kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kinggrant has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Getting certified to give CPR/AED certification?

I just got my AED and CPR renewed which gave me the idea of becoming certified to teach CPR. I believe there is a good amount of pocket change to be made. I talked to a teacher and he told me he took a 2 day class to teach people CPR. I am sure I am not the first personal trainer to get this idea. I was wondering what knowledge/information you guys could bring to light regarding this topic.
    I have no idea where to start or if its even worth it.

Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonkei-san has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kinggrant View Post
    I just got my AED and CPR renewed which gave me the idea of becoming certified to teach CPR. I believe there is a good amount of pocket change to be made. I talked to a teacher and he told me he took a 2 day class to teach people CPR. I am sure I am not the first personal trainer to get this idea. I was wondering what knowledge/information you guys could bring to light regarding this topic.
    I have no idea where to start or if its even worth it.
    Never thought about it but now I have. Sounds interesting however a two day class to be certified to teach people how to save someones life? Im a little skeptical. Regardless, being able to teach clients or fellow associates would be an excellent resource to have. Reps for you bro
    If you think to much about tomorrow, today is going to suck... - James Griffin

NASM-CPT (June 2013)
    NASM-CES (October 2014)

Cert. Athletic Trainer DPSportsBabe's Avatar
    DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DPSportsBabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I got mine through the American Red Cross. You can get it to be the instructor at your place of employment or you can be an independent contractor. The course is very basic and is more of a review on skills than teaching you how to actually teach it. They give you all the learning materials, you will just need to purchase teaching tools like mannequins, training AEDs, etc. or have access to them through your place of employment. I've used the powerpoint provided from the program for every session and have not had any issues with someone not meeting the requirements for certification. Its a costly certification, but once you start setting your prices, it should be easy to make back.
    Megan Beck, MS, ATC, PES, NASE