evchado32 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to get over fear of failing?

I just started lifting and have been doing it consistently for about a month now. I completely understand that it takes time to get results, but I am in constant fear that I am not going to get them. I keep getting in my head that my form isn't right or that maybe I should try to lift heavier even though when I try to go heavier, my form is noticeably jacked up and I would have to cheat to complete a rep. Do you guys have any tips on keeping yourself motivated so that thoughts like these don't mess up the progress that you're trying to work on?

SkinnyChange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You get out of it what you put into it, if you lift and don't cheat, you will see results, good or not so good, depending on your diet and other stuff, keep working at it and you'll see results

b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) b0d023 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you want to see results you need to be consistent with your lifting,diet,etc..

The going to heavy part,leave your ego at the door,adding more weight that you can't lift with good form will only lead you to no results,posible injury and making a fool of yourself.

Unlimited Motivation hunterpauley's Avatar
    hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50) hunterpauley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Without failing, you cannot succeed. Learn from your mistakes and make a better end results next time.
    "Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you're not laying a brick down. Somebody else is."

Nutrition + Lifting Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161736303

Instagram: hunter_pauley

Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Restllessa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    eat clean,and lift hard but never force yourselve into taking more that you can handle! especially in the beginning

WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WildBoy747 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by hunterpauley View Post
    Without failing, you cannot succeed. Learn from your mistakes and make a better end results next time.
    Exacly what he said.
    I would like to add, Dont just go off with big ass weights, because you will make same mistake as i did when i began lifting, injuring the **** out of body. Dont look for MORE AND MORE INFO, just lift, dont count your progress in days, when we talk about bodybuilding, progress is counting in years, forget days,weeks,months, start with any kinda diet you like, any kinda program, just start doing something! and you will sueceed

CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadaBB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You must fail to overcome the fear of failing.

Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. – Mark Twain

MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10) MitchyDee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by b0d023 View Post
    If you want to see results you need to be consistent with your lifting,diet,etc..

The going to heavy part,leave your ego at the door,adding more weight that you can't lift with good form will only lead you to no results,posible injury and making a fool of yourself.
    A-f'ing-men

Repped.

BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BFJ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by evchado32 View Post
    I just started lifting and have been doing it consistently for about a month now. I completely understand that it takes time to get results, but I am in constant fear that I am not going to get them. I keep getting in my head that my form isn't right or that maybe I should try to lift heavier even though when I try to go heavier, my form is noticeably jacked up and I would have to cheat to complete a rep. Do you guys have any tips on keeping yourself motivated so that thoughts like these don't mess up the progress that you're trying to work on?
    flip it upside down and fear what might NOT happen and the results you would likely NOT get if you gave up, etc
    barbell1.com - home of The Barbell1 Show - the only 5 day/wk Online Radio on building muscle
    Listened to in 171 Countries, Downloaded 1.3 million X in 2014-15
    Get it free on iTunes and Stitcher Radio for your mobile device!

About me:
    MS in Sports Dietetics
    Registered Dietitian
    BS in ESS
    NSCA Certified Personal Trainer

kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000) kyle1922 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In addition to dont go heavier than you can handle, also remember that you shouldn't stagnate. Continually push yourself, not hurt yourself. It shouldn't be "easy"

Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    FOCUS on the end game , what you want to......

1. Accomplish
    2. Look Like
    3. Feel like

There are no shortcuts in life or bodybuilding.

The right way and the hard way are most the same way.

thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thankujebus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How to get over your fear of failing, is by succeeding.
    Last year I started lifting, took it seriously but could not get past 134 pounds at 3500 calories, went up to 4000 then 4500 and after 7 months total I gave up. Looking at it now, the mistake I did was I was just eating to much fat and not enough carbs.
    Yesterday I weighted up at 139.4 pounds. Not impressive, but I'm happy I beat myself.
    I think all you have to do is eat, sleep, lift - read information, and not opinion based on forums, watch motivational videos and just enjoy it.
    I'm aiming for 160 pounds before I go on holiday on 17th June, which is over 1 pound a week.

DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DreamChasing97 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just think that any,great legendary person has to have failed in order to be great and have succeded, just keep lifting and as you go on you will see progress if not go back and correct your mistakes and youll eventually progress. Good Luck with everyrhing my friend and remember we're all going to make it