

Week 9 Day 1

Weight: 185.8

Bent Over Row 4x5 @ 215
    Lat Pull 3x10 @ 260
    Bench Press 4x5 @ 205
    HS Chest Press 3x10 @ 100 per side
    DB Shoulder Press 3x10 @ 55
    Smith Machine Shoulder Press 3x12 @ 55 per side
    Lateral Raise 2x15 @ 35 each arm
    Rear Delt 2x15 @ 100
    DB Curl 2x8 @ 60 each arm
    Cable Tricep Extension 2x8 @ 200

Good workout this morning. I was feeling a little it under the weather, but was the farther I got in my workout the better I started to feel. I will also finish out my day with some light cardio work on the stair master.

On another note, ESPN in Fort Worth down the road from me. Always a party when they are in town.

Week 8 Day 2

Weight: 185.2

Squat 4x5 @ 295
    Leg Press
    8@ 450 warm up
    2x8 @ 720
    RDL 4x5 @ 295
    Hip Thrust 3x8 @ 225
    Standing Calf Single Leg 3x8 230
    Seated Calf 2x8 @ 270

I am also working with a professor and his students and they are looking at back squats and cluster sets. So that may influence my training a little bit, but will maintain the usual. Today, I did about 10 squats at varying weights up to 345 for the baseline and will continue to work with them over the next two weeks. I am interested to see the results.

Also got my bf measured. About where I expected, 12.3%. Not great, but at this stage of my training I can deal with it. It is all about what is under the fat right now and how to build onto it.

Week 8 Day 3 & 4

Day 3:

Weight: 184.0
    HIIT Cardio
    Cable Crunch 3x15 @ 200
    Leg Lift 3x15 @ 25

Day 4:
    Weight: 186.4

DB Shoulder 4x5 @ 65
    Lateral Raise 3x12 @ 45 drop set 3x12 @ 22.5
    Bent Over Row 3x10 @ 205
    Lat Pull 3x12 @ 200
    Wide Grip Row 3x15 @ 160
    Close Grip Pull Down 3x15 @ 160
    HS Row 2x14 @ 2 PPS
    Bench Press 3x10 @ 200
    HS Press 3x12 @ 150
    Chest Fly 3x15 @ 180
    Weighted Chest Stretch 60 seconds @ 140

Feeling pretty run down this morning. I don't know if it was just being busy all weekend, or what the deal was. Really had to force a lot of this workout. I was able to get through it with out any big difficulties, but just felt as if I was lacking the control I would've liked to see.

jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When's the last time you deloaded!?

Either way, tomorrows a new day, get back after it!

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

When's the last time you deloaded!?

Either way, tomorrows a new day, get back after it!
    It was just a couple weeks ago. I think it has more to do with stress than anything else.

This is for 4/8/13

Weight: 186.0

Squat 3x10 @ 245
    Machine Squat 3x12 @ 630
    Leg Extension 3x15 @ 240
    Lunges 2x18 @ 80
    RDL 3x10 @ 245
    Leg Curl 3x12 @ 160
    Donkey Calf 3x12 @ 180 (Single Leg)
    Seated Calf 3x15 @ 180

Woke up last night after this workout with really bad leg cramps. I need to make sure I am getting my water in.

My head has just not been in it these last couple of days. Had our house get broken into on Monday and am still trying to get everything figured out. Lifting at least allows me to relieve some stress.

Weight: 185.4

Seated DB Curl 4x10 @ 35 each arm
    DB Skull Crusher 4x10 @ 35 each arm
    Cable Curl 3x15 @ 140
    Cable Tricep 3x15 @ 140

HIIT Cardio 20 Minutes

Decline Sit up w/ 70lbs
    Leg Raises w/ 30 lbs

Weight: 185.6

Bent Over Rows 3x5 @ 245
    Lat Pulls 3x8 @ 260
    Bench Press 3x5 @ 225
    HS Chest Press 3x10 @ 2 PPS
    DB Shoulder Press 3x10 @ 55
    DB Lateral Raise 3x12 @ 35
    Machine Lateral Raise 2x15 @ 90
    Rear Delt 2x15 @ 120
    BB Curl 2x8 @ 115
    Cable Tricep Press 2x8 @ 200

Workout was much better today. Not as stressed from the earlier week robbery. Got most of that all straightened out. People can just be so worthless and disgusting sometimes... Really makes you question things.

Originally Posted by brbarrett View Post
    Workout was much better today. Not as stressed from the earlier week robbery. Got most of that all straightened out. People can just be so worthless and disgusting sometimes... Really makes you question things.
    Glad things are looking up man!

How much did they take from your house?

RSP Nutrition Store:

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★

I can't even imagine how messed up my head would be after a home invasion. The thought of that happening always crosses my mind and with my wife and young son in the house, I would like to think I'd beat the living hell out of anyone who came in my house. Glad you are on the mend and everything is okay.

They got away with a lot more than I would like to admit, but it could always be worse. I do not have kids and my gf was not there, but my dog (which is my kid) was and they must have been nice. We get home and he was just his normal self. We think it was someone that lives in our neighborhood, as they came and left on foot. They had no trouble breaking into the two safes in our house though...

Weight 186.8

Squat
    5@ 135
    5@ 225
    5@ 325
    5@ 325
    5@ 325
    Leg Press 2x10 @ 720
    RDL
    5@225
    3x5 @ 315
    Barbell Hip Thrust 3x10 @ 225
    Standing Calf 3x10 @ 180 single Leg
    Seated Calf 3x12 @ 180

Weight 185.8

HIIT Cardio

Cable Crunch 3x15 @ 200
    Leg Lift 3x15 @ 25

Weight: 186.8

DB Shoulder 3x5 @ 75
    Lateral Raise 3x12 @ 45 drop set 12 @ 25
    Bent Over Row 3x10 @ 205
    Lat Pull 3x12 @ 200
    Wide Grip Row 3x15 @ 160
    Close Grip Pull Down 3x15 @ 160
    HS Row 2x15 @ 2 PPS
    Bench Press 3x10 @ 200
    HS Press 3x12 @ 150
    Chest Fly 3x15 @ 180

Low Back has been killing me lately.... too much work

Weight: 185.6

Squat 3x10 @ 225
    Hack Squat 3x12 @ 230
    Leg Extension 3x15 @ 240
    Lunges 2x18 @ 90
    RDL 3x10 @ 225
    Leg Curl 3x12 @ 160
    Standing Calf Single Leg 3x10 @ 180
    Seated Calf 3x12 @ 180

Back is still tight. Tried to stretch it out and foam roll, but with sitting for 11 hours a day at work it just doesn't really help. Hopefully I can get it back to normal soon.

Weight: 185.4

DB Curls (Seated Back against a bench) 4x10 @ 40
    Skull Crusher 4X10 @ 115
    Preacher Curl 3x12 @ 90
    DB Kickback 3x12 @ 25
    Cable Curl 3x12 @ 140
    Cable Tricep Extension 3x12 @ 160
    Decline Situp 3x15 w/ 70lb DB
    Decline Leg Lift 3x15

Definitely my bro workout for the week.

Weight 184.0

HIIT cardio

Cable Crunch
    Hanging Leg Raise

Just a little cardio and abs to wake me up before my lovely 14 hour day at work... Get pumped people the excitement is here.

4-15-14

Bent Over Row 3x5 @ 270
    Lat Pull 3x10 @ 260
    Bench Press 3x5 @ 250
    HS Press 3x10 @ 100 per side
    DB SHOULDER 3X10 @ 50
    DB Lateral 3x12 @ 30
    Machine Lateral 2x15 @ 100
    Rear Delt 2x15 @ 110
    DB Curl 2x8 @ 60
    Cable Tricep 2x8 @ 200

4-16-14
    Squat 3x5 @ 365
    Leg Press 2x8 @ 630
    RDL 3x5 @ 350
    Hip Thrust 3x8 @ 225
    Standing Calf 3x8 @ 250
    Seated 3x8 @ 180

4-17-14
    HIIT Cardio

Still feel like I am busting my ass for nothing. Cant figure out what the deal is...

Weight: 185.8

DB Shoulder 3x5 @ 80
    Lateral Raise 3x12 @ 45 drop set 12 @ 25
    Bent Over Row 3x10 @ 205
    Lat Pull 3x12 @ 200
    Wide Grip Row 3x15 @ 170
    Close Grip Pull Down 3x15 @ 180
    HS Row 2x15 @ 2 PPS
    Bench Press 3x10 @ 200
    HS Press 3x12 @ 150
    Chest Fly 3x15 @ 180