Eppa87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

A little help with keto/cholestorol

Hi there,

So I could use some help here and I will try and give you as much possible info to help out.

So basicly I have been on keto a little over 3 weeks now, I figured I take a quick look at the cholesterol (simple test, only cholestorol showing) since i have it available here at work. The medic told me he advice me to go of the high fat diet and change it cause me choleserol was at 7.01.. First time taking it so dont have anything to compere it to, im 26years btw. ( He was not to thrilled about the result or high fat intake, and truethfully I think he confused it with low carb diets like atkins. loads of proteins, low on the rest. so not to sure what to make of his comments and if I should listen to him, seeing as medics/doctors here in Norway got like 2 weeks of nutrition in theire degree i would not trust me nutrition to a regular doc )

So this does really scare me to be honest now that I am a little more educated on the whole healthy lifestyle. And im trying to find all the faults i can in me keto diet and how I can improve it. Seeing I have been at 23-28% bf for allmost 14 years now, never had a good eating habit, never cared about macros, calorie counting ext. Drinking soda everyday and just been really bad to me body. Just putting whatever I bougth that was quick or whatever, I would guess me cholesterol have been higher then the recommended for a while, and this is deffentlih the nicest I have been to me body for as long as i can remember, and I want to keep it up and dont frik up me body more then I'we allredy done.
    The 9kg weigth drop in 3 weeks and no carb craving is highly motivational to keep on this diet for atleast 2 more months, and then perhaps change it to a more 30/40/30 ish diet.
    I have tryed many diets but this is the only one I have been able to do for more then 2 weeks without cheeting and end up just dropping the whole diet. So I really really want to stay on this diet!!

Anyone got any comments about the cholesterol?
    - Should i quit the keto, or can i keep on it?
    - Is there anything I can do to lower it without putting some chemical pills in me body?

I know for a fact I eat way to much saturated fat, its probaly around 80% of the fat intake. And I need to change that, thats the one thing I know for sure at the moment. But I have been going true the keto stickys and looking at the food, I'm sitting there reading the nutrition in the foods and thinking how is anyone able to have a 60/20/20 % poly, mono, satu fat intake? I just cant find any foods that could get me there . The closest I get is eating loads of salmon wich got 5/6/3 grams. but theres just no way I can find anything to get me saturated down to 10-20% and have a higher poly then mono.

I also train a modiefied SS 3 times a week, but no cardio. probaly need to start with that to if me commen sense is rigth on the lowering cholesterol?!

Normal day looks kinda liks this the grams all depends on what me calorie counter telles me i got left.

-minced meat (beef, pork, chicken/turkey blend)
    -bacon

3 times a day.

I sometimes put some spinach in there, some days i cut one of the meals and eat nuts insted. but I know I need to change it. I'm just not sure to what.

Any help out there would be much Appreciated!

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get the book Cholesterol Clarity by Jimmy Moore.

You should not be concerned
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000) T3mpest is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just throw in some good healthy fat sources. Olive oil, nuts, fish oil, coconut oil, etc and green leafy veggies, broccoli, aparagus, lettuces, etc should be in each meal. If your filling your diet with purely fried porkchops and bacon, your doing it wrong. Yes, there is plenty of room for that and keto can def be heart healthy, but you do need a good dietary base stilll.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    75% of my fats are saturated, nothing wrong with saturated fat!

Originally Posted by Eppa87 View Post
    Hi there,

So I could use some help here and I will try and give you as much possible info to help out.

So basicly I have been on keto a little over 3 weeks now, I figured I take a quick look at the cholesterol (simple test, only cholestorol showing) since i have it available here at work. The medic told me he advice me to go of the high fat diet and change it cause me choleserol was at 7.01.. First time taking it so dont have anything to compere it to, im 26years btw. ( He was not to thrilled about the result or high fat intake, and truethfully I think he confused it with low carb diets like atkins. loads of proteins, low on the rest. so not to sure what to make of his comments and if I should listen to him, seeing as medics/doctors here in Norway got like 2 weeks of nutrition in theire degree i would not trust me nutrition to a regular doc )

So this does really scare me to be honest now that I am a little more educated on the whole healthy lifestyle. And im trying to find all the faults i can in me keto diet and how I can improve it. Seeing I have been at 23-28% bf for allmost 14 years now, never had a good eating habit, never cared about macros, calorie counting ext. Drinking soda everyday and just been really bad to me body. Just putting whatever I bougth that was quick or whatever, I would guess me cholesterol have been higher then the recommended for a while, and this is deffentlih the nicest I have been to me body for as long as i can remember, and I want to keep it up and dont frik up me body more then I'we allredy done.
    The 9kg weigth drop in 3 weeks and no carb craving is highly motivational to keep on this diet for atleast 2 more months, and then perhaps change it to a more 30/40/30 ish diet.
    I have tryed many diets but this is the only one I have been able to do for more then 2 weeks without cheeting and end up just dropping the whole diet. So I really really want to stay on this diet!!

Anyone got any comments about the cholesterol?
    - Should i quit the keto, or can i keep on it?
    - Is there anything I can do to lower it without putting some chemical pills in me body?

I know for a fact I eat way to much saturated fat, its probaly around 80% of the fat intake. And I need to change that, thats the one thing I know for sure at the moment. But I have been going true the keto stickys and looking at the food, I'm sitting there reading the nutrition in the foods and thinking how is anyone able to have a 60/20/20 % poly, mono, satu fat intake? I just cant find any foods that could get me there . The closest I get is eating loads of salmon wich got 5/6/3 grams. but theres just no way I can find anything to get me saturated down to 10-20% and have a higher poly then mono.

I also train a modiefied SS 3 times a week, but no cardio. probaly need to start with that to if me commen sense is rigth on the lowering cholesterol?!

Normal day looks kinda liks this the grams all depends on what me calorie counter telles me i got left.

-minced meat (beef, pork, chicken/turkey blend)
    -bacon

3 times a day.

I sometimes put some spinach in there, some days i cut one of the meals and eat nuts insted. but I know I need to change it. I'm just not sure to what.

Any help out there would be much Appreciated!
    It's YOU vs YOU