skinnytoronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Increase appetite + Avoid Protein Shake Bloating/Gassy?

Hi there,
    My Questions BELOW
    I've taken FenuGreek + Blessed Thistle + Digestive Enzymes (1 pill of each) ... it appeared to be effective over time, I actually finished a big-ish burger and the fries at a restaurant yesterday.

I am like 115 pounds now. My appetite has NOT been the best.
    I currently had 1 Steak McWrap meal from mcdonalds cost me $8.58. I'd say 600 calories , 30 grams of protein?
    I also had 2 eggo waffles (210 calories, 4g protein not including the sauce) with some sauce and 1 French Vanilla Coffee(made it at home with no milk).

So basically I'm at a whopping 600+210 = 810 calories... yay...

I hit the gym, unfortunately was too starving ... I did maybe 4 sets of 75 pounds bench press and 10 pullups via the dip-chin assist machine, and 1 set of bicep curls via machine 40 lbs.

You have a BMR of 1463.35.

1. How can I get more calories in.. / increase my appetite ...what works to increase appetite?
    Do you guys believe in that theory, the more you eat, the more you can eat, and that the stomach capacity, shrinks if I starve myself, and grows if I eat a lot more?

2.Protein shakes I fear will make me gassy and unfortunately I need to be out and about and can't afford to get gassy.
    Has anyone tried Vegan protein shakes?

3. What are some nutritious food choices which I can either buy, or are relatively easy to learn to cook?
    I am mostly concerned about getting the "MEAT"/PROTEIN. Not sure how crucial the salads etc come into play.
    I was thinking the following
    -Taco night - 1 lb. ground beef with some tacos?
    -Hot Dog night?
    -Hamburger night. ..
    -Chilli night... 1 lb. ground beef.

any other ideas?

dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50) dgrierms will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by skinnytoronto View Post
    Hi there,
    My Questions BELOW
    I've taken FenuGreek + Blessed Thistle + Digestive Enzymes (1 pill of each) ... it appeared to be effective over time, I actually finished a big-ish burger and the fries at a restaurant yesterday.

I am like 115 pounds now. My appetite has NOT been the best.
    I currently had 1 Steak McWrap meal from mcdonalds cost me $8.58. I'd say 600 calories , 30 grams of protein?
    I also had 2 eggo waffles (210 calories, 4g protein not including the sauce) with some sauce and 1 French Vanilla Coffee(made it at home with no milk).

So basically I'm at a whopping 600+210 = 810 calories... yay...

I hit the gym, unfortunately was too starving ... I did maybe 4 sets of 75 pounds bench press and 10 pullups via the dip-chin assist machine, and 1 set of bicep curls via machine 40 lbs.

You have a BMR of 1463.35.

1. How can I get more calories in.. / increase my appetite ...what works to increase appetite?
    Do you guys believe in that theory, the more you eat, the more you can eat, and that the stomach capacity, shrinks if I starve myself, and grows if I eat a lot more?

2.Protein shakes I fear will make me gassy and unfortunately I need to be out and about and can't afford to get gassy.
    Has anyone tried Vegan protein shakes?

3. What are some nutritious food choices which I can either buy, or are relatively easy to learn to cook?
    I am mostly concerned about getting the "MEAT"/PROTEIN. Not sure how crucial the salads etc come into play.
    I was thinking the following
    -Taco night - 1 lb. ground beef with some tacos?
    -Hot Dog night?
    -Hamburger night. ..
    -Chilli night... 1 lb. ground beef.

any other ideas?
    Try eating smaller and more frequent meals. Weight gain shakes are also great for folks with smaller appetites.
    There is no knowledge that is not power.

Live free or die.

Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wake up every morning first thing and pound down a home-made weight gainer shake. Use around 12oz milk, scoop of whey, cup of oats, 4 tbsp. PB, whatever else you can throw in there and blend it. Add fruit, ice cream, chocolate syrup, whatever. I can make a 1,000 calorie shake easy when bulking. One of those in the morning, one before bed, then eat whatever you normally would eat during the day.. you'll be over 3000 calories

skinnytoronto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nhayes91 View Post
    Wake up every morning first thing and pound down a home-made weight gainer shake. Use around 12oz milk, scoop of whey, cup of oats, 4 tbsp. PB, whatever else you can throw in there and blend it. Add fruit, ice cream, chocolate syrup, whatever. I can make a 1,000 calorie shake easy when bulking. One of those in the morning, one before bed, then eat whatever you normally would eat during the day.. you'll be over 3000 calories

Thanks for the tip! I will invest in a blender soon! That will probably stop the protein shake powder that isn't dissolving properly into the water from a bit of shaking.!
    On top of some chicken wrap from Starbucks ...
    810 calories + chicken wrap starbucks (200 calories?) ~= 1000 calories + 21 meatballs(660 calories) ... 1660 calories ...
    I also found that meat balls will help. 7 meatballs = 220 calories = 15 grams protein

argh... I still feel protein shakes will take a toll on my system ... I might be lactose intolerant and would prefer some alternatives, or maybe I can take some lactase pills.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    STRONG veggie/fruit consumption ITT.