idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Fat loss bulking diet?

I know you cant "Get big" and "Lose fat" at the same time, but here is what ive been thinking about recently: If you were to eat enough calories to bulk, be in positive nitrogen balance and have a low fat diet, wouldnt you technically be losing fat while gaining. If youre not getting enough fat daily, you'd have to pull fat from somewhere for synthesis.. If there isnt enough fat in the diet, then you use the fat you have.. But if youre taking in 1-1.5g/lb protein a day in 4000 calories wouldnt you still be bulking? Id just like for someone to explain if and where Im wrong. If that is possible, then how many grams of fat a day should I not exceed?

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dietary fat =/= Adipose tissue

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Body fat loss is not determined by fat intake. It's determined by calorie deficit. Fat grams usually falls between .5 and .6 grams per pound of LBM

idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10) idamaster is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thats what I knew, but I was thinking, since you have nowhere to get fat from, wouldnt you have to pull it from adipose tissue and or other deposits?

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by idamaster View Post
    Thats what I knew, but I was thinking, since you have nowhere to get fat from, wouldnt you have to pull it from adipose tissue and or other deposits?
    No. They are different.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    interesting concept, however if you're a natural lifter calories in vs calories out is all that matters in weight management and fat loss. Enhanced athlete's bodies follow an entirely different protocol all together.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    interesting concept, however if you're a natural lifter calories in vs calories out is all that matters in weight management and fat loss. Enhanced athlete's bodies follow an entirely different protocol all together.

Exactly...I've been trying to hit that 'athlete body' range so that the laws of thermodynamics will no longer apply to me.

Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    Exactly...I've been trying to hit that 'athlete body' range so that the laws of thermodynamics will no longer apply to me.
    Sorry try this

"Enhanced" ; using the Cell tech, or riding a bike, or using the juice. Although the Law of Thermodynamics in fact does apply under these circumstances, some pretty amazing other things may occur. Such as "simultaneously losing body fat while gaining muscle"

Originally Posted by VIsland View Post
    Sorry try this

"Enhanced" ; using the Cell tech, or riding a bike, or using the juice. Although the Law of Thermodynamics in fact does apply under these circumstances, some pretty amazing other things may occur. Such as "simultaneously losing body fat while gaining muscle"

Yea I was just messing around...

OP to answer your question...if you're decreasing fats but still in a surplus, then you must be increasing the other macronutrients. In the end, whether its dietary fats or another macro, there will be excess energy which will get stored via fat or LBM

Interesting diagram, still dont see where the body would get its fats for cell synthesis if there is not enough in your diet? The body has to try to fill the void somehow, right?

OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) OutlawRider14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Interesting diagram, still dont see where the body would get its fats for cell synthesis if there is not enough in your diet? The body has to try to fill the void somehow, right?
    Everything but proteins (this is very basic and even some of them do) enter the Citric Acid Cycle as Acetyl CoA. From there a few ATP (bodies energy basically) but then molecules are Oxidized in the Electron Transport Chain. None of that is really important here, the Acetyl CoA is.

When a carb, fat, or certain protein is broken down to acetyl CoA and not used in the CAC (due to not needing more ATP at the moment) it will go into a storage form as a triglyceride. This is what you see stored in adipose tissue. Every type of macro can be changed to store as this.

If glycogen stores are depleted, yes the body will use carbs to fill them up first. After that, it's all fat baby. Fat, unlike carbs, does not need the extra water molecules so it can be stored much easier and requires less space.
    Read and ask informed questions.
    Then quit talking and start working.

MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattMQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know you cant "Get big" and "Lose fat" at the same time, but here is what ive been thinking about recently: If you were to eat enough calories to bulk, be in positive nitrogen balance and have a low fat diet, wouldnt you technically be losing fat while gaining. If youre not getting enough fat daily, you'd have to pull fat from somewhere for synthesis.. If there isnt enough fat in the diet, then you use the fat you have.. But if youre taking in 1-1.5g/lb protein a day in 4000 calories wouldnt you still be bulking? Id just like for someone to explain if and where Im wrong. If that is possible, then how many grams of fat a day should I not exceed?
    People get bigger and leaner all the time. I almost always grow into a cut. Keeping your diet high in quality protein and tons of nutrients. Lift hard, boom leaner and bigger muscles.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MattMQ View Post
    People get bigger and leaner all the time. I almost always grow into a cut. Keeping your diet high in quality protein and tons of nutrients. Lift hard, boom leaner and bigger muscles.
    Chances are you just appear to look bigger.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

has no use for a name n0useforaname's Avatar
    n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000) n0useforaname is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Chances are you just appear to look bigger.
    Just had this same discussion today in the gym.. When I went from 196 to 168.. Everyone told me I got huge.. And i tried to explain that I didnt.. But no one understood.
    Learning something new here every single day... and I'm still not sure if I understand : /