Lina1421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Feast fast method?

Thinking about doing one big cheat day a week followed by a full fast. So it would be probably 4-5000 calories. I'm already lean, have a good amount of muscle and I'm only trying to drop around 10 pounds. I would do this on my heaviest training day, and then rest on my fast day. I've plateaued and I'm looking for ways to move past it. I've read this method works, can anybody back this up?

LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaViidaLocaa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Lina1421 View Post
    Thinking about doing one big cheat day a week followed by a full fast. So it would be probably 4-5000 calories. I'm already lean, have a good amount of muscle and I'm only trying to drop around 10 pounds. I would do this on my heaviest training day, and then rest on my fast day. I've plateaued and I'm looking for ways to move past it. I've read this method works, can anybody back this up?
    I think it may be better to do the fast before the cheat day, as this way your body will be more sensitive to deal with the surplus then.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Or just consume foods you enjoy everyday while maintaining a caloric deficit and conducting resistance training to retain as much muscle as possible.

What time of day and in what portion you consume those calories is all personal preference.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OldS0ul has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I wouldn't do it, I tried and did it over the Holidays.. came out with eating disorder that I am just now getting over.
    Just practice IF, it's not too drastically different, and a safer way to avoid developing an eating disorder imo.

liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000) liftingrules is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by loganhart View Post
    Or just consume foods you enjoy everyday while maintaining a caloric deficit and conducting resistance training to retain as much muscle as possible.

What time of day and in what portion you consume those calories is all personal preference.
    I really enjoy donuts. Based on your information, I composed a diet for myself:

Breakfast: 10 donuts + coffee

Is this okay? My goal is to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by liftingrules View Post
    I really enjoy donuts. Based on your information, I composed a diet for myself:

Breakfast: 10 donuts + coffee

Is this okay? My goal is to lose fat while retaining as much muscle as possible.
    If it fits in your daily caloric requirements and you satisfy macro and micro minimums, yes you can eat donuts, lose fat and retain muslce.

However, common sense is key here. I would not advise eating 10 donuts everyday. 1 or 2? Sure, why not. Make it fit your macros.

IIFYM and sensible dieting isn't meant to be taken to extremes. Focusing on whole and/or minimally processed foods is always advised.

For more information on basic nutrition, please read the links contained here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=136691851
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson