Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) alial30 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kimhwan92 View Post

and my knees are perfectly fine
    Good stuff man and mad jelly of that gym.

Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000) Drewcifer69 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dislocated my knee and can't squat anymore crew...

feelsbadman :'(

paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TnukPunch View Post
    And here is what a Chinese coach says he teaches his Chinese lifters:
    "In terms of squatting technique, Coach Fang said to squat down until my hamstrings hit my calves, but not so low that I lose tightness in my lower back.

He told me to try to move my hips in a more vertical motion and not to have too much movement from front-to-back and that if I have to move my hips out of line to reach depth then that is too low as well. He said my center of balance should stay the same throughout the movement."
    http://www.allthingsgym.com/larrys-c...atches-squats/

The backsquat is the biggest accessory movement for the snatch, if they're flexible enough to sit in the catch position of a snatch like that then they are easily able to squat to that depth. The thing is they are taught to squat how you see in the video.
    This is simply not true. It is much easier to go really low with overhead squat position as opposed to having barbell on your back. I'm also fully aware of that article since I check allthingsgym everyday. They are taught to go as low as they can as long as they maintain proper back position. So that's consistent with the point I'm making. Guys like Klokov can hit rock bottom position while maintaining his back position but it's physically impossible for guys like lu xiaojun to do that unless sacrifices his proper back position to hit that depth. But it is possible with overhead squat position because the overhead squat position allows lifters to squat deep without sacrificing their back angle.

Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nathan17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Brb knee pain all day

Eat clean. Train dirty. MedicalLifts4's Avatar
    MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MedicalLifts4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JustSaiyanBro View Post
    lol, Yeah I had the exact same mentality. srs

However I realized that all the people that goad you on will not be there when your medical bills come due, haha.
    If you need to pay "medical bills", you clearly aren't squatting properly. It takes time and after numerous attempts to master the perfect squat.

If what you're saying is true, why hasn't Arnie developed any knee/leg problems? Or Columbo? Or Ferrigno? That are well into their old age and are still perfectly healthy. BTW if you say Arnies heart surgery is linked with years of heavy ATG squatting.............
    ♦ Paramedic students Crew.
    ♦ Always squat ATG Crew.

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." - Arnold Schwarzenegger, the greatest bodybuilder of all time.

Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000)

:3

Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000) Kimhwan92 is just really nice. (+1000)

Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000) Kbooey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TnukPunch View Post
    And here is what a Chinese coach says he teaches his Chinese lifters:
    "In terms of squatting technique, Coach Fang said to squat down until my hamstrings hit my calves, but not so low that I lose tightness in my lower back.

He told me to try to move my hips in a more vertical motion and not to have too much movement from front-to-back and that if I have to move my hips out of line to reach depth then that is too low as well. He said my center of balance should stay the same throughout the movement."
    http://www.allthingsgym.com/larrys-c...atches-squats/

The backsquat is the biggest accessory movement for the snatch, if they're flexible enough to sit in the catch position of a snatch like that then they are easily able to squat to that depth. The thing is they are taught to squat how you see in the video.
    Repped, much inform

BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000) BillTheBro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been doing ATG high bar for a while, feels so hnnng

But honestly I recently got pretty bad sciatica, almost certainly from a bulged disk from L4-L5... realized that that last 1 inch that feels so good and bounces so nice creates an ever so slight pelvic tilt, and thats what fuked up my back. Its been a few weeks and my back feels much better but that 1 inch is crucial. It might feel good and you might get a nice bounce but its not worth it. Unless your some oly lifter that stretches the fuk out of your groin EVERY day, you would be better off just going parallel IMO.
    No Shampoo crew
    Always pick #4 crew
    Dreamer bulk crew

I only crack stick with my left hand... my right hand? Strictly for buckets.

BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50) BadVibes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dmitry Klokov. I'm done.

brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50) brycewilliams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    on wraps:

http://breakingmuscle.com/strength-c...arm-your-knees

on atg:

it's worse to stop half way, that is, at parallel and turn around. in this instance, the force to change direction is created by your quads and is exerted onto your knee. when you squat atg, the load is transferred to your hamstrings. you can then squat up and although when you squat up you will be exerting a lot of force on your knee, it will literally be like, half as much as squatting parallel.

in summary:

atg squat - as you go down past parallel hamstring takes load from quads, change in acceleration occurs. quads/hams/glutes transfer load to knees, change in acceleration occurs.

half squat - quad holds load, go down to half way, stop, knee currently under load of going down, suddenly under load of going up. the knees have taken the load that would've otherwise been transferred to the hamstring and now have the force of upwards acceleration exerted on them.

oh yeah because e-stats are important when sharing information: front squat 5rm 120kg at 80kg bodyweight

stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paradux View Post
    This is simply not true. It is much easier to go really low with overhead squat position as opposed to having barbell on your back. I'm also fully aware of that article since I check allthingsgym everyday. They are taught to go as low as they can as long as they maintain proper back position. So that's consistent with the point I'm making. Guys like Klokov can hit rock bottom position while maintaining his back position but it's physically impossible for guys like lu xiaojun to do that unless sacrifices his proper back position to hit that depth. But it is possible with overhead squat position because the overhead squat position allows lifters to squat deep without sacrificing their back angle.
    Bro, do you even squat? It's the exact opposite. It's much harder for me to hit the atg position on an overhead squat because my torso has to be perfectly vertical. I'm much more prone to lower back rounding at the bottom position of an overhead squat vs a tradition atg high bar squat. You sound like you've never done an overhead squat in your life.

jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jda104 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    from everything i've ever read and seen:

ATG will give you:

-more functional strength (better for athletics purposes)
    -better mobility

Parallel:

-better for strictly bodybuilding
    -may allow you to go heavier if going for strictly weight (low bar)

do what you feel, personally i change it up and squat more of a high bar/ATG style
    RIP zyzz forever mirin

bench/squat/DL - 365/500/635

paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) paradux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stevemckenna View Post
    Bro, do you even squat? It's the exact opposite. It's much harder for me to hit the atg position on an overhead squat because my torso has to be perfectly vertical. I'm much more prone to lower back rounding at the bottom position of an overhead squat vs a tradition atg high bar squat. You sound like you've never done an overhead squat in your life.
    gtfo with your retarded comment lol. You wouldn't even try to argue this if you've ever done olympic weightlifting cause it's so obvious that there really is nothing to argue about.

Here's some example for you. He even writes in the comment that he's trying to go down as deep as he can when he backsquats but that's the maximum depth he can achieve. Notice how much deeper he looks with his snatch position

Polovnikov's depth on snatch vs backsquat

Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000) Cranz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JustSaiyanBro View Post
    No hate, but you don't squat enough to have pain even if you had the worst form in the world.
    Stats in sig are "BEGINNING" lift.

Also, the weight doesn't mater, if it's heavy for you, then you can get injured, regardless of how light it might be to someone else.

Are you really telling me that a total newbie can step in the gym and keep deadlifting a beginner weight with **** form, yet he would never injured? unlikely.
    Any post I make should not be taken seriously.

stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stevemckenna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by paradux View Post
    gtfo with your retarded comment lol. You wouldn't even try to argue this if you've ever done olympic weightlifting cause it's so obvious that there really is nothing to argue about.

Here's some example for you. He even writes in the comment that he's trying to go down as deep as he can when he backsquats but that's the maximum depth he can achieve. Notice how much deeper he looks with his snatch position
    My gym installed Oly platform 3 months ago and I've been practicing the C&J and the snatch. Before that I've been squatting high bar for the last 2 1/2 years. You're basically going by what someone else have said with his own individual mechanics when you yourself haven't done jack ****.

edit: I'll show you a video of my snatch if you show me yours.

umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000) umopp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I squat low bar(ish) and go as low as my body will let me and have never felt any knee pain. I feel more powerful doing this rather than stopping at parallel. When I have tried only going to parallel, it seems like I waste energy doing that rather than going all the way down.
    *Official San Diego Brah Crew*
    *In Love With Taylor Swift Crew*
    *Rugby Crew*

Bench: 405
    Squat: 555
    Deadlift: 675

My gym installed Oly platform 3 months ago and I've been practicing the C&J and the snatch. Before that I've been squatting high bar for the last 2 1/2 years. You're basically going by what someone else have said with his own individual mechanics when you yourself haven't done jack ****.
    so you are pretty much saying that you suck at performing overhead squats and have trouble hitting depth because you are inexperienced (3 months vs. 2 1/2 years), hence the conclusion:

???

dafuq are you talking about? I simply linked one article from the weightlifting coach to back up my claim cause you probably find him more credible than some no avi miscer. I also posted some videos as proof to show how it's easier to hit deep squat position when the bar is in overhead position. I'm simply trying to help you become enlightened since you had no idea wtf you are talking bout. But now you do so its all good .

TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000) TheMeier is just really nice. (+1000)
    ATG just feels like (and it really is) a natural movement pattern. Stopping at below parallel feels incredibly unnatural and awkward.

Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Fsharpasharp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm confused why miscers are acting like you can't squat until death seeing as how it's a natural movement and oly lifters do this shiit for decades and have stronger joints than us
    *Has to wear a diaper when squatting crew*
    *Dick too big to have sex with girls crew*
    *Girl sniff hard as fuk whenever I walk past to try and smell my dick crew*
    *I make girls laugh but Tyrone makes them cum crew*
    *Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew*
    *Hires escorts just to talk because too afraid to have sex crew*
    *See reflection in computer screen after closing videos I fapped to and cry every time crew*

so you are pretty much saying that you suck at performing overhead squats and have trouble hitting depth because you are inexperienced (3 months vs. 2 1/2 years), hence the conclusion:

???

No, overhead squatting forces your torso to remain constantly vertical, even at the bottom position. Unless you have the hip and ankle flexibility, your lower back will round. With back squats, it's easier to "cheat" to get to the bottom position by leaning your torso forward. Me not having the proper strength to hold the bar over my head has nothing to do with my flexibility.

ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ace_gauntlit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fsharpasharp View Post
    I'm confused why miscers are acting like you can't squat until death seeing as how it's a natural movement and oly lifters do this shiit for decades and have stronger joints than us
    there's nothing natural about having 225lbs+ on your neck. and we are not oly lifters.7

and lol at all these 22year olds ITT telling everyone "welp, I squat daily bruh and my knees are totally fine." No fuking chit. Lets see if you will be capable of doing what you do now when you're 35.

anonymous
    If you have oly team level weight lifters proportions and joint robustness then have at it. Chances are you don't but I could GAF about your back, I do know mine is a train wreck but I still squat .. Only as deep as my hips allow me to.

Slow down, pause keeping tight, squeeze up slowly.

No, overhead squatting forces your torso to remain constantly vertical, even at the bottom position. Unless you have the hip and ankle flexibility, your lower back will round. With back squats, it's easier to "cheat" to get to the bottom position by leaning your torso forward. Me not having the proper strength to hold the bar over my head has nothing to do with my flexibility.
    oh okay. i was just curious about the relevancy of this:

edit: I'll show you a video of my snatch if you show me yours.
    btw this is me doing halt snatches. i started weightlifting 4 months ago.

I drew the duck blue. KakeJelly's Avatar
    KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KakeJelly is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Always pick #4 crew.
    Mirin Hard Crew.

vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmatix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MedicalLifts4 View Post
    Squat ATG or go home. Go hard or go home. I hate reading how people "stopped going ATG and even stopped squatting all up". It's simple, they are just bitches. You go to the gym to get out of your comfort zone, not stay in it. No pain no gain. I found that going ATG allows you to explode up way more and allows you to get stronger, also helps with everyday activities such as lifting sh*t off the floor without using your back.
    Couldn't agree more. I've tried many variations and ATG feels best for me, though I can't load that much weight on the bar but I can control the movement much better and since then my hamstrings are exploding.

oh okay. i was just curious about the relevancy of this:

btw this is me doing halt snatches. i started weightlifting 4 months ago.

sent you a pm with my overhead squat bro

YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) YBG613 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    no black guy videos posted here. dat mean we dont do jack squat?
    *Monster Cock Crew*
    Bench - 105kg/231lbsx3
    Standing Military - 65kg/143lbsx4
    Deadlift - 200kg/440lbsx3
    Squat - 140kg/309lbsx3
    Front Squat - 100kg/220lbsx4

All lifts without belt/straps/wraps *stats last updated on November 2014*